|Space||1,700 sq. ft.|
Located on upper level of the historic Pier 14 Pilot Station (still operated by the Columbia River Pilots) the Pilot House is an elegantly appointed luxury suite in the heart of Astoria's historic waterfront. Surrounded by water, nearly every room offers a panoramic view of the Columbia River.
The 1700 square foot unit has 3 bedrooms, 3 baths with 4 gas fireplaces. The spacious living room has leather furniture with a queen-size sofa bed. There is a fully equipped gourmet kitchen with a dining room that can seat 10 people. The master bedroom suite has a king size bed, full bathroom with Jacuzzi bathtub and shower with a private deck off to the river.
The Pilot House has the warmth and feel of a home with high-end features of a four-star hotel. The building was restored in 2005 and is listed on the National Historic Register of Historic places. Inside you will find museum quality maritime artifacts throughout.
Astoria is the perfect getaway for any interest... history, outdoor adventure, or maritime activity. The Pilot House is within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and many local attractions. Both the 5-mile river walk and trolley line run right outside the door.
This is one of the best places that my family has stayed and was such a wonderful surprise. It's even better than the pictures show. We were only able to stay one night during this trip but will definitely be back. The view is amazing and we enjoyed watching the harbor seals play around in front of the Pilot House for hours.
Just incredible! Everything very perfect. Sparkling clean. Great management. Our recommendation is "do it!" You will be amazed!
1. The Pilot House itself. Incredible! Everything needed for 8 folks. Highest quality everywhere; from the kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, just everything. Very first class. And sparkling clean!
2. The views. Amazing. From the many windows. Sit there gazing and just imagine the amount of commerce that's moving right before your eyes. And the complexity of the work for the Columbia Bar and River pilots who safely guide these vessels.
3. The town. Very interesting. Walkable. Much history. Be sure to walk a couple blocks to Columbia River Maritime Museum.
4. Recommendation. Download the app "Marine Traffic". 5 bucks. You will then know much more about vessels that you are watching right before your eyes.
This property is incredible. The views are breathtaking, the location is walkable to all the restaurants, bars, and shops in downtown Astoria, and the interior is well-done with comfortable beds, three spa-like bathrooms, and a great open family/dining/kitchen area. Truly, none of us wanted to leave when our weekend stay was over. Can't say enough good things about this place!
If you want stunning views of the Columbia River, look no further. Would stay again and again.
This place is top notch! Stunning condo, stunning views, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We wanted for nothing. There is a small co-op just up the street to walk to for wonderful veggies and gourmet ingredients. The perfect stay!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Couple's rate (two people using one bedroom):
Holiday and Special Events - 2 night minimum.