Townhome, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, Sleeps 6
Dick & Judy Koch
About Dick & Judy Koch
We have owned our home at Sea Dunes since 1990. We rent only during the Spring and Summer months, May thru September. Other times of the year we enjoy our home with friends and family. We rent our home through Vrbo because it allows us to have direct contact with our guests. It allows us to also have our own dedicated cleaner and maintenance support. Having travelled in many parts of the US and rented homes, we know that a well kept home with everything clean and in good repair is important to our guests.
Dick & Judy Koch purchased this Townhome in 1990
Why Dick & Judy Koch chose Kitty Hawk
The Sea Dunes community offers many amenities at an affordable price including a well equipped clubhouse, close proximity to the life guarded beach, and several restaurants within walking distance. You will find our home clean and up to date with a well stocked kitchen. Our photos on this website are always current.
Pool / Spa
Max guests: 6
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great place. Great location with beach access close by.
Enjoyed our stay. Would recommend.
everything you need
condo was excellent clean and new plus all the extras you need supplied for you
Roaches and Other Concerns
Although this property is walking distance to the beach and is renovated, there are three key concerns worth noting about this property:
1. Roach Infested - this property has a serious cockroach problem. During our stay, we saw large cockroaches on every level of the townhome almost daily, including in the kitchen, the living area, the bedrooms, and the garage. When we spoke to owner about this, he was untruthfully and first stated that there were no roaches in the home. After explaining the numerous roaches we had seen, he admitted that they have had roaches.
2. No Linens/Towels/Etc provided - The owners provide no bed linens, bathing or kitchen towels, paper towels, toilet paper, dishwashing or handwashing soap, etc. All of that must be brought with you. Although the owners state that this is clear in the listing, it is quite hidden. Indeed, it's only a "p.s." in their welcome letter, which we did not notice.
3. Security Deposit Unnecessarily Withheld - During our stay, there was a severe thunderstorm that caused massive flooding at the townhome community. There was at least 12 inches of standing water blocking access to entries to the community and the townhome. (Indeed, the storm was so bad that a person was struck by lightning on Friday, August 23, 2019 on the beach right outside the property. The lightning strike was reported on the local news on that date). The owners requested that trash be removed from the home upon departure. We removed all of the trash from the home and placed it in the garage because the access to the dumpsters was blocked by approximately 12 inches of standing water. The owners withheld a portion of our security deposit for failing to remove trash. When we called to explain the reason that we left the trash in the garage, but had removed it from the living areas of the home, the owner refused to return our full security deposit. It is inappropriate to withhold a security deposit for an act of nature.
We are a consistent 5 star home as evidenced by our reviews before and after this guest.
1. Homes near the ocean can be susceptible to bugs (more often water bugs, not roaches) if not treated properly. Our home is treated on a regular basis. Guest did not mention a bug problem until after being told that a portion of their security deposit would be withheld for trash removal which is suspicious. None of our other guests have reported a bug problem. If guest had notified us of a problem, we would have had our pest control company return immediately.
2. Outer Banks homes traditionally rent without linens or towels. Most guests prefer to bring their own. Our website clearly states that "Linens and towels are not provided". We provide the names of companies on the Outer Banks where they can be rented and delivered to our home. We also provide a reminder of this in the welcome letter we send to our guests 2 weeks before their arrival.
3. There are multiple locations on the property with dumpsters for trash. Our property management company confirmed that not all locations were flooded. Guest was notified by our cleaning service that there would a charge if they did not remove the trash. Guest concurred. The amount charged to our guest was paid to the cleaning service.
couldn't ask for anything else with this property. Everything was just perfect.
We had a wonderful week at Sea Dunes. Great food within walking distance. Would be nice if pool opened earlier than 10 am .
Great beach vacation spot!
We had such a great stay at this beach house and hope to come back next year! The house was well appointed and the decor was very nice with renovated bathrooms and kitchen. Location to Kitty Hawk and other OBX attractions was so convenient. The hosts were great and were very responsive and in touch prior to our stay and provided a great recommendation list for restaurants and things to do during our stay. Can't recommend this house enough!
Enjoy eleven area golf courses, miniature golf, go karts,
surf/pier/charter fishing, kayaking, windsurfing, and parasailing.
Go shopping at Prime Outlet Mall or numerous gift, craft and
souvenir shops. Tour the Wright Brothers Memorial, climb the sand
dunes at Jockey's Ridge State Park, visit the four area lighthouses,
drive to Hatteras and take the free ferry to Ocracoke Island. Go
four wheeling on the beach in designated areas. Learn the story of
the first Virginia colonists and their mysterious disappearance in
the outdoor drama, The Lost Colony. Enjoy a variety of restaurants,
several within walking distance.