House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 8 Sleeps
About Tracy Savell
My brother and I have owned and managed rental properties for more than 30 years. Our rentals are treated as homes. We welcome you to our property and hope you enjoy everything it has to offer.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Best location off the chutes
We love coming to this property. The location on the river is perfect. The parking spots are very accommodating for 4/5 cars. The house is always very clean when we get there, and the detailed list the owners provide of what is included and suggested items to bring came in handy. We will be back!
Great people glade they enjoyed stay
The river house was in a perfect location and just a walk down the stairs into the river. The beds are very loud and not comfy but they worked. Fans and the air vents covered with dust. The house smelled clean walking in but for the price it could use some TLC. But we enjoyed our stay:
An excellent way to enjoy a relaxing stay on the river. The location to the “chute” is a big plus. Definitely will be coming back!!
House on the River
Not very clean, trash in yard and the floors were disgusting! Kitchen has two pans for the stovetop, the Wi-Fi was down the whole time we were there, no TV service of any kind. The pipe from the shower leaked on our car parked under the house. There were wasps nests in the porch roof. On the upside- beautiful view of the river and a cold AC.
Beds are terribly out dated and uncomfortable. Other comps include better accommodations, linens, and towels. For a college frat party this place would be ideal. Adult gathering not so much.
Awesome Location with easy river access - Needs new beds
Stay - June 22nd - June 25th
This location is great for easy river access. It is located right at the entrance to one of the natural "tube chutes". When the water is low, as it was this year, you can walk out into the middle of the river and just sit in your chair with your friends and coolers with the cold water going by.
- The House has 3 bedrooms (1 queen, 1 queen, 1 Futon Bunk (sleeps 2), 1 Futon Full pullout in living room. (HOUSE SLEEPS 8)
- The queen beds are clean but GARBAGE, I literally think they were the cheapest mattress's ever made. I wasn't expecting sleep number by any means but good lord were these bad.
- The non-refundable cleaning deposit is a pure joke. When we arrived the air vents where black with dust and the floors were so dirty in just 5 min. walking around bare foot the bottom of your feet were black. If there is a cleaning person or management company that is supposed to come clean they should be fired.
- The kitchen counters were clean and the fridge was clean and worked.
- There is no WyFy
- This located has private parking
- AC is cold and works great.
- Cooking utensils in kitchen could use some upgrades (more pots and pans)
- Affordable when split 8 ways
- Great location with easy river access
- Overall nice well maintained house (nothing was broken)
- High deck perfect for people watching
- No trash laying around (usually expected with party animals that come into town)
- Working Grill charcoal grill on lower deck
- Floors and vents were filthy. ($100 non-refundable cleaning deposit is joke)
- Queen beds are horrendous (For cost of rent I would expect more)
- No WyFy
The location and cost (cost I am assuming is based on date) trump the shortfall in cleanliness and beds. I would stay here again if the owner takes note that this is honest feedback and not just complaints. I do understand that with so many college students that probably come through and completely trash some of these places that keeping nice"er" furniture in the house is not fiscally responsible, but I think this location can stand for a few upgrades. Our group really enjoyed ourselves and had a good time.
If you are a lover of antiques, the home is less than 5 minutes from the towns of New Braunfels and Gruene, which provide antique shops as well as many unique shops where artisans sell their wares. The home is also close to great bar-b-que as well as several outlet malls. If you get tired of playing in the river, "Schlitterbahn", a wonderful water park is located in New Braunfels. Not only does Gruene have lots of shopping and good food, it is also home of the famed "Gruene Hall, which has served as a springboard for many Texas musicians. A great place for dancing or just enjoying the music. You might even enjoy learning the Texas Two-Step!
Boating, water-skiing and sailing can be found at Canyon Lake. The drive up River Road to the lake is notably one of the most scenic areas in Texas. Watch for deer and other wildlife along the way!
You will be a short 35-mile drive from San Antonio where you will find Six Flags, Fiesta Texas, Sea World, the famed San Antonio Riverwalk as well as fantastic Mexican food. The Alamo, along with several other missions is located there and there are numerous tour buses that take you to experience the sights and sounds of San Antonio.
The state capitol of Texas is located 45 minutes away in Austin, which has great nightlife featuring many of Texas' finest musicians. You never know what great and noted name will appear at some out of the way bar!
For you golfers, there are courses located in New Baunfels as well as San Antonio. Austin is home of some of the finest courses America has to offer.
This location is the BEST on the river. You can float in the river or raft it, find a nice place to sit on the limestone outcropping to watch others play, or just enjoy the the privacy of your own deck as you relax. During the fall, there are many festivals in the area, including "Oktoberfest" and "Wurstfest".
***** We rent only to persons over 25. Visa or Mastercard required. A parent must accompany students. Sorry, no exceptions.