House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 7 Sleeps
Enjoy gorgeous sunsets, panoramic lake views, swimming, fishing, hiking, and boating fun from this 2 bedroom, 1 bath cozy camp located steps away from Snow Pond (a.k.a Messalonskee Lake).
This pristine location is one of the best fishing lakes in Maine and across America*. The owner, a Maine Fishing Guide, renovated it in the spring of '07. The quaint camp features open living space between kitchen, living room, and dining area. Nestled in a small cove, the home and the yard offer plenty of privacy.
*150 Best fishing in America (Field & Stream, June 2007).
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We cane for a relaxing vacation. Read 4 books, did some kayaking, had two really nice susets. Watched the loons fishing. Was a nice time. Cottage very nice. Lake is nice too. Great sunsets.
Had a good relaxing week.
Activity and Interests
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, the Belgrade Lakes is the place to be!
Messalonskee Lake is one among many in a chain of lakes. The quaint village is nestled between two lakes and includes shopping, restaurants, and often holiday festivals (4th of July, Octoberfest, etc.)
Fishing: Too many species to list!
Boating & Swimming - galore
Golfing - Belgrade's pristine public golf course
Ocean beaches - Rockland, Owl's Head, Camden
Many miles of hiking/Cross Country Skiing Trails in Area
Snowmobiling, Skating/Ice Fishing
Shopping/Day trips: Belgrade Village or Augusta Marketplace are both 10 minutes, Freeport Outlets or Rockland/Camden coastal shops are within an hour
Movie theaters (10 min), Drive-in (seasonal)
Bowling (10 min)
Local theaters (Monmouth Theater - seasonal; Waterville Operah House)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 22 2016 - Sep 4 2016
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates increase during peak summer season (Memorial Day to Labor Day). In peak summer season we prefer to only rent by the week. However we will consider daily rentals upon request, if available.
Please inquire for any other type of pricing (monthly, etc.)
Guests are expected to leave the camp clean, in the same condition as they found it, with any garbage stored in the shed before departing.
September thru November can be the best months on the lake in Maine. The scenery is wonderful for the changing season, the days are warm still, and the fishing, hiking and hunting is great!
We require a booking deposit of 50% to confirm the reservation, with full payment received 30-days prior to arrival. Maine state lodging tax 7% added to rental.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- One bedroom has a king size bed. The other bedroom has a bunk bed and a twin. There is a pull out couch in the living room that opens to a full size bed. Blankets & pillows, sheets, towels, kitchen towels, etc. are provided. Camp has well water and includes washer/dryer. Full bathroom. Thermostat regulated propane heater is used for cool seasons. Fully equipped kitchen comes with: gas cook top/oven microwave toaster coffee Pot refrigerator TV w/VCR (reception for just a couple local channels-bring videos!) Outside you’ll find a deck, gas grill, quaint sitting spots, fire pit, picnic table and more. Canoe w/life jackets and paddles Private dock and mooring Boat launch area is 3 minutes away Boat Rentals available – fishing guide services too. Cell phones work well in area.