House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 8 Sleeps
About Tracy Savell
My brother and I have owned and managed rental properties for more than 30 years. Our rentals are treated as homes. We welcome you to our property and hope you enjoy everything it has to offer.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Awesome Location with easy river access - Needs new beds
Stay - June 22nd - June 25th
This location is great for easy river access. It is located right at the entrance to one of the natural "tube chutes". When the water is low, as it was this year, you can walk out into the middle of the river and just sit in your chair with your friends and coolers with the cold water going by.
- The House has 3 bedrooms (1 queen, 1 queen, 1 Futon Bunk (sleeps 2), 1 Futon Full pullout in living room. (HOUSE SLEEPS 8)
- The queen beds are clean but GARBAGE, I literally think they were the cheapest mattress's ever made. I wasn't expecting sleep number by any means but good lord were these bad.
- The non-refundable cleaning deposit is a pure joke. When we arrived the air vents where black with dust and the floors were so dirty in just 5 min. walking around bare foot the bottom of your feet were black. If there is a cleaning person or management company that is supposed to come clean they should be fired.
- The kitchen counters were clean and the fridge was clean and worked.
- There is no WyFy
- This located has private parking
- AC is cold and works great.
- Cooking utensils in kitchen could use some upgrades (more pots and pans)
- Affordable when split 8 ways
- Great location with easy river access
- Overall nice well maintained house (nothing was broken)
- High deck perfect for people watching
- No trash laying around (usually expected with party animals that come into town)
- Working Grill charcoal grill on lower deck
- Floors and vents were filthy. ($100 non-refundable cleaning deposit is joke)
- Queen beds are horrendous (For cost of rent I would expect more)
- No WyFy
The location and cost (cost I am assuming is based on date) trump the shortfall in cleanliness and beds. I would stay here again if the owner takes note that this is honest feedback and not just complaints. I do understand that with so many college students that probably come through and completely trash some of these places that keeping nice"er" furniture in the house is not fiscally responsible, but I think this location can stand for a few upgrades. Our group really enjoyed ourselves and had a good time.
Great Memorial Weekend
Great location we had a blast just hanging out on the deck
Perfect spot on the river
We had a great weekend at River Retreat on the Chute. These homes have a beautiful view of the river. Also a fun spot before one of the dams, we laughed and had a good time just watching the people float by. This location has several choices to sit and enjoy the scenic view, the two level porch has a great view with peaceful sounds of the river, or there is a river side deck to enjoy and also a large rock out on the water to enjoy as well. Another great thing about this location, we can go up river a few miles and put in at several float houses, depending on how long you want to float; then can float right back to the house. We will definitely be renting one of these houses again.
Just as described. Excellent location on the river.
The house is literally right on the river chute!! Just an awesome over all location.
We spent my 40th bday on the river this year(2016). We are frequent visitors to the river , but the past 3 years have been brutal to camp with 2015 being the very worst rain we have ever experienced!! This year we wanted to try renting a house to stay Memorial weekend and so we found this spot RIGHT ON THE RIVER with private river access, a very nice dock/sitting area over the water, and the most perfect patch of rocks about 15' off the river bank that we swam out to and set up chairs and a table IN THE RIVER!!! It was perfect for us and we will be back for sure!!!
Perfect spot on the river! The view is amazing & Mothers Day was perfect!
If you are a lover of antiques, the home is less than 5 minutes from the towns of New Braunfels and Gruene, which provide antique shops as well as many unique shops where artisans sell their wares. The home is also close to great bar-b-que as well as several outlet malls. If you get tired of playing in the river, "Schlitterbahn", a wonderful water park is located in New Braunfels. Not only does Gruene have lots of shopping and good food, it is also home of the famed "Gruene Hall, which has served as a springboard for many Texas musicians. A great place for dancing or just enjoying the music. You might even enjoy learning the Texas Two-Step!
Boating, water-skiing and sailing can be found at Canyon Lake. The drive up River Road to the lake is notably one of the most scenic areas in Texas. Watch for deer and other wildlife along the way!
You will be a short 35-mile drive from San Antonio where you will find Six Flags, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, the famed San Antonio Riverwalk as well as fantastic Mexican food. The Alamo, along with several other missions is located there and there are numerous tour buses that take you to experience the sights and sounds of San Antonio.
The state capitol of Texas is located 45 minutes away in Austin, which has great nightlife featuring many of Texas' finest musicians. You never know what great and noted name will appear at some out of the way bar!
For you golfers, there are courses located in New Baunfels as well as San Antonio. Austin is home of some of the finest courses America has to offer.
This location is the BEST on the river. You can float in the river or raft it, find a nice place to sit on the limestone outcropping to watch others play, or just enjoy the the privacy of your own deck as you relax. During the fall, there are many festivals in the area, including "Oktoberfest" and "Wurstfest".
***** We rent only to persons over 25. Visa or Mastercard required. A parent must accompany students. Sorry, no exceptions.