Condo, 4 Bedroom, 4 Bath, Sleeps 12...CONTACT OWNER FOR WEEKLY RENTAL SPECIALS
Catherine Britton/GT Britton
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Lovely beach, views and accommodations.
Not all as claimed
The property was very nice, the bedrooms were great, and the view beautiful, room on the beach and that is where it ends.
• One day without AC.
• Spotted palmetto bugs
• Furnishings are less then comfortable
• It is not located in a gated community but along the road to a gated community
• The swimming pool is just over a half mile away from the unit
• The beach is not a “100 yards” from the beach but 330 yard
• The sand dunes are 100 yards after you cross two active streets
As for the local amenities such as restaurants there are too few to handle the population, waits from 60 to 90 minutes to be seated and then more time because they are all under staffed. Sea food is great after the wait. Are you going fishing? Nice, the pier charges by the fishing pole and pier closes at 12 PM. Want to go out on a boat to fish? Even better, make a reservation more than two weeks out or no fishing from a boat. This place cannot handle the number of people that show up every week.
As for the infer structure everyone arrives at 4 PM on Saturday, and everyone checks out at 10 AM on Saturday. Going and coming from Ocean Isles Beach you will travel at one point, no lie, one mile an hour for two miles. If you drive there, stay off the main routes.
One last thing Lowes Foods, great place they have the number of employees to handle the mass of people, hats off to you.
We are in full agreement that this is a very nice property. The unit is inspected before and after each rental to insure the highest quality maintenance. I stayed there with my father the week before this guest’s visit and the home and the beach was lovely as always. We have had 100% positive input from all guests.
• The AC issue was reported to our property manager, Cooke Realty, Sunday morning and was corrected that afternoon with under a 6 hour turn around.
• Palmettos live outdoors in all tropical climates, can fly and are attracted to light. It is misleading to suggest otherwise.
• The Islander Villas is no longer gated and the property description has been updated.
• The location of the community pool, restaurant and exercise facilities (.4 miles 5 minute walk) was communicated to the guest prior to arrival.
• The short beach access walkway across the dunes is 100 yards (3 minute walk), was communicated accurately, and is clearly visible from internet available satellite pictures …..not 300+;
Many families visiting Ocean Isle Beach have stayed at our beach home and had wonderful vacations. It is unfortunate that these visitors obviously did not enjoy their stay at this very beautiful and popular beach destination.
OIB is a great place to be with family. The island is quiet, primarily residential, with wide beaches, great restaurants, a commercial area in the center with miniature golf, arcade, beach shops, kayak and other activity rentals, church and public fishing pier. Just off the island, there are an amazing number of great golf courses within a few miles; golf amenities range from the basic to top rated, Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer designed destinations and all are easy to access. Restaurants abound; great seafood in Calabash style, Caribbean treats, Mexican specialties, Steak houses, Italian, and all manner of other choices. OIB is only a few miles north of the Grand Strand and all the activity around Myrtle Beach: world class shopping, golf, and food. OIB is only a few miles south of Historic Wilmington: Gardens and House tours, the Battleship North Carolina, historic forts and other activities are all close by. Recreational fishing excursions in the Intercoastal Waterway and the Ocean are available from nearby piers. The condo has a guest binder that details the many available activities.