Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 12+
1657 Manitou Lane
A spacious 2-story cottage that has been completely remodeled. Located in beautiful Yankee Springs Township on Barlow Lake, a private lake 30 minutes South of Grand Rapids and 20 minutes North of Kalamazoo.
Barlow Lake is a quiet, spring-fed, 275 acre lake that is perfect for fishing and all water sports. The lake is labeled as the second cleanest lake in the lower peninsula. Sandy beaches and a sandy lake bottom make this cottage an enjoyable place to spend time with the kids or grand kids. This cottage sleeps 6-12 comfortably and is conveniently set up for families with young children.
Enjoy a peaceful, quiet week of fishing or canoeing with one of our boats, and lounging on the shore. This lake is great for all sports and less crowded than any of the public lakes in the area. Located on a quiet road, with a 2-stall garage, this cottage is perfect for the family that wants to spend a week on the water, or for the couple that desires a week away from the bustle of the city.
Exceeded Our Expectations
Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return.
About the Owner
5 based on 5 traveler reviews
Exceeded Our Expectations
We had a family vacation planned for June 13-June 20 and had family come in from North Carolina and Nebraska. The cabin was way nicer than the description and pictures. We had 6 children ranging in age from 2 - 16 and 6 adults. There was more than enough room for all of us. Everyone said all week that this was the perfect place and talked about re-booking this place for next year. The upstairs has 2 bedrooms. Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and two separate twin beds. Bedroom 2 has 1 queen bed and a twin day bed with a twin trundle underneath. Both of the bedrooms are very large. The bedroom downstairs has 1 queen bed with enough floor space to set up a queen air mattress as well. The kitchen was stocked with everything you would need except a crock pot. We went to the local grocery store (about 5-7 min away) and bought our groceries for the week. The lake is very clear (probably 6-8 feet of clarity). The water is about 2-4" deep at the sea wall and probably 6 ft deep at the end of the dock. The kayaks are worth the extra money and were a favorite for all ages on our trip. Your Rental does come with a canoe and paddle boat, both are nice as well. We rented the pontoon to go fishing and explore the lake. Do not plan on tubing, skiing, or wake boarding behind it as it only has a 35hp motor. The owners were very easy to work with. We will probably rent this cabin again in the next few years! Great Place
Wonderful Lake Getaway
The cottage was a wonderful getaway for my wife and I and another couple. The pictures of this cottage are very accurate. It was very clean and had everything that we needed during our stay. This cottage is at one of the best locations on Barow Lake. Great place to stay and the owners of the cottage were wonderful to work with.
Perfect Lake Vacation
My husband and I, along with my son and his family , found this to be the ideal vacation setting. The cottage is beautifully remodeled, very spacious and comfortable. My two year old grandson could stand up in the shallow water, but the gradual increase in depth allowed plenty of swimming space for his older brothers. The cottage owner promptly attended to any question or concern we had; which was not many, since this turned out to be the perfect lake vacation for us!
Some friends and i rented this cottage for a ice fishing weekend we were very surprised at how large the cottage is very well equipped ten steps and you are at the lake very nice would highly recommend.
Great location - nice lake
My husband and I rented this cottage for 2 weeks. We had some friends visit a couple days and grandkids over the holiday weekend. The place was very clean and there was plenty to do. The neighbors were extremely friendly and the owners were very helpful. We had a problem with the starter on the pontoon but the owners took care of that right away and we had no more problems with it.
This is a wonderful location for us, for we live in Lansing and the drive was very short.
The only drawback was there is no phone service at the cottage. I was not able to get cell service so I had to go up on the hill about 1/4 mile to get messages or make calls.
Activity and Interests
Barlow Lake is a private All-Sports lake located in the heart of Yankee Springs, adjacent to the more popular Gun Lake. It is great for fishing, jet skiing, wakeboarding and more.
Historic Bowen Mills, a fully functional 1800's mill that produces apple cider, is located on the East shore of lake. Hiking trails, horseback riding, and golf courses are all within a few miles of the lake. Fine and Casual dining are all close by. Car lovers will also enjoy the
Gilmor Car Museum located a short drive away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 2016 - Sep 3 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Monthly Rate: $2200 - $6000
Please check our availability calendar
Summer weekly rates for 2015:
Additional charges apply for:
* large groups ($20 per adult / $10 per child) 6 each allowed for rental
* use of bed linens($60)
* Pontoon boat ($300)
* Kayaks ($100)
Summer rentals are for full weeks only Saturday to Saturday.
10% will be due upon booking and the remainder due 2-3 weeks prior to rental date. Rates are subject to change until booking payment is received and confirmed.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Lake View
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Downstairs bathroom with tile shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, Very large shower with bench, large tub and long counter.
- All new and updated with stone and ceramic tile throughout. Large showers in both bathrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Large room with full dresser and closet
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, Upstairs bedroom overlooking the lake. Has twin trundle bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Large bedroom with moveable full-size bed
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Air conditioned! Large, fully equipped and functional kitchen with new appliances: - dishwasher - microwave - gas stove /oven - large refrigerator. All utensils, appliances and furniture provided in the cottage. Pontoon Boat available to rent for only $280 for the entire week! Kayaks also available to rent for only $100 / pair! 65' dock Fiberglass canoe Paddle boat Sandy lake bottom and new sea wall with 4' wide concrete top great for lounging lake-side High efficiency Washer and Dryer - Use HE detergent only!! Spacious and comfortable Living Room that overlooks the lake with - Gas fireplace - Digital TV with a DVD/VCR 3 bedrooms - 2 upstairs and 1 downstairs equipped with 3 queen beds, 4 twin beds, 1 portable crib, and a full mattress (floor). 2 Full bathrooms, completely remodeled, one on each floor. The upper bathroom has a large shower with a sitting shelf as well as a jacuzzi tub. The lower bathroom has a spacious shower. Large Dining area 500 sq. ft. deck off the entire back of the cottage with - Deck furniture - Weber gas grill Large 2-stall garage and parking for 2 additional vehicles