House, 5+ Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths, Sleeps 3 to 15 (3 to 5 bedrooms)
This beautiful historic home was built in 1847. It is on the northern edge of Elizabethtown on the Boquet
River, conveniently located within walking distance of the supermarket, drug store, hardware store,
Stewart's convenience store/gas station, golf course, and the exquisite dining at the Deer's Head Restaurant.
Inn. Elizabethtown is in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks with Hurricane and Giant
Mountains to the west and the beautiful Olympics resort town of Lake Placid 35 minutes drive to the
northwest. The town of Keene is in the next valley over. Summer chamber music recitals (3x/wk) are
8 minutes away at the prestigious Meadowmount music school; plays are performed at the Depot Theatre
in Westport 15 minutes to the east on Lake Champlain. Hiking and fishing opportunities abound.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Flyfishing for trout on the West Branch of the Ausable River; fishing for trout or atlantic salmon
on the Boquet River; fishing one of the many streams, ponds or lakes nearby; hiking one of the
region's 46 high peaks or an easier but equally beautiful climb among the many smaller mountains
nearby; rock climbing at Poke'O'Moonshine or the cliffs at Cascade Lakes; boating on Lincoln Pond or
Lake Champlain; cooling off in the beautiful natural pools below one of several waterfalls at Split
Rock Falls; taking the ferry from nearby Essex across Lake Champlain to Burlington, Vermont;
exploring High Falls Gorge or Ausable Chasm; shopping, dining, or watching a movie in the beautiful
Olympic Village of Lake Placid; attending a chamber music concert at Meadowmount; seeing a play at
the Westport Depot Theatre, playing 9 or 18 holes of golf at Cobble Hill on the other edge of town;
or enjoying an exquisite meal at the Deer's Head Inn up the street. There are so many things to do
at our vacation home in the Adirondacks. Of course, the best activity of all is to sit, relax, feel
the breeze blow across your face, and watch the clouds float by.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 3 2017 - Oct 27 2017
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Email for specific dates
Also available seasonally, email for details.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theater
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 2 - shower
- Bathroom 1 - tub, shower
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, Cozy room with Victorian feel, armchair
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, Cozy bright room with small book collection
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double, 3 twin/ single, Two bunkbeds (one is pyramid)
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double, Four poster bed, Bay Window, Reading Nook, Armchairs
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single, Spacious, card table for four to play, desk with chair
- Lawn / Garden
- Guests provide their own meals
- Property Amenities Fully Furnished 5+ bedrooms; linens are provided 2 full bathrooms, one with shower, the other with shower/tub Kitchen with modern appliances (stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator, washer, dryer, and a full set of cookware, utensils, dishes, cups, flatware, and cutlery); an antique table with chairs are in the kitchen cupboards and shelves Living room with sofas and lounge chairs, DVD player, and am/fm radio with iPod dock CableTV and high speed internet service is active with Wi-fi and Ethernet CAT 5 connections Land line telephone service is not provided or needed; excellent cell phone service is present in the home and around Elizabethtown with the new cell tower in the town hall steeple Garage Attic Basement Yard Tennis and basketball courts are nearby at the Social Center There is no central air conditioning, but it is rare to need it in the Adirondacks. Open windows and fans (provided) usually suffice.