House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
- Storybook handcrafted log home with 50' direct lake frontage
- 860 acre all sports Manistee Lake; 35 miles east of Traverse City
- Sleeps up to 6 with a private downstairs bedroom with full size bed with Perfect Cloud Mattress
- Upstairs features two twin beds and an Old Hickory bunk bed with two twin beds
- Furnished including bedding and towels
- Cast iron claw foot bathtub with gooseneck faucet. No shower
- Fully equipped kitchen. Gas range, microwave, full size fridge, slate counters, cooking and dinning utensils
- Stacker washer/gas dryer
- Housekeeping services are not provided
- No phone. No T.V.
The property is wonderful and perfect for a weekend getaway!
About the Owner
About Scott Katz
Lt Col USAF (Ret)
Owner Katz Centennial Farms, Marshall, Mi 200 ac farm
Resides in Dayton, OH
Interests include architecture, art, gardening, fishing, travel, books, campfires and good wine.
Scott Katz purchased this house in 2004
Why Scott Katz chose Northern Michigan
This is a real full log home built in the fashion of a turn of the century cottage but constructed in 2004. Huge log trusses, real stone foundation, knotty pine interior throughout and real cast iron bathtub. The kitchen is fully modern with full size refrigerator, gas stove/oven, built in microwave, and real soap stone counter. It also features a Jotul cast iron wood stove, free firewood for your campfire, and use of our Old Town Stillwater canoe and 2 kayaks...paddles and life jackets included. The lake drop off is gradual and their is a shallow water 60' dock. Also really nice is the stacker washer and gas dryer.
What makes this house unique
Full log and stone construction
28' covered cedar porch with knotty pine ceiling steps from the water with direct west sunset views
Use of canoe and kayak
Firepit and free firewood next to water with Adirondak chairs
Beautiful turn on the century porch swing looking out over water and sunsets and comfy wicker chairs on porch.
Cast iron claw foot tub
(11 traveler reviews)
Great family vacatiom
The cottage was very well furnished with everything you would need for a week away.
The sunsets in the evening are stunning over the lake.
The cottage is directly on Lake Manistee. It is VERY shallow water directly in front of the cottage and quite a ways out. Perfect if you have young children. However, if you are like my husband and boys, they were a bit disappointed it was so shallow because fishing off the dock was not an option. If you want to fish, you will need a boat to get in to the middle of the lake.
Easy correspondence with Scott the home owner.
Be aware of a few things. The cottage is in an area with other homes/cottages directly next door. No problem for us and the neighbours were very friendly.
There is no shower... Only a tub as stated in the description. I enjoyed it, however my 6'3" husband and sons were not impressed.
Overall a lovely cottage especially for those with young children.
The property is wonderful and perfect for a weekend getaway!
Working with Scott was wonderful! He was prompt on his responses back to us and the description on VRBO was very accurate. The Cabin is beautiful, easily accessible for the whole family, and right on the water. The location cannot be beat and the log cabin interior is beautiful! Everything was well equipped and clean. My young kids were entertained all weekend, from feeding ducks off the dock, to boating in the lake with the provided rowboat, to playing in the yard, and relaxing on the back porch. We have recommended this location to family and friends and will definitely be back next season! Thanks soo much!
Very clean, nice cabin
Cabin was very clean and in a great location on the lake. We would recommend this cabin to others. Our only wish was a shower and blinds on Windows. Location is ideal for many day trips.
Beautiful! It rained the entire weekend but we still had a BLAST! Sitting on the back swing with the breeze from the lake was so relaxing. Neighbors are very nice as well! This cabin was extremely clean and just the cutest!! Great for a small family or girls weekends! We can't wait to go back!
Beautiful log home on a wonderful all sports lake!
We loved our stay! It's a little gem..... Every detail about the cabin was great. We enjoyed being unplugged and playing games together, campfires, watching fireworks every night across the lake, ice cream from gas stop down the road, & bike rides. The next door neighbors are very nice and helpful. Great location close to Traverse City. We brought our boat up and water skiing, tubing, & fishing was a blast! The only thing I would of liked is a picnic table or something outside, so we could enjoy the outside more. Many memories!
Beautiful & serene...
The cabin is located on a large, beautiful lake, and was a perfect getaway 'up north'. We stayed during the week, and even though the weather was sunny, hot, and gorgeous, the lake was delightfully quiet. The huge fire pit was awesome, and used every night, and the kitchen table makes the perfect spot for games. The whole place is well appointed with comfortable furniture, and all the needed basics. And the bathtub is perfect for soaking after a long day outside.... We'll definitely be back!! Thanks again!
From the Owner
“This is a real full log home built in the fashion of a turn of the century cottage but constructed in 2004. Huge log trusses, real stone foundation, knotty pine interior throughout and real cast iron bathtub. The kitchen is fully modern with full size refrigerator, gas stove/oven, built in microwave, and real soap stone counter. It also features a Jotul cast iron wood stove, free firewood for your campfire, and use of our Old Town Stillwater canoe and 2 kayaks...paddles and life jackets included. The lake drop off is gradual and their is a shallow water 60' dock. Also really nice is the stacker washer and gas dryer.”
Activity and Interests
- Direct frontage on all sports Manistee Lake--porch is 40' from water
- Covered porch just steps from the water for reading and watching sunset
- Sandy lake with gentle drop off perfect for kids
- Jotul woodstove and cast iron clawfoot tub for indoor relaxation
- Great fishing for perch, walleye, bass
- Outdoor firepit
- 30 minute drive to Traverse City/Lake Michigan
- The perfect place to relax
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Acceptance of lease agreement required to make reservation.
Lease contains hold harmless agreement and binding arbitration agreement.
Check in after 4 p.m. Check out by 10 a.m.
Occupancy limited to 6 overnight guests.
No smoking in the cottage.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Full log and stone construction 28' covered cedar porch with knotty pine ceiling steps from the water with direct west sunset views Use of canoe and kayak Firepit and free firewood next to water with Adirondak chairs Beautiful turn on the century porch swing looking out over water and sunsets and comfy wicker chairs on porch. Cast iron claw foot tub”
- Sports & Activities
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Guests provide their own meals
- - Full log construction with large diameter logs, hardwood floors, and stained glass light fixtures - Woodstove (wood provided) and forced gas air furnace - Outside firepit - Arts & Crafts detailing incuding mica wall sconces, built ins and hand hammered copper hardware - Log stairs to upper level with a large dormer offering a grand view of the lake - Cast iron clawfoot tub--no shower - Kitchen features solid soapstone counters/knotty pine cabinets - Furnishings include Old Hickory furniture and antiques