House, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Nice Location, but not up to standard for
Great location, bad road, floor not level, the door would not open all the way. The shower was so bad had to go to a friends house. Not worth the price paid, needs help.
Recent stay at Little House at Paradise Point
The owners were very helpful. We arrived after dark and the owners were very responsive in directing us to the cabin. They were extremely responsive anytime there were questions.
After reading the description of the property and reviews I was a little apprehensive. 14 acres, on site caretaker, no window coverings...I was anticipating some setting out of a Steven King book. There are other homes around however there is no traffic that passes the cabin and no occupied homes visible from inside the cabin. Not spooky at all! Garrison Lake is not more than 75 steps from the cabin. A clearly marked path leads to the dunes overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We had two Mule Deer does and their twin fawns everyday along with a covey of California Quail.
Yes, per the reviews, the floors are pretty unlevel in the kitchen and the shower stall is a rusty metal enclosure BUT the price was extremely reasonable.
We both had work to do from our computers each morning. The Wifi was excellent and the view from our “workstation” of Garrison Lake was very nice.
Kitchen was well appointed. Enjoyed having the electric fireplace in the family room. Hot tub was on but we never opened the lid.
Again, the owners were extremely helpful. This was a much better option than staying in town!
Truly a little Paradise
This little paradise was perfect. Quiet, peaceful and very close to the ocean. The bungalow, as we called it, was clean, cozy and stocked with quality amenities, even a Hot Tub. We absolutely loved it and the location so much so that we extended our stay. We will definitely be returning!! The Host was very helpful with recommendations.
Cute, quirky home
I’m only giving this location four stars because it has several quirks. Overall we were delighted with our stay and would consider staying here again. Nothing is “wrong” with it, just may not be what others expect of a 5-star rating, so I’ve made a list of pros and quirks. If you don’t mind some quirks, this place is wonderful!
- Very close to the beach, just a couple minute walk up a small sand dune
- We went to the beach both evenings for sunset and had the whole beach to ourselves!
- Private area - there are houses nearby that seemed to be vacant when we were there
- Fire pit
- Hot tub (a review from August says it was unusable, and it has since been repaired and we loved it. It’s a 2-person, rectangular hot tub)
- Deer friends outside
- Only a few minutes drive to several restaurants
- Quiet area
- Netflix as well as a DVD player and small movie selection
- Popcorn and popper!
- Everything you need to cook at home
- Bed was slightly squeaky but very comfortable, as was the bedding
- Lots of extra blankets available if needed
- No curtains on any windows - the area is private but it still feels weird, and we’re light sleepers so the light in the morning woke us up pretty early
- The floor inside is very slanted, especially in the kitchen. This had no effect on us, just a thing.
- Animals in the attic. There weren’t any places they could get into the house, so this didn’t bother us.
- Netflix connection was pretty spotty in the evenings
- The shower is very small and you have to sort of shove the water around in the bottom to get all of it to drain afterwards because that floor is slanted. Also, no ventilation in the bathroom so it gets pretty steamy.
the house was great, VRBO sucks
I had a great time at this house. I wish I could contact the owner directly and get VRBO out from between us. I hate this app.
Great place for a mini honeymoon
Would have given 5 stars had the hot tub been operational. This cute, very private cabin is right on the lake, and a short walk from the beach. The house itself is very old, but tastefully appointed. I would suggest they replace the shower, though. The hard water stains make it look dirty, even though it’s quite clean. There’s a great little fire pit between the house and the lake, and private access to the lake that’s perfect for kayaks and canoes. Would definitely return once the hot tub is working again.
Golf..Bandon Dunes 30 miles, Cedar Bend 20 miles, Salmon Run 55
miles, Bandon Crossing 25 miles
World class fishing in 2 great Oregon rivers, Elk and Sixes
Beach combing(just 100 yards of Little House property to the Beach)
Art shopping in Port Orford
Kayaking Ocean & Lake
Wind Surfing ( 40 Miles to Pistol River)