Staying here amplifies the feeling of Anna Maria Island with that old Florida feel. Instant relaxation in a quiet neighborhood yet near most everything. There are several [ok so I like bikes and actually there are 9] that you can lazily bike through the neighborhood in the AM or evenings to take in all the local flavor. There are things in the unit that could be more high-end or updated or there are units closer to the beach. But everything is clean and functional. And I'm pretty sure you can''t beat it at this price range.
1. The Gulf beach access is 3 blocks and no busy street to cross.
2. Located in the middle of the block on a quiet street with very little traffic.
3. Free fast wifi and Washer and Dryer at no charge. Ironing board and iron. Hair dryer also.
4. Provided bikes are a ladies step through style because they are easier to pedal and easier on and off. Almost all have baskets. There are 8 bikes and they are looked after by Rick's bike repair located 2 blocks away.
5. There is central air and installed in 2012. In January 2016 new ducts and new attic insulation.
6. New refrigerator 2016 with automatic ice maker in the freezer.
7. The BBQ is a charcoal type and I do not supply coals.
8. The kitchen has been updated with white cabinets in early 2000's and is fully stocked with cooking utensils and almost always salt, pepper, sugar, flour, and many other spices. Also all linens, towels and so on. Bring your own toothbrush.
9. A beach wagon to haul your stuff is provided. Umbrella, beach chairs, and beach toys too.
10. House landline phone provided for local calls and free long distance to North America and Territories. Canadians like this idea a lot.
11. King mattress was replaced in January 2013 and is rotated faithfully. Never heard a complaint about this one. The twin mattresses are extra long pillow type. No complaints from guests. They are not firm enough for me personally. The sleeper sofa is a Crate and Barrel and in excellent condition and seldom used. Maximum 5 people.
12. The closest restaurant, Beach Bistro, is 4 blocks and fine dining it is.
13. 7 blocks to Island Shopping Center [think 1960] with restaurants, clothing stores, hardware store, art gallery and more.
14. Holmes Beach public library is 5 blocks away. Sweet library!
15. In the place there is a 3 ring binder of things to do and places to go.
16. No stairs here as an easy living ground level place.
17. TV is a 42" flat thin screen hooked up to cable with 100's of channels, extra channels: Discovery, Disney, Life, some NFL to name a few.
18. 2 bedrooms and 1 Bath with tub with shower with 2 grab bars.
19. No pets and no smoking. A number of people verify no pets as they have allergies and, yes, no pets.
20. The cleaner has been cleaning for over 2 years and does nice work. Lives off island just a bit.
21.The patio is covered and has a table with chairs.
22. Outdoor shower when home from the beach.
23. I supply the soaps, paper goods, dish sponges and garbage bags.
24. A free trolley has a stop 1 block away to go north and a stop to go south is 3 blocks at the beach access. 6am-10pm and runs at 20 minute intervals.
25. Parking space for two cars.
26. Backyard is a nice size.
We take a personal interest in the day-to-day care of the place and am available by phone/text/email to ensure that everything is as it should be for the guests, and I deal with local contractors who are aware of my standards and with whom I have a longstanding relationship. The home has all the comforts of home due to the fact my wife and I stay here frequently. Our goal has been repeat guests coming back again and again.. we really want you to have a pleasant stay so you want to come back. Is it perfect? No way! But it is clean, tidy, well groomed and it just works. This year the winter guest is coming back for the 8th year in a row in 2018. For 2017 Germans are coming back for the 6th time in August. Returning stateside guests in 2017 for April, May, June, July, August, October and November and 2017. My goal has been to never advertise again because all guests are repeats. Making progress but not there yet. So, please, ask me questions as you decide on a place to vacation. Thanks for your time!
If you go to the Amenities button [see the buttons beneath the photos] and scroll down to 'Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website' and click on the Slide Show link for more photos. This only works on the vacationrentals site to my knowledge.
I have found that people arrive and unload luggage and head to the beach. The busiest street on the island in this spot is Marina Drive and you do NOT cross it on the way to the beach. The access is a three block stroll or easy bike ride (I held the video camera as I rode a bike to the beach and it is a 2 minute 14 second ride to the beach) - part sidewalk and street as in a neighborhood of homes and you will be as amazed as my wife and I are at how few people live here. Take a walk at night and it is perfectly quiet! And the property is located in the middle of the street not on a busy corner or street.
And 62nd street does not go through directly to the beach and I have come to value that big time as it cuts down on the car traffic and foot traffic making for a quieter street!
Thank you for your time.