Cottage, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 8 Sleeps
* Comfortable cottage on the channel within view of Long Lake which sleeps up to 8. Two bedroom,1 bath with tub and shower, living room and side room
Beautiful front deck to enjoy the Lake and two (2) private docks out front. Only feet from Long Lake and the Chain of Lakes, including a total of 7 Lakes.
Fire pit in back yard.
* Boat rentals are available from Coldwater Lake Marina and Lake Drive Marina
* In the back(just walk across the private road) is a private swimming pond with two (2) water slides and four (4) Beach areas.
* Shady Oaks is a private community with paved roads excellent for roller blades, skate boards and bikes.
* Summer is not the only time to enjoy Lake Life. During the Winter there is snowmobiling, ice fishing and cross country skiing.
About the Owner
I grew up in Toledo, OH in the country and loved the peace and quiet. After I got married and had children my husband, Larry, and I decided we wanted our children to grow up in the country and have the freedom of being able to run and play on the 5 acres where our home was situated. Living in the country away from the hustle and bustle of the city is great. Moving to the Lake was the best move we ever made.
Awesome family vacation. Thank you to Larry and Linda for a great place, great service and location.
Booked a last minute vacation with Linda who was very accommodating. Linda and Larry were both very nice people. Nice location, clean, well kept cottage with all the amenities. Very happy to find a pet friendly place that didn't break the bank. Thanks again!!! Mitch and Bridget Dickert
Nice little place
Booked this last minute with Linda who was very accommodating. Linda and Larry seemed like good people. Cottage was nice with all the amenities. Really enjoyed our stay and was thrilled to find a pretty friendly place that didn't break the bank. Will come again!!
Best Of Times
My husband and I spend 9 wonderful days at the lake cottage. Linda and Larry are the BEST host. They greeted us with smiles and homemade popcorn that they pop fresh every evening. The place was spotless very well kept. My husband and I brought our pontoon and had a blast. We caught blue gill and perch and plenty of them. My husband grilled nighty as I enjoyed sitting on the deck watching the boats come in and out so peaceful. I will return again next June. I think my husband and I have found that special get-away place with great people. Thanks Linda and Larry.
Great Great Vacation Community
Excellent vacation spot! Our family enjoys and looks forward to spending a week there every year. Linda and Larry are excellent people and great to live next to for the week and visit with. The kids love the slides and pond thats right outside your back door. Great relaxing vacation spot with plenty of things to do, from any lake activity to sitting around and visiting with the community and especially Linda and Larry. We have spent a week there the past three years and planning for many more too come. Thanks for a GREAT stay every year!!!
Some friends and I rented for the first time from Linda this past weekend. Our expectations were met and then some. The cottage is beautiful with great access to the Coldwater Chain. They had plenty of dock space for boats. The cottage was very clean and completely prepped for our arrival. What I can't say enough about is how friendly and willing to help the owners were with everything. If you forgot salt they'd lend you some, if you were talking they'd offer you a drink, and even on an unexpected rainy morning they brought over a movie. We will be back for sure.
From the Owner
“We used to come to the lake and visit friends on weekends and fell in love with the area. Everyone is friendly. When the vacant lot came up for sale we made an offer and it was accepted. This was where we were building our retirement home. That was almost 30 years ago. Larry and I have both retired and lived here full time for 20 years now. We have seen our neighbors and friends children grow and today have children of their own. Shady Oaks is a private community with people that like to have fun and enjoy life. Here we have our privacy, yet a short 5-7 miles to town and there are theaters, restaurants and shopping.”
Activity and Interests
Swimming pond with (2) water slides, plus swings at one end of the beach.
The area is known for its family owned Drive-in Theater-Capri Drive-In, Binder Park Zoo - Battlecreek, John Ball Zoo, - Grand Rapids, Air Zoo - Kalamazoo. Shopping close by includes Meijer,WalMart,Younkers,Menards, Kohl's and The Outlet Mall.
Don't want to cook...new restaurant just opened on Coldwater Lake, The Barefoot Bar & Grill. Also close by, Pizza Hut, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Bill's Steak House, Strike Zone and many more.
Beautiful lakes in this area attract people for fishing,boating and swimming. Excellent bass in the Coldwater/Marble Chain and also loads of panfish including bluegill,redear sunfish, crappies and perch. In game fish, we have large mouth bass, small mouth bass and a lot of Northern Pike.
A new casino, Firekeepers, opened in 2009 in Battlecreek, MI. Only 30 min. from Coldwater.
Please be sure to check the calendar for availability.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
* Opened year round for Summer Fun, Fall Fishing and Winter on the Lake.
* Monthly (October - April) $700 plus utilities.
* Check in at 3pm Saturday - Check out 11am following Saturday (Negotiable).
* Weekends - $450(May-September) $300 (October -April)
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“We picked this area because of the awesome views of the lake. Everyday, every season is a new painting of life. I never see the same view twice as it changes continually.”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- live theater
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Everything is included - Just bring your toothbrush! * Cottage is Fully Furnished with: Stove, (2) refrigerators, microwave, coffee maker, cups,plates,silverware, pots and pans,blender,crock pot, toaster, (2) TV's, DVD Player, VCR, linens, blankets, towels, wash cloths. * Outside, on the front deck, is a large picnic table with umbrella that seats 6-8 and chairs on back deck with a gas grill. * WiFi Furnished * Washer and Dryer * Cloths line for wet towels and suits * Fun furnished by you * Two(2) boat docks right out front * Side yard large enough for playing games (corn Hole) * Two futons with extra thick mattresses in the side room.