House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 8 Sleeps
ONLY ONE AUG. WEEK LEFT: 8/27 to 9/3 AVAILABLE BUT HURRY!!!$ave $100 weekly
SEPTEMBER /OCTOBER REDUCED RATES-$AVE-Sept $100; Oct. $50 weekly
Indian Summer Weeks: 9/3 to 9/10, 9/10 to 9/17, 9/17 to 9/24 ,9/24 to 10/1,10/1 to 10/8,10/8 to 10/15,10/15 to 10/22
FEWER CROWDS!!!!! & SENIOR DISCOUNTS Also Available for these weeks
Our Sunset Cottage II View Picture from our Deck and the-Beach picture shows our home the Blue House above the beach .
Custom built home with 3 bedrooms, 3 bath home only steps to the sand and water. Watch the porpoises play from your living room. You will enjoy the cool breezes from the water and fall asleep to surf sounds. All mattresses have pillow/memory foam tops for your comfort. Owner provides:Bed pillows,mattress pads,blankets,&comforters plus kitchen towels.Rental guest provide :Linens including bed sheets (1Kingset),(2 sets of Twins) (2 sets of Twins or 1 King set)& (1 Queen set for sofa bed),Bath & Beach Towels needed.
Our home has the main living areas on the second floor while the bedrooms and laundry are on the first. The upstairs is bright and open with over 40 Pella windows and 12-15 foot ceilings. There is a circular glass fireplace at the top of the oak staircase and separate sitting/den area with 180 degree views. There is also a great room with soft comfortable sofa & loveseat with recliners and 2 rocker/reclining chairs entertainment center, formal dining area with seating for 8+ and a covered deck with table & chairs 6+ overlooking the water and beach. The kitchen is surrounded by a breakfast bar(3)-and has all stainless steel appliances, gas stove with a built in microwave and a dishwasher and is fully equipped with a coffee pot, blender, toast oven, indoor grill and with everything else you will need. The first floor also has a covered porch with table & chairs.The front foyer has Beach items: Chairs, cooler, toys, umbrella and blanket, etc. Outside has a hot & cold water shower, a Gas Propane Weber Grill with picnic tables & chairs. The Top Deck and Front Porch has table/chairs seating for 4-6 each.
About the Owner
When we decided to rent our home we wanted to share its many wonderful memories with other families not just rent a week as a business. Building family memories is very important to us; you and your family work hard all year and deserve a relaxing time. It's perfect for a nice getaway for your family. My family has owned this property since the 1900’s; however our present home was newly built a few years ago. We believe everyone should be able to afford to relaxing beachfront vacation.
This was the first time that we have decided on a house rental and were happy with our choice. The house is very nice, and it was a bonus that we could bring our dog. It is an upside down style house which means the living area is upstairs with the bedrooms on the ground level. The master bedroom is nice and the mattress was comfortable and it had a master bath. There were 2 other bedrooms which were adequate and they shared a bathroom. The laundry room was helpful in a beach rental. The living area upstairs had lovely views with beautiful sunsets over the bay and porpoise sightings each night. There was an additional 3rd full bathroom upstairs as well. The kitchen could be s little better stocked with a few spices it would be easier without having to bring it all with us. We did not eat every meal at the house but it would have been easier to prepare with a few spices. This rental does not provide linens and the owner did not email the rental property info until the day of our arrival. It would have been nice to have had some of that info prior to our arrival not when we were on our way. The owner did call the land line when I arrived to let us know if the few repairs that she was advised needed to be done by the previous weeks tenants but it did not affect our stay. The house has central air and temperature controlled ceiling fans in each bedroom and 2 in the upper level living area. All in all a good choice and we enjoyed our stay
From the Owner
“Enjoy our waterfront home with its dramatic unobstructed water views,relax or watch the people & dolphins play. You'll have ringside seats for the breath-taking sunsets& lightning storms. Fire up the fireplace for ambient use after a long beach walk or enjoy the many fine restaurants, wine & brewery tasting,Art&Craft fairs, tours, museums,stage shows,ghost hunts & lighthouse trips/tours yet close to everything!”
Activity and Interests
GREAT Indian Summer Fall weeks AVAILABLE!!!!!! $AVE $100 weekly
Last Week in August -Aug.27 to Sept. 3rd, HURRY!!! $ave $100 weekly
Labor Day Wk.Sept.3rd to Sept.10th, $ave $100 weekly
Week of Sept.10th to Sept.17th, $ave $100 weekly
Week of Sept. 24th to Oct.1st- $ave $100 weekly
YOU deserve it!!!- SAVE $$ and Fewer crowds\-/
Some Activities and Events in Cape May& Wildwood
8/27 8/28 Seafarers' Weekend Pirates invade the Village!
Catch the action with exciting pirate fight shows throughout the weekend.
Historic Cold Spring Village 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
8/27 8/27 the Philadelphia Boys Choir & Chorale Concert at Convention Hall 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
9/3 9/4 Hands-on History Try your hand at crafts and trades from the 1800s!
Blacksmithing, basket weaving, woodworking and more.
9/10 9/17 Cape May Food & Wine Celebration
Indulge in great food & the fine wines of Cape May during this annual autumn celebration.
9/17 9/17 Harvest Brew Fest
All an-day, fun family event on the grounds of the Physick Estate - food, spirits and live music.
9/17 9/18 Civil War Weekend at Historic Cold Spring Village 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Re-enactors bring to life military encampments, demonstrations of infantry and artillery drill,
weaponry, camp life and more throughout the Village
9/24 9/24 North American Sea Glass Festival
9/24 9/24 North American Sea Glass Festival at Cape May Convention Hall from 10:00 am - 5:00
The annual Sea Glass Festival comes to Cape May! The whole family will enjoy exhibits and lectures on the origins and history of sea glass.
9/24 9/25 Annual Dragon Boat Festival capemaydragonboat.com
Located at the Cape May Harbor, the event has proved so popular it is now a two-day festival. Experience the thrill, the adrenaline, the teamwork, and the sheer fun of being connected on a level comparable to nothing else. Paddles up!
8/27 8/27 Roller Derby Tournament
Wildwoods Convention Center. Hosting hundreds of roller derby enthusiasts, skaters & vendors.
9/2 9/2 Labor Day Weekend Fireworks Spectacular Special Labor Day Weekend Fireworks
Extravaganza to end the summer season on the beach at Pine Avenue in Wildwood at 10 p.m.
9/22 9/25 Irish Fall Festival Vendors: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
The largest Irish Festival on the East Coast celebrating Irish heritage with dancing, music, food and craft vendors along Olde New Jersey Avenue and surrounding pubs in North Wildwood.
9/30 10/1 Olde Time Italian Festival
Celebrate Italian culture and heritage at Fox Park on Ocean Avenue between Burk & Montgomery Avenues in Wildwood on Friday from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m.& on Saturday from noon until 11 p.m..
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Summer Season 2
Jul 9 2016 - Sep 2 2016
7 night minimum stay
Sep 3 2016 - Sep 9 2016
7 night minimum stay
Sep 10 2016 - Sep 30 2016
7 night minimum stay
Mid- Fall Season
Oct 1 2016 - Oct 28 2016
7 night minimum stay
Late Fall Season
Oct 29 2016 - Nov 18 2016
7 night minimum stay
Nov 19 2016 - Nov 26 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Communications with the owners is important throughout the reservation process, learning about the local area, activities available for your family, learning about our home and sharing your memories of your vacation in our guest memory book. You deserve the best vacation ever and we want you to have the very best, too. Our guest /memory books continue year to year with hand written comments from our many guest renters of all ages in many different languages about the pictures & memories they developed, places they visited, adventures they experienced and what made their vacation so special.We can share some of them upon request for future renters with their permission. .However, most of our renters only like sharing with each person or family to share this part of their journey with those to follow by recording their thoughts and hope that you will share yours as well .
We the owners believe it's important to Pay It Forward so every year we donate a percentage of our rental income to a note worthy cause. In past years we donated to the Super Storm Sandy Fund, Granite Reef Hotshot Firefighters,etc. These past two years the winter weather has been really harsh with the Polar Vortex and Jet Stream dropping causing many problems locally. So we have been and will be donating to the local area volunteer fire companies,again this year,too.
P.S. Sometimes the owner will rent : Winter Rates :Long-Term Monthly + Utilities:Please Contact Owner regarding Winter Rentals
GREAT FALL WEEKS AVAILABLE : Book NOW they will not last long! Winter Rates contact owner.
No Crowds, Sunny Beach Days, Cool Nights,Super Sunsets & Dolphins
Rental payments are processed through the owners real estate agent with payments available for a personal touch..
Travel Insurance is available to protect your vacation investment.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“A few steps from the front porch leads you to a smooth sandy beach suitable for swimming or sunbathing all within walkie-talkie distance from our home it has it all. Fishing & crabbing is great from the nearby jetty. Kayaks & Catamarans dot the water in while bicyclists and joggers go by in front of our home. Beach tag free ocean beaches a few miles away. A few short blocks down the street you'll find Typhoon Henry's, popular restaurant by the bay waterfront. The Acme Shopping Center, Banks, Drug & Liquor store, Gym, Post Office, Urgent Care, Public pool & more restaurants are within a mile or two. Less than 1 mile along the beach, you'll find the terminal for the Cape May-Lewis Ferry. Besides housing a fine restaurant, it is your gateway to fantastic shopping in Delaware with over 135 outlet stores, many fine Delaware beaches & restaurants. It's a wonderful 70 min. cruise with some trips with entertainment. A few minutes’ drive will take you to historic Cape May, playground of the Victorian elite and Past Presidents. There you will find miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean. Historical homes, home of the famous Cape May Spa, Washington Mall, CM Boardwalk and GREAT seafood restaurants (Lobster House, etc.). A little further brings you to Wildwood with its amusement piers, arcades, Water Park and boardwalk. Further north is Ocean City, with more family fun & another boardwalk. Lastly, Atlantic City with its glitzy shows and casinos is only 35 miles north for the great day trip or night out or local theater stage events.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- Beach View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, MB :Has sink/mirror,wall hair dryer with handheld shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Bdrs 2&3:access bath with sink/mirror and wall hair dryer
- Bathroom 4 - outdoor shower, Shower has hot & cold water available for human use only.
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, Upstairs bathroom with pedestal sink& oval mirror cabinet
- Laundry Room has Full size Washer and Dryer with Laundry Tub. Please use garden hose #2 to wash beach items and Family dog, thanks
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1st floor Master with water views,surf sounds & MasterBath
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single, Separate from MBR on 1st floor it's a Great Children's room
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, 1st Floor Flexible Bdrm: Can be 1 twin, 2 twins or 1 king
- Sitting Rm/Den:2ndFl.:Top-grade Queen sleep sofa w/fiber/foam pillow top has water views, surf sounds &3rd full bath. All bedrooms have temperature controlled ceiling fans, cabled TV’s , DVD’s & clock alarms..
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 1 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- The living room has 2 ceiling fans & soft comfortable furniture: a sofa with 2 recliners, loveseat recliner & rocker and 2 overstuffed rocker chairs. The entertainment center has new large flat screen HDTV/LED & 3D with a new Blue Ray CD player. The Master bedroom has a king sized bed with a flat screen HDTV and a private full bath with wall hairdryer. The second bedroom has two twins with TV & DVD and third bedroom has a high-rise/trundle bed which can be configured as either one twin, two twins or a king bed with a large TV with a DVD. These bedrooms are serviced by an additional full bath with a wall hairdryer and all bedrooms have temperature controlled ceiling fans. The upstairs has a full bath and sitting room/den with a queen sofa sleeper w/pillow top and small drop leaf table & chairs. For your entertainment there are the following: a Radio/ CD player, I Pod docking port, Comcast Cable TV+,wireless internet, some paperbacks & coffee table books, DVD’s, Family games and puzzles,chess&checkers, card table & chairs for play cards or board games, too. All bedrooms have cable TV & DVD players. Our home is serviced by a high speed Internet connection with WIFI. Each floor has separate heating and air conditioning as well as electrostatic air filtration. Please absolutely NO SMOKING inside our home, our home is a smoke free home. Our family members have breathing problems including asthma. . Our home is protected by direct wired fire and intrusion detection. PET FRIENDLY Policy!! Hypoallergenic dog breeds preferred. Owner Permission Required and all requirements & laws must be obeyed. All dogs must on flea/tick preventive meds or in other words free of fleas/ticks, etc. Kennel trained dogs, well behaved dog's with all health certifications. Allergenic breed shedding dogs require special daily care due to hair/dander shedding. They will not be allowed on our furniture without pet covers or sheets covering them especially our navy blue living room furniture and daily floor cleaning is required. Small/medium size dog max. weight 25 lbs with prior owner approval & renter written agreement to additional expectations involving cleaning, dog care and healthy safety requirements. Our major problem with some family dogs is their adjusting to a new home.Normally, we require dogs to be kennel crated when left alone.However, our home has a solution to this problem it allows for you to leave your dog free to roam in our long tiled hallway by the bedroom areas. Just provide bedding, water, toys when left alone and use our 4 foot baby gate to block the hallway by the hall closet. This helps to keep your dog safe, from going up & down the steps, using furniture unattended and allows for easy clean up. (Most dogs like the cool floor). We do this with our own dogs; it works great!! Our other renters with dogs really like this option,too SUMMERTIME IS DIFFICULT FOR DOGS due to limited time allowed (between check-outs& check-in of next renters) for proper cleaning involving your dogs. NO DOGS are allowed in summer months without special permission from the owner with renter’s written agreement to additional expectations involving cleaning and care for their four legged family member. We need dog owners help to provide extra care so our home can welcome their family dog member and provide a clean dog-free environment for welcoming our families with allergies or asthma following them, too. TY Spring & Fall a $125 pet e deposit is required; Summer pet deposit is $150 both are non-refundable; exceptions for special needs.