House, 4 Bedrooms, 4.5 Baths, 9 Sleeps
Beautiful Villa in Cuernavaca - This lovely 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bathroom house is within minutes from public transportation and walking distance from supermarkets and stores.
The home is in a gated street with a security guard.
The home was built in the 70s, but was recently renovated. It is all setup in one story, so it is ideal for seniors and families alike.
The home is decorated in a traditional Mexican style and there is beautiful original artwork throughout the property.
This is a private, single-home estate. You won't need to share the wonderful pool/jacuzzi or the extensive back yard with other homes.
This is a unique house built in one level, so it is great for seniors and families alike. All bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom. The house is built on 2,000 square meters of flat land, so the gardens and outdoor spaces are extensive and beautifully manicured including a lot of beautiful local plants and fruit trees.
The house is wonderfully located closed to public transportation and grocery stores. It is 5-10 minutes from the main highway, but tucked away in a very calm part of town.
There is a separate bungalow in the back of the house were the housekeepers live. She helps with the cleaning and he does the gardening. They will not bother you during your stay and will be of help if you need anything.
The neighborhood is largely residential, however a few schools are nearby.
The house has 2 covered parking spaces and in the back there is also an opportunity to have cars parked in the back yard if needed.
The cleaning person could be hired for preparing meals if desired.
Note: No parties larger than the max amount of people listed in the house details are allowed on the premises.
About the Owner
1 traveler review
While visiting family in Mexico City, we decided to escape the traffic of the city and rented the Colonial House in Cuernavaca. You're never sure what to expect when renting a property on-line but the house delivered everything we needed for a relaxing week. The house itself is clean, spacious and comfortably slept 10 people (each of the 4 bedrooms had its own bathroom which is a great bonus). The pool/hot tub and ping-pong table provided hours of entertainment. The owner, Teresita and the on-site caretakers, Donia and her husband were very friendly and responsive to all our questions and requests. The location is gated with a security guard and is very convenient to restaurants, grocery stores and malls as well as touristy sites like the Animal Safari and Mayan ruins. I would highly recommend this house for rental.
Activity and Interests
Cuernavaca is about 1 hour south of Mexico City and was
nicknamed "the city of the eternal spring" for its ideal weather.
Cuernavaca was once home for Hernan Cortez, the conquistador of
Mexico. Cortez%u2019 Palace can still be visited. It is now called the
Cuauhnahuac Museum. The Museum houses a great collection of pre-
Columbian art and wonderful Diego Rivera murals.
There are other wonderful places to visit in or near Cuernavaca.
In downtown Cuernavaca it is worth visiting the Central Plaza (or
Zocalo); the Jardin Borda built for Maximiliano (once the emperor of
Mexico) and Carlota, his wife; and the newly-opened Frida Kahlo
museum (yes, with original Frida paintings). There are also
fantastic art crafts stores and markets.
Outside of Cuernavaca you can visit sites like Taxco, famous for its
abundant silver, Tepoztlan (a beautiful, colonial town, great for
its minerals) and Xochicalco (great archeological site), to name a
Cuernavaca is also home of great restaurants and shopping centers.
Inquire if you need recommendations.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Xmas & New Year
Dec 16 2016 - Jan 8 2017
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Low Season March through November (not including Easter week)
$ 250 USD per night (minimum of 3 nights)
$1,100 USD per week
$3,500 USD per month
High Season: December through February and Easter week
$ 320 USD per night (minimum of 3 nights)
$1,500 USD per week
$4,500 USD per month
50% down is due upon reservation. Full payment required one week in
advance of arrival.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation can be made up to 2 months prior
to arrival (written cancellation is required for a full refund). No
refunds are made 2 months prior to arrival.
The renter will be responsible for any extra expenses that result
during his stay (phone calls, damages, etc…).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- The house was built in half an acre of land, so it has an extensive, beautifully manicured back yard with fruit trees. The house has a newly-built beautiful and ecological sun-heated pool and Jacuzzi and a ping pong table. The house has a large terrace that overlooks the back yard and the pool/Jacuzzi and a newly build grill/bar close to the terrace, ideal for grilling and entertaining. The kitchen is well equipped. The inside dining room (there is a dining area in the terrace as well) can sit up to 8 people. The living room has plenty of space for relaxing or watching movies with the family. There is a large screen TV with cable in the living room. There is an interior courtyard with a fountain with fish and turtles. All of the bedrooms have outdoor windows (either to the extensive back yard or to the interior courtyard). All the bedrooms have their own bathrooms. The home has a covered garage for 2 cars. Wireless internet is also available. The price includes daily hotel style maid service (basic cleaning and change of towels and sheets 2 times per week) and pool/yard service as needed. Cooking service can be arranged for an additional daily fee. Utilities (gas, water, electricity, local phone service) are included. Accommodations: Bedroom 1 - 1 king size bed and 1 full size bed - Walking closet, bathroom with double sink. Bedroom 2 - two full size beds, closet, bathroom Bedroom 3 - queen bed, closet, bathroom Bedroom 4 - two full size beds, closet, bathroom, sofa