Top floor of duplex, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
This updated top-floor duplex is located in one of Wallingford's charming turn-of-the-century homes. Set on a quiet street with a private entrance, tall ceilings, and hardwood floors, this 1 bedroom, 1 bath home boasts cozy and carefully selected furnishings, a large and fully stocked kitchen, and all of the comforts of home.
The living area has seating for 4, dining for 4, a large flat-panel TV set with cable and Roku, and a gorgeous view of the Seattle skyline across Lake Union from the living/dining/kitchen areas and the balcony. The living room has an uncommonly comfortable queen-size sleeper sofa with a thick foam mattress.
The bedroom features a queen-sized bed, and the living room has a queen sofa bed with a Sealy Posturpedic mattress. All mattresses are high quality and very comfortable.
You can also rent both the upstairs and the downstairs to book the entire house with comfortable sleeping for up to 10 adults, 2 kitchens, 3 baths, 3 bedrooms, and 2 queen sized pull-out sofas! Both top and bottom are also child friendly.
If you are not already familiar with Wallingford, you are in for a treat. The house is located within 6 blocks of some of the best restaurants, coffee shops, storefronts, parks, and sights that Seattle has to offer. Walk to Lake Union, Gasworks Park, the Burke-Gilman Trail, Fremont, the University of Washington and more.
We are a 2-minute drive to 99 (Aurora), 5 minutes to I-5, and 5-10 minutes to the 520 bridge. This provides the perfect commute to locations throughout Seattle and the East side. Street parking is available, and a dedicated driveway is available upon request.
just like home!
About the Owner
I have lived in Seattle for 14 years. I live downstairs, work from home, and am happy to answer any questions you may have or suggest fun activities in Seattle and the Puget Sound.
My family and I enjoy our free time exploring the city, attending cultural events, making and appreciating art, and roaming the Puget Sound region in our Westfalia and our sailboat.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you very much for the wonderful experience of staying in your apartment. Everythign is wonderfully set up and comfortable, and the view of the Seattle skyline is tremendous.
4.9 based on 23 traveler reviews
just like home!
My husband and I were lucky enough to find this lovely home for the July 4th holiday. This home is PERFECT to enjoy the fireworks from Gas Works Park just a couple blocks away. We had front row seats for the show from the balcony and didn't have to deal with the huge crowds. The kitchen had everything we needed to prepare 2 dinners - we just had to supply the groceries. Both beds (sofa bed) were very comfortable. We preferred to sleep in the livingroom so we could have the doors open for the fresh air. The Wallingford neighborhood is just beautiful and is close to everything you want to see in Seattle. Samantha was wonderful to deal with and responds promptly with any questions. I highly recommend this home, and will rent again on our next visit!!
Although better suited for a couple, my family of 4 managed to enjoy our stay. I was pleased to meet the owners. Since they were leaving for a vacation themselves, we were able to use their driveway to park. Otherwise, street parking is very limited. The upper story apartment contains all of the amenities, including a washer and dryer. If you have issues with climbing stairs, then be aware this place has a long and narrow staircase.
Great stay in a great neighborhood!
My boyfriend and I stayed here June 3-5, 2016 while on a roadtrip of the PNW. We had a great stay! I thought the location was really ideal. Wallingford is such a cute neighborhood, and we felt lucky to be able to stay right in the middle of it for a few days. We were walking distance from nice cafes and restaurants, Gasworks Park, and the Burke-Gilman Trail.
Best aspects of our stay:
-Free parking (Samantha provides a street parking pass on arrival)
-Walking distance to Recycled Cycles in the U District, where we rented road bikes (an absolute steal at $40/person/day) and spent an awesome afternoon biking to breweries along the Burke Gilman Trail.
-Balcony was wonderful! We opened the big French doors to let in a nice breeze. Plus there's a phenomenal view of the downtown skyline and Space Needle. It's really spectacular at night with the buildings all lit up.
-Privacy- We didn't see Samantha during our stay, but she seemed easy to reach had we needed anything.
-Keurig w/free coffee
-Easy access: Coded door, rather than having to deal with keys.
Thanks Samantha for welcoming us into your home! We will absolutely look you up next time we're in Seattle!
Great apartment, great location, great view. Well stocked kitchen, comfy furnishings, quiet street. Great place Samantha. We'll be back soon.
Comfortable apartment in a quiet area
There was all what we needed for a comfortable few week stay in Seattle. The area is very nice, green and quiet.
The view to the Seattle skyline makes a difference. The owners are very kind and helpful.
It was excellent
Thank you Samantha for a great three night stay. We loved the location and the view. The bed was very comfortable. We were beginning our vacation at your place so the malfunction of the washing machine was not an issue at that time. The coffee bar was aso a big hit for my husband. We will be back!
From the Owner
“I knew this was a great property when I first saw it from the street, and I saw it as home instantly when I walked inside. We feel fortunate to have a private and lovely apartment upstairs for visiting family and friends, and we are honored to share it with you so that more families make happy memories here.”
Activity and Interests
Wallingford Terrace: the perfect location for any mode of transit.
By Foot (walkscore: 86)
* 4 blocks/10 minutes to Lake Union, Gasworks Park, Essential Bakery, and the Burke-Gilman Trail
* 4 blocks/10 minutes to Wallingford Playfield (playground, wading pool, tennis, basketball, and field)
* 15 minutes to central Wallingford (grocery store, pharmacies, eateries, venues, shops)
* 15 minutes to central Fremont (PCC natural foods, eateries, venues, shops, Sunday Market)
* 20 minutes to the University of Washington via Burke-Gilman Trail
* 30 minutes to Seattle Pacific University and Queen Anne
* 30 minutes to the Woodland Park Zoo and Green Lake which features a 2.8 mile paved running/walking loop and park with indoor swimming pool, community center, playground, boat rentals, tennis courts, softball fields, basketball courts, and more
By Bike (bikescore: 84)
* 4 blocks to the Burke-Gilman Trail, a 27-mile recreational trail along Lake Union and Lake Washington
* Main streets have dedicated bike lanes
* All Seattle buses are equipped with bike racks
* We have a basic loaner bicycle available for your use (upon request), and there is a great bike rental place nearby.
* 2 blocks to the #26: Downtown, Fremont, Green Lake, Ballard
* 3 blocks to the #31/32: Children's Hospital, University of Washington, U District, Fremont, SPU, Seattle Center and the Space Needle, Magnolia
* 4 blocks to the #16: Downtown, Green Lake, North Seattle Community College
* All of these routes connect with the Link Lightrail, which runs south to Sea-Tac airport
* Although we are on a quiet street, we are two minutes from 99 (Aurora) and five minutes from I-5 near the 520 interchange
* Two minutes from I-5 Express Lanes (a commuter's dream)
* ZipCar and Car2Go cars available nearby
* Enterprise Car Rental provides complimentary pick-up and drop-off service
* Street parking is available, and dedicated off-street parking is available only upon request
* Within 4 blocks of a long stretch of marinas along North Lake Union, and within 5 miles of Shilshole and Fisherman's Terminal
* Kayak, canoe, paddleboat, sailboat, and motorboat rental resources nearby.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 24 2016 - Sep 16 2016
3 night minimum stay
Sep 17 2016 - Nov 30 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|One-time Cleaning Fee||$75 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 3:00pm check-in time, 10:00am check-out time.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“The kitchen, dining and living areas open up to a balcony with French doors and a gorgeous view of downtown from across Lake Union. Also, we have outfitted this rental with all the comforts of home. We have made Thanksgiving dinner in the kitchen and have outfitted it accordingly.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Lake View
- Monument View
- Water View
- botanical garden
- health/beauty spa
- live theater
- recreation center
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- miniature golf
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- 900 sq. ft.
- Bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower, tub, shower
- We provide plenty of towels and washcloths for 4 guests, as well as 2 nice terrycloth robes, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. A hair dryer is also provided.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Master Bedroom - 1 queen, 1 baby crib, New fold-up wooden crib with mattress stored in closet.
- The bedroom features two night stands, two touch-activated reading lamps, an alarm clock, a dresser, and a walk-in closet.
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- We are pleased you have found Wallingford Terrace. If you are looking for a quiet and comfortable home for your time in Seattle, you have found a treasure!