Cabin, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
Travel 'Scenic Highway 38' to 6000' high Forest Falls. Gentle curves and majestic vistas indroduce you to one of natures wonderlands... 'Valley of the Falls'. A Birders Paradise!
Precipituous mountain ridges, year 'round waterfalls, hiking trails,
peaks, crags and specimen tall trees await you. Many refer to this area as 'little Yosemite' and your neighbors include squirrel, coyote, black bear, dear, bobcat, mountain lion, big horn sheep and an array of both winter and summer birds.
'Cabinn of the Falls' is a gracious timepiece pristinely captured in its' 1930's origin. Log constructed and oak floored with 2 bedrooms, bath, dining room and living room graced with a large signature stone fireplace. As you step through this portal in time, take a deep breath of mountain air and listen to her whisper, 'Welcome Home Life's Traveler'.
'Cabinn of the Falls' is located in the heart of Forest Falls, across the road from year 'round Mill Creek and just a short walk to Elkhorn General Store, Jessica's Treasures Gift Shop, San Gorgonio Art Gallery, and El Mexicano Restaurante. For local information contact Gillmore Real Estate 909 794-2518, with offices in Forest Falls and Angelus Oaks.
Forest Falls has Verizon Cell service with the tower only 1 block away. In addition to basic WiFi at the Cabinn, there is internet access through your cell phone with Verizon OR with a Verizon Jet Pak or equivalent. There is NO landline phone at the Cabinn.
A Birders Paradise, Forest Falls has a great year 'round bird population with a substantial migration each year. Summer residents include Anna's, Black-chinned, Rufous, with occasional Calliope and Costa's hummingbirds. Acorn, White-headed, Nuttalls, Hairy, Northern Flicker and Red-napped Sapsucker Woodpeckers, Spotted and Green-tailed Towhee, White-breasted, Pygmy and Red-breasted Nuthatch's, Canyon and House Wren, Western Bluebird, Mountain Chickadee and more. Migratory visitors include; 6-7 Warbler species, Hermit & Varied Thrush, Ruby-crowned Kinglet... just to hame a few.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Experience the 3 R's while at the Cabinn; Relax, Read and Recreate. Walk
1 block to the store, spend the day hiking upper Mill Creek Canyon or
get a Wilderness Permit and hike the San Gorgonio Wilderness to
11,502' high Mount San Gorgonio.
Feeling lazy? Sit on the front porch and watch the birds fly by or walk
across the road to the banks of Mill Creek with it's soothing 'white
Take the scenic drive on Highway 38 to the Barton Flats area and Jenks
Lake just 20 minutes away or continue on over 8400' Onyx Peak into the
Big Bear Valley with extensive winter and summer recreation activities.
From the Cabinn you can travel to Palm Springs in under 1 hour, Orange
County (Disneyland, etc.) in 1 hour and the beach cities of Huntington,
Newport and Laguna within 1.5 hours.
Local communities of Yucaipa, Redlands and Oak Glen are just 20 minutes
down the hill and San Bernardino only 35 minutes away. For real estate
information in the local area contact Gillmore Real Estate, serving
the area since 1925 with offices in Forest Falls and Angelus Oaks.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $165 FRI, SAT, SUN. $150 NIGHT OTHERWISE
Weekly Rate: $892.50
Monthly Rate: $2610.00
$145 per night for 2 persons Friday, Saturday and Holiday nights. $120 per night Sunday thru Thursday, excluding Holidays. $10 per additional person up to maximum
of 4 adults. 2 night minimum on weekends. Extended stay discounts available, contact us for details.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Private Chef
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 850 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Large shower, fluffy towels and hair dryer
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom #1 with double bed and bedroom #2 with bunk beds. Iron and Ironing board.
- Deck / Patio
- Guests provide their own meals
- Sleeping: 2 bedrooms, master with full size bed and down comforter, 2nd bedroom with bunk beds and flannel comforters. Entertainment: LCD Flat Screen TV, CD, and DVD players. Limited WiFi, Verizon cell service only. Cooking: Full featured kitchen offers microwave, stove, oven, coffee maker, etc. Dining room table can accommodate 8 persons. Your stay at the 'Cabinn of the Falls' includes most everything you could need including a complementary bottle of sparkling cider, munchies and coffee for your morning. Also supplied is firewood for a 2-4 hour fire per day and a small CD selection. Extra firewood,VHS & DVD rentals are available 1 block away at Elkhorn General Store. While cleaning and linen service are provided, guests are required to leave the cabin tidy with any use of the fully stocked kitchen cleaned, or this service can/will be done for you for an additional fee.