Exhale with Superb Lake views just 90 minutes from New York City! Pull in at the Pawling Train Station and take a cab to the Chalet!
Impressive, 2600 square foot, five bedroom, three bathroom, three-story, chalet-style home on Whaley Lake in Dutchess County, New York. Beautifully furnished and just 90 minutes drive from Midtown New York City.
Regardless of the time of year, the Chalet offers a tranquil setting to relax and unwind. Recline on the spacious, second-story surrounding deck, take to the water in the canoes, swim in the calm lake. Or in winter, enjoy the warmth of the wood-burning fire and watch the snow fall.
(TRY THIS: A Working Vacation,
With your family spending the week at the Lake, it is a short 10 minute drive from the Chalet to Metro North Railroad in Patterson. Take The Metro North directly to Grand Central Station departing at 7:02am and arriving Grand Central at 8:27am. Return in the evening to your relaxed family, departing Grand Central Station 5:59pm, arrive Patterson 7:27pm. Then, after a working week, enjoy the weekend with your family at beautiful Whaley Lake.)
The Lakeview chalet offers a very spacious vacation and entertaining environment, ideal for families with children of all ages, a group of friends or a romantic getaway for couples . From the first hint of light in the morning to the colorful glows of the dusk sky, the exhilarating, elevated views of the pristine lake and its surroundings will impress.
I. Third Floor:
1. The Master Bedroom is a highlight of the Chalet. This large bedroom is a private en suite, with a skylight and its own bathroom. The view from the long windows over the lake will take your breath away.
2. Two additional double bedrooms. One sleeps 2, and the other sleep up to 4.
3. A large separate bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath and sky-lights. Hardwood floors throughout.
II. Main Floor (open concept):
1. Living room: Beautiful stone fireplace with large wood burning stove, exposed hardwood beams throughout, full length windows from every angle looking out over the lake. There are a large 3 piece sofa set, 46" television and DVD player. Wifi and cable are provided.
2. Spacious fully functional kitchen with condiments, large counter top, dining / living area leading out onto the very spacious balcony, overlooking the lake. The dining table seats 8 and additional seating can be added.
3. One double bedroom, sleeps 2.
4. A large separate bathroom with spacious glass shower complete this level.
III. First Floor:
1. Fully functional office / one bedroom with outdoor access, the pull out bed sleeps 2.
2. Family/game room with pool/pingpong/air hockey table
3. Separate laundry room with a new washer and dryer.
4. A newly added large bedroom sleeps 4, with a queen bed and a pull out double bed.
This floor can easily sleep 6 at night but has space for day time activities. The first floor is perfect for children to play.Hardwood floors and heating throughout.
IV. The Yard:
The property has 2 yards on it's left & right side. The right side yard is flat and spacious with tree-surrounding lawn. A fire pit with 4 bench chairs are sitting close to the house. A summer night by the fire under the star-filled sky is amazing.
The driveway runs in front of the house leading to street on both end. It's wide enough to easily park 3-4 cars, but in case you need additional parking, you can park on the lawn on left side or find street parking across the house.
V. The Lake Access:
The entrance to the path leading to the lake is directly across the street in front of the house. You may find it a bit secretive because this is a small lake front for only a few nearby property owners who prefer privacy. The path is down a rocky slope so good walking shoes are recommended. The 2 canoes we provided are by the lakeside accessible to you with a key. The fishing poles, life jackets and oars are stored in the closet of the First Floor office. If you're serious about fishing, please bring your own fishing gears... Whaley lake is known for its great fishing!
Keywords: Lake Home - Chalet