2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, sleeps 8 in the Chequamegon Nation Forest.
Why Patti Bowling chose Park Falls
If you love the outdoors, this place is where you want to be.
What makes this House unique
Several lakes within 10 miles of our place. Pike Lake, Round Lake to name just 2. ATV and snowmobile trails are very close to us. Hiking and snow shoe trails are also close to us in the national forest.
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Wouldn't change a thing
My adult children and I had a wonderful time at this beautiful cabin in the quiet of the Northwoods. It had everything we needed and more. They had wood stacked on the porch, flashlights in the drawer, spices in the cupboard, and many other thoughtful and useful items available. Close enough to town and eating establishments if desired, but set deep enough in the woods to feel cozy. The owners were readily available by phone and very helpful with any questions we had. We are all hopeful we can return again some day!
Very nice up north getaway!
• My daughter and I enjoyed our short stay at the Cardinal Drive, Fifield, WI, USA rental property. The home was comfortable, spacious, clean, and orderly. As nature lovers, we found the majestic setting of the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest most appealing. It’s evident the owners – Patti and Ray - put time and work into making the property a relaxing retreat within the beauty of the forest.
• Patti and Ray always responded to our communications in a quick, timely, and friendly manner.
• Two lakes - Byhre and Newman - are located near the residence. Newman Lake Recreational Area is very nice and only a short drive from the residence.
• Based on our experience needing to deal with an area-wide power outage affecting the residence during a major summer storm that occurred during our stay, we highly recommend renters bring a couple of working lantern flashlights and some water for use in an emergency.
• Because we had trouble finding operating instructions for appliances and the DVD player, renters might want to ask where operating instructions for such items are stored.
• A nice, helpful touch is the large wall-size map of the surrounding area that is posted on a wall in the backroom. In addition, Patti and Ray provide a number of Visitor Guide Books for most of the cities in Price County as well as other informative material related to trails for hiking, biking, etc. and lakes for fishing and water activities. Minocqua, WI is located in Oneida County and is about a 25-30 minute drive from the property.
• Renters who enjoy privacy and embrace nature will find the home on Cardinal Drive, Fifield, WI a pleasant place to relax. Ann J. July 2019
We had a very nice vacation at this property.
Patti, thank you for providing the directions to the lakes.
Beautifully nestled in the forest
Thank you for allowing is to stay in your beautiful home. We made wonderful memories.
Log home near Park Falls
The cabin was absolutely beautiful - stocked with everything we could possibly want, very clean and comfortable - nice location close to area attractions. It was every bit as nice as the description. The main reason we did not enjoy our stay, however, was not because of the property itself, but because of the mosquitoes - we really could not enjoy sitting outside or doing anything outside because the mosquitoes were horrible! Even with tons of bug spray they were relentless.
Also, the gravel road leading to the property was not maintained well - extremely bumpy and rutted and unfortunately you need to be on this road for about 4 miles to get to the cabin. Suitable for a truck or SUV but not well suited for a normal car - really hard on the suspension. And the final reason we really didn't enjoy our stay again did not have to do with the property itself, but rather miscommunication between myself and the property owner. One of our main reasons for coming to this location was to go fishing. The property description states a boat and motor were available for use and we took advantage of this for the very modest additional cost of $50. However, we were not told that the motor was a very small electric trolling motor that was way under-powered for a boat of that size - we assumed it would be an appropriately-sized gas motor. Consequently, our ability to go very far or try different areas to fish was very limited - we were really disappointed that an appropriate motor was not provided. But again, we had no complaints about the property itself - it was extremely nice!
ATV and snowmobile trails just down the road. Surrounded by great fishing lakes for "Class A"
musky, northern, pan fish, bass and walleye. Also a trout stream nearby. There is recreation for
every season, from kayaking to biking and hiking, to golf, hunting and fishing, swimming and skiing;
it's all right here. Keep your eyes open for loons on the lake, eagles soaring, and many
other "natural" guests of the forest.
Lake of the Torches Casino(15 Mi), Smith Rapids Covered Bridge(2 Mi), Al Capone's Hideout(75 Mi),
Copper Falls State Park(50 Mi), Lake Superior(75 Mi), Apostle Islands(100 Mi) St. Croix Fishing Rod
factory with outlet store in Park Falls(15 Mi)