Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 6
About Lisa Rappa
We are snowbirds, but I grew up in Michigan, and moved to Florida after college. Buying this cottage in 2005 was a way to get back to our roots. My husband, originally from Connecticut, has become an adopted Michigander.
Lisa Rappa purchased this Cottage in 2005
Why Lisa Rappa chose Onaway
We loved the area, the fishing, Michigan's up north and the vast areas of undeveloped wilderness. The friendliness of the people in Onaway and the Tip of the Mitt was just an added bonus.
What makes this Cottage unique
We loved the coziness of our cottage, and being directly on the lake. The sunrises are spectacular too. The master bedroom and bath were re-done by previous owner, adding a laundry room too. It's perfect for having our many friends from downstate stay with us. We've enjoyed many bonfires, biking trips on the nearby trails, and BBQ's in the yard as well. We always look forward to getting back up north every spring and summer.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Annual late summer Black Lake Stay
Past rental of this site had us returning again this year.
Clean, comfortable, with plenty of room and extra amenities not found at other sites.
Great morning sunrise views from porch.
Great location to area and regional northern Michigan activities and scenic sites.
Lake great for fishing and water sports and activities.
The cottage was just as it was described.
The cottage was just what we needed. It had everything you needed for the week. The beds were comfortable and the cottage was furnished nicely. There were plenty of kitchenware, utensils and pantry items. The view was beautiful from the enclosed porch or from the living room with it's large unobstructed windows. We had a great time. The only surprise we had was the closest restaurant was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, which we had arrived on a Tuesday evening. That was is the worst thing I can say about this property. Thanks for a lovely place to have a nice vacation.
Traditional lake cottage on beautiful Black Lake-it was perfect for our family.
The cottage has all that you need for your stay, right on the lake with beautiful views!
Thank you for your review, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please come back again!
Great place on Black Lake
My sisters and I enjoyed this cozy cottage. The kitchen had everything we needed. The main bedroom was spacious and had a very comfortable queen bed. The twin bedroom was comfortable too. We enjoyed sitting by the lake, swimming, going to Ocqueoc falls nearby, Mackinaw City, and just playing games on the picnic table outside, or reading on the front porch. It was a great place and Lisa was really great to work with.
Thank you for staying with us this summer, and enjoying our home away from home. Please keep us in mind for another week sometime next year. Your review is much appreciated!
Perfect location and pleasant cottage. Lisa was wonderful to deal with!
The cottage is beautiful. Very clean. Stocked with everything you would need. Beautiful lake!
The propert was great. We had a wonderful time. Would rent again!!
Thank you Randy. We are glad you and your family enjoyed our little home on the lake.
You'll be sure to enjoy the many activities on Black Lake, which include:
* Boating of all kinds, including kayaking and canoeing.
* Swimming - shallow at shore and sandy too
* ORV/ ATV riding - trails are only a mile away from cottage
* Deer, otter, eagles, ducks, loons, swan viewing
* See the sturgeon hatchery with live yearlings in Tower (Keebler Dam)
* Golfing - courses near the lake or in town
* BBQing (charcoal grill included)
* Hiking - plenty of trails around the lake
* Wildflower sighting, berry picking
* Bike riding
* Antiquing & shopping in Cheboygan, Mackinaw City, Harbor Springs, Petoskey
* Dining - plenty of local restaurants with variety of menus
* Movies - in nearby Cheboygan, or plenty of DVDs at the cottage.
* Onaway and Aloha State Parks are just minutes away.
* Ocqueoc Falls - open in summer for swimming, tubing and waterplay
* Casinos are located in Petoskey and St. Ignace
* Lorenzo's, the local restaurant up the road, is family run and operated, and has eat-in or take-out dining which includes delicious pizza. Plus, there are loads of other restaurants around the lake and in nearby Onaway or Cheboygan. Fresh perch is on on the menu in many of them
* Golf enthusiast? You'll find many public golf courses nearby, including the famous course at Black Lake Golf Club, only 3 miles south.
* Into Off-Road riding or ATV-ing? DNR courses and trails that are marked and mapped are abundant on N. Black River Rd and at Black Mountain Recreation area on the northeast side of lake.