Multi-Family Retreat House, 4 Masters w/ en suite, Sleeps 14 adults + add'l kids
1.5 blocks to beach (house is on ocean-side of Rt. 1), 4 blocks to main street, 2 blocks to boardwalk. Master suite on ground level with sitting room and private entrance + Grand Master suite at the rear of the house with private entrance and sun deck ensures plenty of space for all. Upscale furnishings, 4 zone HVAC ensures comfort for all
FRIDAY EVENING TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON RENTAL (avoid the crazy weekend traffic!), weekly rentals only in season! We provide Beach Butler Service, bring only your towel, four chairs and an umbrella set up for you on the beach, Stroll home from the beach, the Beach Butler takes care of the chairs (Beach Butler available during high season only).
See listing for specials!
(Bedroom 1) Grand Master suite away from the crowd with private deck, en suite bath (Bedroom 2) New Two-Room Master suite on its own floor with king bed and full in-suite bath; (Bedroom 3) Third Master bedroom with queen bed and full en-suite bath; (Bedroom 4) two twin beds; and (Bedroom 5) full bed, both served by full hall bath; (Bedroom 6) Master bedroom suite on third floor with one king bed and two twins (trundled) served by full en-suite bath.
$5690 per week high season + 6% town tax
($200 cleaning fee for rentals of less than 7 days off season)
Min-y-Mor, which means 'Edge of the Sea' in Welsh, is located in the Town of Bethany Beach, 1.5 blocks from the beach and 4 blocks from the town's local shops.
With six bedrooms (including a four master suites), five full baths and privacy for all family members, Min-y-Mor is perfect for a large family or two-family vacation. The main (2nd) floor includes a living room with seating for nine, a dining area and a kitchen. The sun room, with skylights, is located just off the dining/living area; it has seating for five plus an eating/game table which seats four. Ten foot high glass doors between the family room/dining area and sun room may be left open, or closed to provide a quiet refuge. The sun room also has a TV/DVD, where Dad can enjoy sports events or a book, or children can enjoy cartoons while adults watch TV or videos in the living room. A third TV/DVD is located in the ground-level master suite sitting room. Up the spiral stairway to the third floor is a reading nook (off the bedroom area) with three wicker chairs, which overlook the living room below. A video and book library near the reading nook has something to hold the interest of adults and children alike. Children also enjoy the reading nook as their personal site to observe activities in the living room below.
The ground level master suite with king bed is the epitome of privacy, with a separate sitting room, a bath and your choice of private entrance or entrance from the main floor. The grand master suite, with its own private deck and entrance, is located at the rear of the house, and can be closed off for complete privacy
The main floor has the following bedrooms: master suite, with queen bed and private bath; twin beds in one room and a full bed in the other room, served by a full hall bath. The large third floor suite has a king-sized bed and two single beds (trundled) with private bath.
Baths are 'senior friendly' with grab bars and comfort-height toilets in three master bathrooms.
Great Bethany Location
About the Owner
Min-y-Mor has been oufitted as a family beach house so that when vacationing in Bethany Beach, your family will be as comfortable as our family is when we are together. The house was enlarged and modernized in 2005 to make room for our 7 grandchildren. We have been vacationing in Bethany Beach for more than 30 years. Our daughter, Kathleen, assists us with the rentals!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a lovely stay - - a very welcoming, comfortable home for the week! Many thanks. The G Family
2 traveler reviews
Great Bethany Location
The house is excellent, but the location is great. I only had to use my car to go pick up crabs. I biked to the beach( the bike rack sometimes got very crowded) and either biked or walked to downtown Bethany. I was even able to bike to get donuts ( too bad the bakery in Bethany is closed). I really appreciated the complimentary beach chairs and umbrella - that made biking to the beach possible. I do wish that the check out times were clearer - they are different on the contract and the notice at the house.
Close to beach, comfortable, great service
This is the second summer that our sons and we have stayed at Min-y-Mor and we love it. Close to the beach, Min-y-Mor also makes umbrella and chair service on the beach very easy (and that's a real plus!). Restaurants in Bethany and Rehoboth are also easily accessible, as are Fenwick Island State Park and the Assawoman Bay Wildlife Area. We went kayaking this year, and highly recommend that guests take one of the Coastal Kayaking tours. We did the sunset tour on Assawoman Bay, and it was splendid. For restaurants, we highly recommend Bluecoast Seafood Grill and Matt's Fish Camp. Also, on the way out of town, we stopped at Off the Hook (conveniently located on Rte 26 or Garfield Pkwy), and it was likewise splendid. These restaurants are all owned by the same people (I think), but they each have a unique character. In Rehoboth, we love Blue Moon, and since it was one of our son's birthday, we had a family celebration there. For that restaurant, you need reservations. The others don't take reservations but any wait you have can be pleasurable. At Bluecoast we enjoyed cocktails and oysters while we waited. There's a Harris Teeter within 10 min. of the house, so that's also lovely.
As far as the house goes, the description is accurate and you can congregate and also spend isolated time, which is good. The property was clean and well-maintained, and has a working grill.
And the owner promptly responds to inquiries. We found the move in and move out easy, the internet connection reliable.
From the Owner
“We chose to purchase a home in Bethany Beach because it was a small family-friendly town where we felt safe letting our teenagers roam. Although the years have passed, Bethany has retained the same small-town aura. In the early 1900s Bethany Beach was a Christian Camp and many of the family values are still reflected today (no smoking or drinking on the beach, no wild dance clubs in town, etc.). The Town of Bethany has restricted parking for non-residents (staying at Min-y-Mor, you are a town resident), which makes the beaches less crowded than other beach areas. We love the fact that we can walk to town as a family, have an ice cream, bring the kids to the playground and then enjoy the music at the town bandstand. With the busier and more crowded resorts of Ocean City (10 miles south) and Rehoboth (10 miles north), the action is still close.”
Activity and Interests
An early morning bike ride along the Town boardwalk to pick up donuts and a newspaper is the perfect start to a great day for those who rise early.
Parents with children will enjoy the modern, well-equipped playground (about four blocks walking distance from the house to the center of town) suitable for toddlers and elementary school children. Adjacent to the playground is a full-sized basketball court and sandy volleyball area, where teens and young adults can find 'pick-up games' with others. Older children can safely walk to town by themselves for ice cream or boardwalk fries, or test their skills with a round of mini-golf or arcade games.
Two blocks away is a public library, with lending privileges for vacationers, frequent children's activities and a wide variety of books and videos which may be borrowed by the week. The favorite late morning and afternoon activity in Bethany Beach is lounging on the beach next to the ocean, with cool breezes and surf perfect for swimming or boogie-boarding. The beaches at the end of the street (1.5 blocks from the house) are guarded and surf fishing is permitted during early morning hours or in the evening. After dinner families often stroll together into the Town of Bethany for ice cream and nightly musical entertainment at the Bethany town boardwalk pavillion.
Bethany Beach is known as a quiet family town which 'rolls up the sidewalk' before midnight; but outlet shopping malls, night spots, kayak rentals and bay tours, amusement parks and long commercialized boardwalks can be found a short drive north to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, or south to Ocean City, Maryland.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Just Before Summer
May 19 2017 - Jun 8 2017
4 night minimum stay
Jun 9 2017 - Jun 22 2017
4 night minimum stay
High Summer Season 2017
Jun 23 2017 - Aug 17 2017
7 night minimum stay
Late Summer 2017
Aug 18 2017 - Sep 1 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
**FRIDAY TO FRIDAY RENTAL IN HIGH SEASON 6:00 p.m. check-in, 1:00 p.m. check-out**
Rates include parking for 6 cars.
!!!Family rentals only, no pets!!!
For off season rentals of less than 7 days, a $200 cleaning fee is charged
$300 Security Deposit for all rentals
Our property is family owned and we do not accept credit cards
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Four master suites allow adults to be comfortable. Kids enjoy their own spaces and can bond with the family or get away and play. The home is large, and our lower listed occupancy is consistent with our belief in giving families lots of room to relax and enjoy the beach and house, rather than packing people into bedrooms. We really love the back deck with grill, which allows the family gather together, share the cooking on the grill and creates easy clean up for mom.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Garage ...
- Iron & Board
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Beach View
- water parks
- outlet shopping
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, In grand master suite
- Bathroom 5 - shower, Outdoor shower, private, near ground entrance
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Ground level suite bath
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, In master bath
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, shower, Bathroom in third floor suite
- Bathroom 6 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Hall kids' bath
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Grand Master, high ceiling, private deck/entrance, full bath
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king, Ground-level master, sitting room, full bath, private entr.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, Master bedroom with private bath
- Bedroom 4 - 2 double, Perfect for kids
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double, Perfect for a teen or two small kids
- Bedroom 6 - 1 king, Third floor private master with full bath
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- **Wireless internet connection!** With three separate decks, all members of the family can find the perfect place to relax. On the main level is an outdoor deck with seating for four or more. A large ground-level deck, tucked behind the house and among the shade trees, provides a private refuge, with a grill, table seating for twelve and a lounge chair. On the rear second level is a small, hidden sun deck with lounge chair, allowing Mom to escape with a good book, enjoy a quiet tanning session or nap in peace. Amenities at Min-y-Mor abound. Enjoy the luxury of wandering to the beach with only a towel in your hand: four beach chairs and an umbrella will be set up for you on the beach and removed for you at the end of the day by our 'beach butler' (this service may not be available on weekdays in late August, depending upon college-aged staffing). Six more chairs and an additional umbrella are available at the house, as well as two adult bikes, two children's bikes, a tyke-bike, a baby pool for the beach or deck, a boogie board, and a variety of sand toys. A box of children's toys, a child booster seat, and a bed rail for a twin bed (suitable for a youngster recently out of the crib), are also provided for the comfort of your family. For the unexpected rainy day, there is a binder in the living room with information about dozens of interesting family travel destinations, that extend from from Lewes, Delaware to nearby Southern Maryland and coastal Virginia. Included are representative menus from many regional restaurants. The kitchen has local cookbooks, and a full pantry of staples and spices for those who choose to 'cook-in.' Relax in the evening with 3 TV/DVD's and a video library, or challenge your family to a game of Monopoly, Scrabble, or Trivial Pursuit, and for the younger set, Candyland. Also available is a poker set with cards, chips and a felt game board which may be placed over an indoor or outdoor table. On the ground level, under the house, is an outdoor shower, drying line, and a large, shaded cement parking pad for two cars, which can also serve as a play area for youngsters on sunny or rainy days. Off street parking is provided for five cars and we provide a parking pass for a sixth car