Cottage, 2 BR, 1 B, 5 guests max!; WEEKEND, MIDWEEK (Monday - Friday), WEEKLY
**** WE OFFER WEEKEND (spring and fall), MIDWEEK AND WEEKLY RENTALS. CLICK ON "Rates & Availability" - "View All Rental Rates" - Additional Information about Rental Rates ****
Situated on the renowned East Bluff of Keuka Lake at 5283 (aka 534) East Bluff Drive, our updated 1930's cozy 2 bedroom, 1 bath lakeside cottage offers 1000 square feet of Keuka Lake charm with modern amenities. Wake up to beautiful sunrises and enjoy our 50 feet of lake frontage. There is a walk-in area to the lake as well as a large dock. Swim, fish, or relax in one of the comfortable Adirondack chairs on shore, on the deck, or at the end of the dock. Read a book or take a nap in the hammock overlooking the lake. The enclosed porch offers a spectacular view of the lake.
The cottage is 5 miles from Penn Yan, 1 mile from East Bluff Harbor Marina (boat rentals, etc.), 1 mile South of Keuka College and close to the famous Keuka Wine Trail with tours and tastings, Keuka Lake State Park, and many gift shops, antiques, fine restaurants and golfing.
* We do not allow pets.
* Maximum of 5 overnight guests.
* This is not a rental property! It is our vacation retreat that we rent out occasionally.
* We do not provide water toys, floats, life jackets, boats, fishing equipment, etc.
* We strongly recommend water shoes for swimming.
* We do not permit large parties or gatherings. The occasional visitor is welcome. If you are looking to entertain, this is not the place. There are quiet neighbors on both sides.
* Renters to provide their own linen, paper products (starter pack provided) and laundry detergent (starter pack provided).
* Basic linen rental is available for $40/visit.
WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT LEAVING THE COTTAGE AS CLEAN AS YOU FOUND IT!!!
You have the option of doing your own cleaning or we offer a departure cleaning service if you would prefer to have the cottage cleaned after you leave. The cost for this service is $200.00. Please include the cleaning fee with your rental fee if you are going to use the departure cleaning service. Please be advised that the cleaning fee will be charged if the cottage is not left as clean as you found it.
For more information contact us via email or call us if you do not receive a response within 3 days!
Wonderful cozy cottage in Finger Lakes
About the Owner
4.9 based on 12 traveler reviews
Wonderful cozy cottage in Finger Lakes
My Husband and I just returned a couple weeks ago from our first trip to the Finger Lakes. Hall's Great Escape was the perfect cottage for us. It was quaint, clean and had everything we needed. The cottage was close enough to where we wanted to be. We visited Watkins Glen and many of the Wineries in and around Seneca & Keuka Lakes. We loved how close the cottage is to the water and wished we booked our trip earlier in the summer so that we could enjoy more daylight time outside the cottage. Although, the scenery all around was breathtaking with all the Fall colors! Our only regret was not staying longer. We would definitely love to come back to Hall's Grape Escape!
Everything As Anticipated
We initially picked Halls Grape Escape because it is one of very few that offer both internet and washer/dryer. What we found on arrival was great, had that intangible "this is NICE" factor. All our needs were covered. Clean, well-kept inside and out. Owners provide very comfortable accommodations while maintaining timeless cottage charm. Hall's Grape Escape is in a peaceful Bluff location, also close to Penn Yan grocery stores and Seneca Farms! Municipal water source is a nice plus. Owners are friendly, business-like, and communicate promptly.
Great view, bright and airy
The cottage is exactly how the pictures showed it, bright and airy. Everything was clean and in good condition. The view on the lake was amazing all day and night. We enjoyed the local wineries, some historic buildings in Penn Yann and even a trip up to Niagara Falls. Super relaxing, can't wait to go back!
We just returned from a relaxing 9 day pre-season retreat. The cottage was comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed the sun room almost as much as the dock. It was the perfect spot for morning coffee, meals, wine, and card games. The location is close to town and wineries. One of the perks of going early is how quiet and peaceful it is. There was little traffic on the road and it was nice to be able to take long walks. It was an enjoyable stay!
The Grape Escape was just right for a girls weekend! We were able to shop in Hammondsport, enjoy Finger Lakes wine tastings and local cuisine during the day, then late afternoon return to the cottage for happy hour and dinner. Sitting in the wonderful Adirondack chairs by a fire with a glass of Finger Lakes wine was the perfect way to end the day! We will definitely be return guests at the Grape Escape! Thank you Scott for sharing your family's cottage!
The Great Grape Escape
Comfortable, clean home on a beautiful lake. Owners provide helpful guidance so you can enjoy all the place has to offer. We fished, swam, shopped, played cards, and relaxed in the evenings around the fire pit sipping Finger Lakes wine. Picnic table by the water for lakeside meals of fresh fish. Keuka is an excellent smallmouth bass fishery, and we landed some bronzebacks over 20". Our grown kids renewed childhood rivalries on the N64 game console provided. Neighbors were quite friendly without being intrusive. This entire region is just gorgeous. Take in stunning views from the local wineries, especially Heron Hill and McGregor. Rieslings and some Cabs are very good. All in all, a wonderful week! We'd love to return.
Activity and Interests
Swim, ski, tube, relax, sun, fish, read, sleep, winery/brewery tours, shopping (Waterloo Premium Outlets), go karts, golf, tennis, bonfires, canoe, sail, jet ski, hike (Keuka Outlet Trail), horseback riding, restaurants, restaurants by boat (The Switzerland Inn, Lakeside Inn, The Waterfront, Snug Harbor, Top of the Lake, etc.), Black Rock Speedway, Watkins Glen Int'l Raceway, museums (Corning Museum of Glass, Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, Finger Lakes Boating Museum, Oliver House Museum), horse racing, MacKenzie-Childs ceramics, antiquing, Women's Rights Nat'l Historical Park, bicycling, The Windmill Farm & Craft Market, New York Wine & Culinary Center, hot air balloon rides, glider rides, etc....
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 24 2016 - Sep 8 2016
4 night minimum stay
Sep 9 2016 - Oct 28 2016
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Instant rate quotes are not always accurate!
&***SUMMER MIDWEEK RATE IS $750/4 NIGHTS (Monday to Friday) (MOVE IN AFTER 10:30 AM, MOVE OUT BEFORE 11:30 AM).***&
&***SPRING MIDWEEK RATE IS $525/4 NIGHTS (Monday to Friday) (MOVE IN AFTER 10:30 AM, MOVE OUT BEFORE 11:30 AM)***&
&***FALL MIDWEEK RATE IS $595/4 NIGHTS (Monday to Friday) (MOVE IN AFTER 10:30 AM, MOVE OUT BEFORE 11:30 AM)***&
&**WEEKEND RATE (Fall and Spring) IS $370/2 NIGHTS (Friday to Sunday) (MOVE IN AFTER 2:30 PM, MOVE OUT BEFORE 11:30 AM)**&
-ADD SUNDAY NIGHT (if available) for $150/1 NIGHT (MOVE OUT BEFORE 11:30 AM)
Security deposit due within 7 days of reservation.
Entire rental amount due 20 days prior to arrival.
Weekly rentals are Friday to Friday (move in after 2:30 pm, move out before 11:30 am).
Payments may be made by check or money order.
The security deposit will be returned (mailed) with in 4 days of your departure.
***If you must cancel reservation for any reason , you will receive a full refund minus the $300 deposit. A change will be treated as a cancellation and the same terms will apply.***
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, small but clean and functional with shower, sink and toilet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, Twin over a full sized bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Additional amenities include: * Swim Raft * Off Road Parking * Mooring Buoy * Free WiFi * Flat Screen TV's * Free Firewood * Picnic Table w/ Sunbrella * Hammock * Fans * Kitchen: includes a stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, pots and pans, and all dishes, glasses/cups, silverware and cooking utensils; kitchen table; small stacked washer and dryer. * Living room: queen sized sleeper sofa, chairs, flat screen TV (basic cable), VCR/DVD player, stereo (AM/FM, CD), and a small library of CD's, movies (DVD and VHS), books and games; Nintendo with several games; a natural gas fireplace for taking the chill out of those cool nights * Enclosed porch: is the charm of the whole cottage. Accessed through french doors, it overlooks the lake. There is a sitting area with wicker furniture, a breakfast/dinner table for 4, and a full sized futon sleeper sofa for cuddling up with a great book, a mid afternoon nap, or for extra sleeping accommodations and a window air conditioner for super hot days * Upstairs: (BR#1) with a twin/full bunk bed, dresser and a large window overlooking the vineyard; (BR#2) has a queen sized bed, 2 dressers, a closet, TV, built in air conditioner and a large window overlooking the lake; bathroom includes a modern shower, toilet, and sink; whole house fan for a quick cool-down at night(vents into attic) * The driveway is big enough for 1 vehicle. There is additional space in the field directly across the street. * There are 14 steps down to the cottage entrance. There are an additional 14 steps down to lake level. * There is a break wall running the width of our waterfront (50') with a walk-in area. The walk-in is great for small children. * The lake gradually slopes from about 1.5 feet deep to 5 feet deep at the end of the dock. * There is a propane gas grill for cookouts and a fire pit for evening fires and cooking smores (firewood provided). * The large picnic table with sunbrella seats 10 comfortably. * There are total of 8 Adirondack chairs (some with side tables and footrests) for seating, sunning, and snoozing. * The hammock under the willow tree is perfect for outdoor lounging. * The dock extends out 40 feet with an 8' x 12' patio at the end. There are cleats on the dock for tying your boat to and a ladder for getting in and out of the water. Mooring whips are located at the end of the dock as well as a couple of Adirondack chairs (perfect for morning coffee and a newspaper). * There is an 800 lb mooring available for your boat (prior arrangements need to be made). * There is a wooden swim float approximately 75 feet from the end of the dock. It has a ladder. * Landscape lighting for stairs and deck at night.