Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 12 Sleeps
See Dates available by looking at calendar......It is up to date
* Beautiful Property located on Upper Upper Silver Lake which is a 5 acre non-motorized lake. Spectacular views of Upper Upper Silver Lake and Upper Silver Lake.
* Lake access to Upper Silver Lake which is a large all sports lake.
* Sleeps 6 people in home, Camper on site that sleeps additional 6-7 people (queen bed, bunks, table bed & sleeper soft). While we are capable of sleeping 12 people we only have one bathroom. The camper is available for additional sleeping. I recommend using the camper for overflow only.
* Located 1.5 miles from Dune Entrance and 1/2 mile from Golf Course.
* Very clean. Newly renovated including new flooring, paint, countertops, & plumbing fixtures.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The landscaping on your place was very nice. We enjoyed sitting on the swing watching the kids from across the way, play and fish.
3.9 based on 8 traveler reviews
We stayed here over labor day weekend and it was great! The yard and landscaping are simply gorgeous and it is very peaceful being on the lake. We had a great time in the dunes but the kids also loved the slide and swimming right by the cottage. It is a single wide trailer but very clean and we slept 5 just fine. It is nicely decorated. We would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. My only suggestions are the fridge is quite loud when the fan or something runs...so that is distracting for the person sleeping on the pullout in the living room. The kids were bummed that the fountain was not working so no water down the slide but they just splashed it up there then. Overall a great vacation place - peaceful and quiet.
Beautiful beach & yard.
We rented this place for our family of 5 and it was perfect for what we needed. I was surprised to read the negative reviews and wanted to post something positive since the owner went out of her way to answer our questions. I agree that this place is small but what you see online is exactly what we expected & what we got. When we arrived we found it to be very clean. My husband asked if I thought the owner used a towel service because the towels were so white. It was SO NICE that we were able to let the baby nap while the kids played outside on the beach. My son absolutely loved the water slide and fishing off the dock. We especially enjoyed the swing outside and the overall quietness. We had one day that was a rain day so we checked out the Elk Farm in Ludington. Overall we loved it and are planning on returning next year. Fox Barn Winery is a must do while in the area
Beautiful get away on upper upper silver lake
My family and I stayed at the Love Shack and had a wonderful time. The house was clean and fully furnished for our week long stay and the outdoors had an awesome fire pit and swing where you could sit and watch the kids play in the water. This was the perfect place for my children. The lake was perfect size and we had a blast in the paddle boat. My whole family enjoyed their stay here and would definitely rent this place again.
My husband and I stayed here and had a great time. The lake is very peaceful compared to the neighboring lake that had boats and jet skis running all day. There is a lot to do in the area and we even golfed at the golf course nearby.
I read a lot of the reviews and I guess I know what to expect in a single wide trailer and I found the pictures to be very realistic to what we experienced. Most importantly it was very CLEAN!
The landscaping is beautiful and I would definitely return.
Feedback - HOT!
We just returned on 7-19-13. Much to our surprise, the "Cottage" that is described is a single-wide trailer. We were disappointed to find this out on arrival. It was extremely hot in the trailer during the week. It was unbearable. We had the AC running with 4-5 fans running all week and the temp easily crept into the low 90's inside the trailer every day. Granted, the week we just had was the hottest of the summer, but we left a day early due to how hot it got inside the trailer even with the AC and fans running. Thankfully we spent most of our week in the water at the State Park, Silver Lake, Ludington State Park and Michigan's Adventure. But when we came back for lunch or dinner, all I could hear is Glenn Frey singing "The Heat is On"....
The outside is very nice....the dock, swing area, fire pit, nice landscaping, beach, etc.
The perfect spot for a family vacation!
We have four young children (8,7,3, and 1) and this was the perfect location to suit all of our needs. We had the best sandy beach on upper upper Silver Lake right outside our door. The lake felt secluded and private, yet we were less than 5 minutes away from the dunes and action in town.
The owner was very nice and accommodating, and always quick to respond. Great location, great owners, great vacation! This was exactly what our family needed!
Activity and Interests
* 1.5 miles from Dune entrance (close enough if you have paddle tires)
* 1/2 mile from golf course
* Craigs Cruisers, Bumper boats, mini golf
* Watercraft Rentals - you can also bring your own and put in Upper Silver
* Pentwater 10 minutes away
* Horseback riding
* Grace Adventures within 1 mile
* Boating rental companies will deliver to Upper Silver Lake
* State Parks
* Stony Lake
* Wine Tasting
* Little Sable Lighthouse
* West Mi Sand Dragway 5 minutes away
* Elk Farm Nearby
* Michigan Adventures 30 minutes away
* Hart/Montague Bicycle Trail
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Cleaning Fee -week stays||$75|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
|Fire wood (Optional)||$40|
|Kayak rental (Optional)||$40|
Nightly Rate: $200 - $200
Weekly Rate: $525 - $1050
RATES - Weekly 2016 Rates
* May 3rd to May 27th $525.00
* May 31st to June 17th $800.00
* June 17th to August 26th $1000.00
* Labor Day Weekend $600
* September 8th through Mid October $525.00
*RATES - Shorter weeks = discounted pricing
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- mobile home
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- coin laundry
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 700 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, tub, shower
- Outdoor Shower - shower, outdoor shower
- Towels included
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, TV located in Bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single
- Sleeper Sofa - 2 sleep sofa /futon
- Camper - 1 double, 2 twin/ single, must bring all linens and pillows for camper. Sleeping only
- Linens and pillows included in bedrooms inside home
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- * 60' Private Beach (not public access) great for swimming * Large Deck with Beach Views for Entertaining * All sheets, blankets and towels for home included in rental (not for camper) * Waterslide * Dock (fish swim to dock and love to be fed...and caught) * 20' Paver Patio Fire Pit * 20' Paver Patio with Shaded Pergola and Swing * Patio Chairs for laying out * Trolling motor available for fee * Paddleboat available for fee * Kayaks available for fee * Access to Upper Silver Lake * Charcoal Grill * Camper on property that sleeps additional 4-5 people (no additional fee) * Picnic Table * Excellent Fishing * Washer & clothes line for drying * Dvd player * Cable TV & Wireless Internet - available for rentals between June 10th & September 5th * A/C * 2 Bedrooms - 1 with queen bed, 1 w/bunks, sleeper sofa * Camper - 2 twins & 1 Full with room for one more on upper bunk * All kitchen appliances and utensils, * Maid service between rentals * Electric and water hook up on site for additional camper at $25.00 p/nt