House, 5 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, 12 Sleeps
Incredible beachfront rental!. This home is on the sand with
panoramic views up and down the Coast of Monterey and Santa Cruz,
Ca. Whether you are looking for an escape, a family reunion, a
surprise birthday party location or a relaxing few weeks by the
beach, you will love this house. This house was previously rented
and the guests come back year after year as the house holds many
happy memories for them. The property is on Manresa
beach, which is perfect for children, surfing, fishing, sunbathing
or just plain fun.
You will never be bored in this house. It is in a location that will
ensure your comfort. pick a spot by the window to put your feet up,
read or sit with your favorite Chardonnay as the sun sets. The
kitchen, bedrooms and all living areas in the home have incredible
ocean views. You will also find a bbq located on the upper deck. Why
stay in a hotel when you can have your own home right on the sand?.
This home is within a 10 minute drive of the Seascape Resort and
shopping center in Aptos, Ca. It is within 20 minutes from Santa
Cruz, Ca where the beach boardwalk is located.
This spacious beachfront home is perfect for corporate retreats, company meetings and off site work projects. It is only 45 minutes from the San Jose Airport and the Silicon Valley.
Paradise awaits you - It is closer than you think!
Glad we came
About the Owner
(8 traveler reviews)
Glad we came
If you have a large group of family and friends or just desire an enormous amount of quality space, this place is for you. My sisters and I recently rented this vacation home for our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. We were looking for a big place on the ocean that would hold all 3 generations of our family and this beach house fit the bill. The pictures and description of the rental were impressive , however, you have to be there to really appreciate how nice this place is. Kept up well and decorated beautifully with everything you might need. There are three levels with two decks. The upper deck is private with gorgeous views of the ocean. Beach access is only two short flights of stairs, you are literally on the beach! We enjoyed 3 wonderful days eating our meals with an ocean view, watching dolphins, bon fires on the beach, boogie boarding and walking for miles along the beach and just enjoying our family. Hmmm there are really no downfalls to this place I can think of, there is a kitchen, dining and living room on each level and a bathroom around every corner, everything is very accessible with plenty of closet space as well..
Awesome deck overlooking La Selva Beach
We rented the house for mothers day weekend and had enough space for 8 adults plus 4 kids. The location of the house is excellent, on a quiet beach with an inspiring view. The highlight was watching whales and dolphins play in the water just about 100 yards from the beach. The house was very comfortable. We would definitely go back!
The view was spectacular but
The house is right on the sand and the view was spectacular. But the logistics left something to be desired:
1) The house has 4 bedrooms instead of 5 as claimed on VRBO -- the "5th" was a queen bed in an open den directly facing the living area. No wall or curtain separating it from a high traffic area. No closet in the den.
2) The 2nd day was an extremely hot day, turning the thermostat to cold didn't produce any relief. The room temperature was 80 + degree when we called the owner and left message. No one called back for 3 hours. When the owner finally called back, she said that there was no AC in the house
3) Upon arrival at 4PM the first day, the key was not in the lock box as instructed, the door was not locked, and some strangers were found in the house. They said they were contractors working on the house. They left long pass the checking in time of 4PM.
4) The stipulations on the instruction received right before vacation time were over the top. for example, the first sentence was all capitalized and highlighted: "PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MOVING OF FURNITURE FROM ITS PRESENT LOCATION WILL AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT".
5) Communication is really hard. Emailed the owner about 5 times before getting a reply. She said she was on vacation. But still. Phone calls were mostly directed to voice mails and took a while to get a call back.
6) Other minor issues, such as no napkin or tissue, nor aluminum foil in the kitchen, low water pressure on the top floor shower, broken lamp shade on the lower level.
Ocean Front Beach House Bliss
My mother wanted to take our family (8 adults and 3 kids) on vacation. We needed a place with 5 bedrooms and were hoping for a location close to the ocean. This place exceeded all our expectations, so much so that were are already making plans to return next year! The house is ocean front, with stairs right out the door to the beach! Ocean views from all the bedrooms and living rooms. Three seperate levels all with bedroom(s), bathroom(s), living room area And a kitchen on each level - so plenty of room to spread out.
The middle/main level has a deck overlooking the ocean with a gas grill and chairs/ small tables to relax, along with a big kitchen table (seating for atleast 10), great for eating meals together. We all liked to hang out on this level which was perfect for looking at the ocean, sometimes spotting dolphins and sea lions, watching the sunset and the surfers, playing games and just listening to the waves crashing just below us. We liked the big TV on this level and access to NetFlix and the huge wrap around sofa.
And when were weren't inside, the beach right out the front door was our playground! We spent hours on the beach - in the water, surfing, boogie boarding (with boards that were made availiable to us, along with beach chairs), flying kites, playing ball and frisbee and taking long walks in either direction from the house. Bonfires are allowed on the beach, so we planned one evening sitting around the fire, playing music and making s'mores. When it was time to turn in, the bedrooms were very spacious, with beautiful views and to be able to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean was soo relaxing.
Our group ranged from grandma(74), to teenagers, to grandson 11, with autism. It is difficult to find a place that accomodates all of us so well, especially when traveling with a child with special needs, but this place was exceptional. The lower level of the house has a bedroom, an additional trundle bed (for the teenagers) as well as another separate bedroom with a sitting area and TV, and bathroom which provided the grandson with autism a quiet place to go to. The adults then had quiet bedrooms on the 2nd & 3rd level.
The owner is very accomodating, answering all our inquiries and providing us with detailed instructions. The property is beautiful, clean and well-maintained.
Although there are other attractions (Santa Cruz Boardwalk) and restaurants nearby (Capitola-Shadowbrook), we loved this house so much, we didn't want to leave.
Amazing home, stunning views, memorable vacation!
Rarely does a vacation live up to the hype, but our vacation to this beach house exceeded the hype. We just got back from a week vacationing with friends (9 adults and 2 children), and the home and location were perfect for a relaxing getaway. The home is three levels, each level having its own kitchen and sitting area, in addition to bathrooms and bedrooms. Every room in the house (except for the bathrooms:) has an ocean view. The middle level has a big kitchen table, perfect for eating meals together and playing games. The home has a nice deck overlooking the ocean, perfect for watching the sunset, spotting dolphins and sea lions, and watching surfers. The home sits right above the beach, and the stairs leading to the beach are right out the front door. We felt as though we had the beach to ourselves, as there were very few people on the beach all week. We spent much time laying out on the beach, and playing football, frisbee, and badminton. We even had a bonfire on the beach one evening. The home is spacious, and the view is stunning.
The owner is great to work with, providing prompt communication and detailed instructions. We'd return in a heartbeat.
My family recently returned from an amazing weekend in Santa Cruz filled with many great memories including a newly engaged couple. We have a pretty large family and many small children so we didn't know how well the house would accomodate our needs. We were pleasantly suprised to find the house was exactly what we hoped it would be. The layout of the house was great and allowed for all our guests to spread out and not feel too bunched together. We were also very happy that the ocean was so close that the sound of the waves did a great job in drowning out the noise that can come with such a big family. Not to mention, the ocean sound was such a peaceful way to fall asleep. The weather was amazing and everyone took full advantage of the proximity to the beach. I would highly recommend this home to any large families who want to enjoy all that Santa Cruz has to offer.
Activity and Interests
surfing, body surfing, sunbathing, fishing, walking (two plus mile
beach stretch), jogging, bbqing, bonfires, volleyball and many other
activities right in front of your own home!
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Water View
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- whale watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Half Bathroom
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- 5+ bedrooms and 31/2 baths. You will get more than 3900 sq ft. of living space with the beach as your back yard. Three full size refrigerators, fully equipped kitchen, two TVs, gas fireplace, large deck, private beach entrance, two living room areas. Three dining room areas and more. The home has 2 king size beds, 3 queen size beds, a day bed w/trundle that turns into king size bed. oceaviews from each living area in the home, family size gas grill on the deck overlooking the water and right above the sandy beach. internet/dsl/wireless. Washer and dryer facilities. If interested call me so I can give you all the information on this home. There is too much to write!.