House, 5 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 12 Sleeps
Black Bear Lookout is located at 730 Ellis Ogle Road, Gatlinburg TN and offers you and your guest a 5 bedroom, two bath mountain home with panoramic views of downtown Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. The house is located only one mile from downtown Gatlinburg, TN. You will enjoy a fully equipped kitchen and two living rooms. Please see our website for a calendar and other pertinent information at casecompanies 'dot' net.
Amazing 2016 spring break trip
Rodney and Beth
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Absolutely love this home! My daughter and I drove from Atlanta to meet with 5 family members from Ohio. We grilled out on the back deck, enjoyed the hot tub, and had a short drive into town. I would recommend this home to anyone visiting.
4.8 based on 13 traveler reviews
Amazing 2016 spring break trip
Amazing property located right in the mountains! We had a group of 11 and had plenty of space! House was fully stocked with all the kitchen and bath items we could need. Definately would stay at this house again!!!
Perfect little house just far enough away from the downtown hussell and bussell. But High enough to feel like you were 100 miles away. This was a perfect little home for my family of 10. Had great communication with the owner, and wonderful service. The neighbor across the street was very nice. Overall I think this was a perfect place and could not have asked for anything else. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.
Our 2015 vacation
We enjoyed our stay at your house. We encounter a few bugs and roaches . The road was a little steep getting there .the instructions on leaving and cleaning the towels and bed linen were unclear so we left them in front of the washer. I hope this doesn't effect our deposit. All in all it is a very nice house an affordable.
Perfect for our large family!!
This was the perfect home for our family of 8. It was clean, had plenty of room and had everything we needed! Kitchen was fully stocked with cookware, dishes and grilling utensils. There is even a laundry room. It is perfectly located for a Smoky Mountain vacation, very close to downtown Gatlinburg and the national park. If you are not used to driving up the hills, I recommend arriving in the daylight. We got in late and it made it a little difficult navigating in the dark up those inclines, but we managed. We will absolutely recommend this home to others and will definately stay again!
We stayed in Aug and it was a lot more house then I expected, I couldn't believe how much room we had every one had there own room and had plenty if we would of had more people. I will for sure be renting this house again. Had every thing that we needed for cooking and sleeping. all we had to get was food.Only thing I didn't care for was the steep hill but we were out all day once we left in the morning, so that really wasn't a problem.Great place for large groups.
Great place to stay!
I would recommend this house to anyone...and already have. It's 3-4 minutes from the strip in Gatlinburg and just outside the national park. The house could probably sleep 10-12. We brought a large family and it was great. Plenty of room for everyone. The hot tub was perfect after a long day of hiking. Kitchen was perfect and the owner could not have been better. Don't waste your money on a hotel. This house is WAY better than anything you will find.
The house is up on a hill with a view of the mountains and forest behind it. Perfect spot to stay for your trip to the Smokeys!
Thank you Rodney for letting us stay!
Activity and Interests
Gatlinburg Attractions, like no other place in the world, has exciting adventures at every turn. Discover the underwater world of Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, with over 10,000 species of fish and marine life, while walking through a clear tunnel that runs through the 1 million gallon tank.
Take America's largest aerial tramway up to the mountaintop amusement of Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort, where you can enjoy skiing, ice skating and more or if mysteries and curiosities are more your style, visit the Mysterious Mansion or Ripley's Believe It or Not! Stroll through downtown Gatlinburg and visit the many shops. Be sure to go into the side alley ways to enjoy some homemade candy, flavored coffee or some homemade ice cream.
Pigeon Forge Attractions:
Snuggled in the comfort of the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge bring the majestic beauty and simplicity of mountain living to every one who visits. Pigeon Forge has a mixture of the welcoming, down-home flavor of quaint mountain restaurants, as well has excellent shopping, and amusements.
Famous for it's numerous outlet shopping malls, Pigeon Forge features Wonder Works, Comedy Barn, Black Bear Jamboree and many other great theaters. Race go-carts at FastTracks or play putt-golf with the entire family. Bungee jump from a tower or take a drive around the NASCAR Speed Park in a scaled down version of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Monte Carlos. You can even avoid the traffic by taking a scenic helicopter ride over Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains.
With every visit offering a different flavor of the Great Smoky Mountains, Dollywood seems to be the center attraction of all that happens in Pigeon Forge. This amusement park has all of the excitement of a great water park for swimming, shows of talented bluegrass performers, and shops along the boardwalk in each dedicated area. Dollywood makes sure that there is something of interest for every visitor. From fascinating artisans crafting leather and hand spun glass products before your very eyes, the flavor of the Smoky Mountain is reflected in Dollywood.
Welcome to the hoedown…the party starts here. With acrobatic horse riding stunts celebrating the best of Dixie and southern belle dancing around in their spectacular gala, visitors are swept back into a mixture of comedy, dancing, singing, and acrobatics that glorify the best of Dixie.
The Comedy Barn:
Fun for the whole family. The Comedy Barn steps into the shoes of great live comedy legends like Hee Haw and also the Grand Ole Opry. There are lively skits involving the audience with laughs that make your belly ache from smiling so much. The Comedy Barn also has magicians and ventriloquists. They strive to produce family oriented programming highlighted with patriotic and gospel music. With a high-class theater full of entertainment in a clean atmosphere, it is sure to be the highlight of any vacation.
Love to shop and eat?
Pigeon Forge has six outlet malls containing more than 200 individual stores,
and if that's not enough to keep you busy, you can keep right on shopping at more than 140 other specialty stores and craft shops. When you're done, you're sure to be hungry. Good thing there's a wide range of cuisine to choose from at the area's restaurants!
Sevierville offers even more attractions and family fun! Visit Forbidden Caverns, where you can tour the ancient underground caverns once used by area Moonshiner's, take in a game of golf at Eagle's Landing Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 72 championship golf course, or rent a boat and explore Douglas Lake. Whatever you choose to do, you'll' find quality indoor and outdoor recreation, entertainment and attractions throughout the Smoky Mountains.
The Great Smoky Mountains:
Just a few miles away, you will find the Great Smoky Mountains. Whether you intend to get into shape or are in shape, there are hiking trails for the beginner, intermediate and advanced hiker. You will have opportunity to have a picnic with the family in the outdoor parks, fish for trout while observing the wonder of the large waterfalls.
Whether choosing to go to Dollywood amusement park for the day or set out on a shopping trip for antiques, treasures are all around your mountain dream home in Gatlinburg. If you are an early riser or enjoy late night entertainment, Gatilinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville has something for everyone. There are rides and enticing stage acts or strolling down the quaint streets looking for the ideal antique piece to add that extra charm to your home. At the end of your busy day, it's nice to know you'll have a place to call your 'home away from home.' No matter what your activity or dining preference may be, one thing is for sure. You will make enough memories to last a lifetime in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
If you stay and pay for 6 nights, the 7th night is FREE!!
The cost per night is $129.00 regardless of the number of people staying.
Please see our site at casecompanies "dot" net for a calendar showing reserved dates and cost along with other pertinent information needed prior to reserving. Any reservation for three or less nights will incur an additional $50.00 cleaning fee.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 5 - 4 twin/ single, Double Bunk Beds
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Two living rooms - one up and one down each with a television with VCR/DVD and TV Guardian - Each telvision has TV Guardian which filters 98% of all obscene language. Wired and Wireless Internet Connection - Wired and Wireless connection is available throughout the house as well as outside. This is an open connection so no passwords are needed. Please use caution by having a firewall on you computer. Though internet connection is available, please note sometimes storms in the summer will knock it off and it may not work for a while. We apologize for any inconvenience. Hot Tub - A six person hot tub is provided for your convenience. Please shower prior to entry as this will cut down on unwanted dirt and germs. No glass should ever be used around the hot tub!! If you have a drink, please use the plastic glasses avaiable in the kitchen. Parking - There is a upper and lower driveway. The upper drive will park two cars comfortably and probably a third if a small compact car. The lower drive will park only one car. Landscape - The landscaping around the house for the most part is edible. Though just recently planted, you will find tea plants along the driveway near the black iron fence as well as along the side of the lower end of the house between the house and the lower drive. Along the front and back of the house you will notice Evergreen Blueberry plants. You will also find at the head of the lower driveway, raspberries to your hearts content.There are also two peach trees and three apple trees - again just recently planted so it may be a while until we have fruit from the trees. - The tea plants new growth can be picked off and simmered on low for 4 - 5 hours producing green tea. Please feel free to pick a few fruits if in season while you are there and enjoy. General: Iron Hair Dryers (1 in each bathroom) Towels (kitchen, bath) Ironing board Kitchen Utensils Dishwasher Toaster Oven Microwave Coffee Maker Can Opener Vacuum High Chair Stroller Pack-n-Play Washer and Dryer Front Deck with table and 4 chairs Back Deck with picnic table Charcoal Grill Free Starter Kit - bath soap, kitchen items including dishwashing detergent, dishwasher tabs, Tide laundry detergent for first two loads, etc.