House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
Beautiful, open mountain cottage near Big Boulder, Jack Frost and
Lake Harmony (motor boating) Lake. Easy Walking distance to bars,
restaurants, private beach and recreation areas. House is lovingly
maintained with plenty of parking and a HOT TUB, 3 Bedrooms + Loft. 1 King bed, 1 Queen Bed in the 2 downstairs bedrooms. Upstairs BR has , 2 twins, a full bed and a queen bed. Additionally there is a pull out couch and a trundle bed (in the loft). Cable TV, High-Speed Internet, Phone service with local/LD included. Come visit this home, and let it be your haven for relaxation, or a launching pad to experience all the Poconos have to offer.
About the Owner
(3 traveler reviews)
the right decision!
We rented this house for thanksgiving, as we do every year... The owner go out of their way to make sure that our stay is comfortable and easy. And you are in the middle of everything, with the beach a few minutes walk and a view of big boulder mountain from the backyard. The house has free WiFi, bikes if you need them, an ample deck with grill and provided propane, an outdoor hot tub, many conveinences, condiments, etc. already there, so you don't have to pack it.... Too many places make you bring everything, right down to your own salt and pepper. With plenty of parking, and a circular driveway, it also meant that nobody ever had to get up and move their car, just because another person wanted to run out. We love this house, and will continue to come back every year.
Activity and Interests
We are very near the split rock resort... in fact, you may drive thru it while coming to our house. Most of the outdoor amenities at the resort are open for use, such as the miniature golf, boat rentals, and the volleyball courts. There are nominal fees associated with each.
Additionally the Galleria (At split rock) has a bowling alley, a movie theater, game rooms, etc. This is all open for you to use, just pay as you go. There is also a spa in the Galleria that offers massage/treatments/etc... Their phone number is 570-722-3260.
We also have a beach that is part of our association, at the end of wood street & lake drive. We have 10 badges in the house you can use for access to the beach.
There are restaurants in split rock (i.e Bel'Lago, Bench Warmers, Galleria Restaurant) but we generally stay on the 'Lake Harmony Side' of the lake. All of the places you'll find up there are reasonable, but we generally do Breakfast at the Terra Cottage Cafe, lunch at home or at the beach (order your hoagies and sanwiches from the country peddler), and dinner at Nick's Lake House (out on the patio looking over the lake) or at Louie's Prime (make a reservation) which is an upscale steakhouse that challenges the Capital Grille. Shenanigan's also has a good menu, and surprisingly good food - the chef there does a great job!
Of course there are many other places - Piggy's (breakfast / lunch), Shenanigan's has karaoke at night, does a decent burger for lunch, and also has a dance club attached for the real late night crowd.
Other activities for fun:
1) Walk out the back of our house, straight thru the back of the cul-de-sac, and through the back neighbor’s yard (please be respectful)... there is a huge boulder field behind the house, left from a glacier that moved through the area in the last ice age. This is pretty incredible.
2) Hickory Run State Park (near Valerio’s Pizza) has great day hikes, nature center, etc
3) There are lots of companies that offer horseback rides, whitewater rafting tours, etc. We leave some pamphlets in the kitchen to get you started...
4) The Pocono raceway is nearby (south on 115 past woody's) and offers opportunities to ride and drive race cars, but you ~definitely~ need to schedule that head of time... call (877) 786 2522.
5) There are outlets in Tannersville off I-80 (not far from camel beach).
6) There is an indoor-outdoor flea market in the center of Blakeslee (intersection of 940 and 115) that you may find some interesting items. The flea market is on weekends only.
We hope this gets you started and that you & your family have a fantastic stay in the poconos, wherever you may go.
Eric & Jen Hall
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly Rate: $750 - $900
Rates listed are for summer(su) winter(wi) and spring/fall(s/f)
Weekend(Fri,Sat,Sun) $700(su) $800(wi) $650(s/f)
Week (Fri - Fri) $800(su) $900(wi) $750(s/f)
Monthly (varies) $2200(su) $2500(wi) $2000(s/f)
Cleaning Fees, Security Depost Extra. Extra days @ $50 ea.
Holiday weeks subject to special rates... please email.
For special needs, please email and we will attempt to accomodate
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- mountain biking
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Guests provide their own meals
- Skiing Power-Boating Lake Hot Tub Cable TV High-Speed Internet Phone with Local/LD included Washer / Dryer Wood-Burning Fireplace Picturesqe Setting with beautiful views Easy Walk to Restaurants / Bars Access to Private Beach nearby Air conditioning indoor water park within walking distance