Home, 7 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 12. Spectacular views. Private, covered dock.
Premier Location . . . Spacious Living . . . Specatcular views!!!
***** Only 3 weeks left for Summer 2017 ... Contact us soon!! *****
*** Or want to be added to a waiting list for 2018 ... Just send us an email with your request ***
The home features 7 private bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, a large modern kitchen,
Three large living areas, a wood fireplace, a unique circular stairway,
and a secluded bedroom in the woods. All the furnishings are new within the past five years. Nearly 1500 sq. ft. of outside deck.
The property is on 10 acres for great hiking and exploring on the southwest end of Bluff Island, Clayton, NY.
The home sits on a peninsula and is surrounded by water on three sides. The views are spectacular, 10 miles to the west, 2+ miles to the south and 7 miles to the east. There are only four properties on this 60 acre island. Seclusion is yours.
The deep water dock area has 1000 square feet of docking space, 80 feet of which is covered for maximum protection of your boats. Swimming, snorkeling, wave running and fishing from your own private dock. 120V electrical service available at the dock.
Customers must provide their own boat for access.
About the Owner
The Ludwig family has owned this property since 1974. It is our private home and we spend most of the spring and fall living on the island. Our extended family operates Camp Bil-O-Wood, , a summer children's camp located in Northern Ontario. Because we are in camp for much of the summer we usually rent 4 to 6 weeks each summer to families from all over the northeast. Since this is our three season home we are very particular about the families with whom we share it. Many of our families have been renting with us for more than 20 years. They feel like Bluff Island is their summer home and they treat it that way. Those who share our home are responsible for leaving the facility in the same excellent condition in which they found it upon arrival. We have no cleaning service because of our island location and ask that families clean it when they leave and treat the home like it is their own. This process has worked extremely well for the past 40 years.
We hope you like what you see and will contact us to see about remaining openings for the 2016 season. Or perhaps you would like to be put on a waiting list for 2017. Please see the calendar.
From the Owner
“As they say! It is all about LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION. While there are many other properties in the 1000 Islands NONE have the views and proximity to the action that we have on Bluff Island. Our contemporary home is a pleasant place to spend a summer vacation. It is close to Clayton for all your shopping needs. You can swim, fish and relax on your on island, at a place you too may someday call home.”
Activity and Interests
- Bluff Island is an excellent vacation place for:
Fishing - Bass, Pike, Walleye, Perch, Muskie, Etc.
Water Skiing, tubing and knee boarding
Sunbathing or just plain relaxing
- The 1000 Islands and Clayton, NY is a premier vacation destination
- In Clayton – 2 miles
- NEW 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel and Seaway Grille
The Antique Boat Museum - World Largest Antique Power Boat Museum
The 100 year old Clayton Opera House – many great events
The 1000 Island and Muskie Museum
The Hand Weaving Museum
Many unique shops and stores on the Clayton waterfront
Numerous fine restaurants are also available in Clayton
Fishing Guide service
Two golf courses
- In Alexandria Bay, NY – 10 miles
Boldt Castle – historical site
Large hotels and many restaurants
Two golf courses
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Sunday
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly Rate: $5500 - $6000
Summer Rates – mid-June to mid-September
$3000 to 4500 per week – (no more than ten overnight renters at any given time.)
Spring and fall – (limited availability - call for information)
A 50% deposit is required to book the date. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival at the property. You will receive a confirmation when you initial deposit is received.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“- LOCATION! - Super views . . . Huge Decks . . . Privacy! - Great fishing! Check out the number of boats that stop at your house to fish! - Solitude on your own pleasure island. - A home with a fully equipped kitchen if you should decide to eat in. - Windows GALORE! Everywhere you look there is an extra large window to allow you to view the wonders of this Bluff Island home and it's surroundings. - Relax on the 1500 sq. ft. of deck or overlooking the St. Lawrence River in a swinging hammock.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Garage ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- duty free shops
- live theater
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 4000 sq. ft.
- The 'Master' bathroom - toilet, shower, 1st floor Master - Two rooms - Pedestal sink in outside room
- '1st Floor' bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower, 1st floor - with vanity sink - near bedroom 2 + 3
- The 'Captain's Delight' bathroom - toilet, shower, jetted tub, 2nd floor - Double vanity - huge tub with an awesome view
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- The 'Lighthouse' bedroom - 1 queen, 2nd floor - large room - awesome views
- The 'Cottage-in-the-Woods' - 1 king, 1 twin/ single, Solitude in a separate cottage in the woods - 50yds. away
- The 'Castle' bedroom - 1 king, 2nd floor - large room - awesome views
- The 'Office bedroom' - 1 queen, 2nd floor - Queen sofa bed in office area
- The 'Double-decker' bedroom - 2 queen, Double-decker, 1st floor, near private bath, deck access
- The 'Sailboat' bedroom - 1 king, West end of home, 1st floor, near private bath, deck access
- The 'Master' bedroom - 1 king, 1st Floor, Private bath and walk-in closet, deck access
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Inside: - Enjoy the vacation of a lifetime - This special 4000 sq. ft. home will become your favorite vacation place. - Fully furnished including many, many leather Laz-Boy chairs and sofas. - 50” HD TV (Direct TV) with surround-sound, DVD, CDs, and radio. - 7 Private Bedrooms – all with large windows and great views. - 3 King size beds, 4 Queen size beds – Sheets, pillow covers and towels are not provided. - 3 Full bathrooms, 3 showers, one with bathtub, and one seperate jacuzzi tub. - A large (32’ wide) living/dining room with fireplace, a cathedral ceiling and views in every direction. - A Great Room (40’ wide) with floor to ceiling glass on three walls. Game table too. - All new kitchen appliances, DW, range, and microwave. - All kitchen and food service equipment provided. Comes complete with amazing sunset views. - Central Air Conditioning and Heat - Washer and Dryer - Gas Grill and cooking equipment - All blankets, pillows, comforters are PROVIDED – linens and towels are not provided. Outside: The Deck of Decks: - One of Bluff Island's premier features ... Our 120' x 8' deck sits high above (40 feet) the St. Lawrence river. You can watch a sunrise, look at 700 foot ships pass by, take a nap in the hammock, and watch a sunset all from the same deck ... it is spectacular! Beyond the Deck: - You have the St. Lawrence River and the 1000 Islands as your playground. - A 10 acre property that provides privacy and luxurious living. - The waterfront area has great swimming and fishing on your own property. - A great place to explore the 1000 Islands, fish, swim, or just relax. - Walk on the island among the huge rocks and beautiful trees. - 80’ of covered dock area. Two excellent swimming areas - Excellent location for boating and fishing. - Dock has eight lounge chairs and 4 deck chairs with tables. - 2 miles by boat from Clayton, NY - Marinas nearby for gas and boating supplies - Bait store and grocery store nearby in Clayton, NY