Cabin, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 14 Sleeps
Description: Rocky Mountain Rush. Where Family and Adventure Come together!
Welcome to the ultimate Vacation. All Activities except boating are here on the 63 acre property! A Destination location getaway with your on-site entertainment and relaxation carefully thought out. Don't just rent a house when you can find a unique getaway designed with multiple on site activities available to choose from on 63 acres. For total privacy virtually no houses or neighbors can be seen from the cabin!
Down Town Estes Park is just seven miles north of the house (a 8 min drive to down town Estes). The house is located off of Highway 7 in the Tahossa Valley just above Lily Lake.
About the House:
Unique, famous and comfortable, mountain log sided home with vaulted ceilings. Featured on Night-line as it was custom designed and built by a former President of the Sierra Club. Passive Solar with a wall of Southern facing windows and a 250 ton rock bed that the house is built upon. We have taken this famous home and completely remodeled it throughout five years go. We even installed new carpet and new floors the end of Aug 2011. The house has a lodge theme throughout with sheepskin rugs, Leather recliner and Leather couch (remodeled in 2009). Our Cabin has 4 Bedrooms all with new bedding, mattresses with added topper on each bed for extra comfort and a log style king bed.
* Room(1) The Bear Room- Small Master Bedroom with King bed with under bed storage and new memory foam topper on top of the mattress and built in book case. (Bathroom attached)
* Room(2) The Elk Room- 12X17 Room with King bed, natural log bed and sofa sleeper with views of Twin Sisters Mountain and the valley towards Lily Lake. With a queen size sleeper sofa in the room as well.
* Room(3) Queen Upper Bunk with built in bookcase, built in desk and a dresser. This room has an option to convert the desk to a queen bed as well. This would turn the room into a double queen bunk bed room) (we have two toppers to make the extra bed amazing)
* Room(4) Queen bed with under bed storage and desk. (This is a bed that can be converted to a single to make enough room for our portable crib that is available, or a dog crate in addition to the bed in the room).
* Two additional queen sleepers in main room. #1 is a leather sofa sleeper, #2 is a teak slide out sleeper. Both of these have new memory foam toppers for extra comfort.
The main room has a massive wall of windows on the south side of the home with insulated wood shutters throughout. We have a new 2013 46' Flat screen HD 1080P TV with Phillips Sono Wave Surround Sound with up scaling and a large Video Library. We have approximately 180 movies (DVDs and VHS), we have Direct TV and a computer with the internet with wifi for laptops and MS Office. The Kitchen is large and fully equipped with all new kitchen appliances including a dishwasher, easy to use stove, refrigerator with ice and water in the door. It does include all the dishes, pots, pans, utensils and most anything you will need. In the mud room we have two full size Maytag washers and two dryers. The house has newer Carpet (2011) and Paint throughout. A new Dyson Vacuum cleaner for those that love to clean:) and an Electric Fireplace with remote control for flame and or heat. If you like to read we have Hundreds of books on the bookshelves in each room. We even have phones with unlimited long distance within US.
* Amazing Sundance Hot Tub with 40 jets, rated as one of the best massage therapy spas available.
* We even have some fluffy Robes and Slippers.
* Off the deck next to the hot tub you will have Incredible Views of Twin Sisters Mountain.
* We have a Stainless Steel Outdoor GasGrill.
* We even built a large Outdoor Rock Fire Pit with Adirondack chairs and loads of chopped firewood that is located just behind the house that overlooks Estes Valley and Lily Lake. This Fire pit brings the family together while you enjoy hot dogs or smore's with your family.
* If you like to take nature walks you can take a hike on the property's sixty-three acres to the top of the hill to see amazing views of Estes and Lily Lake that takes your breath away. If you want we also have a path through our property that you can take to Lily lake or the National forest (it goes all the way to YMCA camp) our property abuts Rocky Mountain National Park..
* For activities included that we have available (such as a boat, fishing poles, kids electric buggies etc.) see the activities section for features not available anywhere else!
This mountain retreat offers privacy, great natural beauty and an amazing experience. I have trouble leaving every time I come to the property. You will find the city will leave you within a short time of arriving. Welcome!
50th Wedding Anniversary
About the Owner
We are a very happy young family! We live in Estes Park and run a tour company in town. We love the outdoors and all activities. We love to ski, sing, paint and go 4 wheeling.
4.9 based on 13 traveler reviews
50th Wedding Anniversary
We spent the week celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary with thirteen people from the ages of 13-72. Everyone was perfectly content with all of the activities on the property. We hiked, played horseshoes, ate meals together, sat in the hot tub and shot each other with paintballs! The owners were wonderful to work with at every step and they literally went the extra mile to make sure our teenagers were perfectly satisfied! This was an amazing property for a family to spend time together and to be away from the rest of the world and yet it is close to fun things to do in the RMNP and Estes Park. Everything is there to make a perfect vacation. Thanks so much for everything Neil and Kimberly! We would definitely come back!
Family Life Trip
Simply Spectacular! This 63 acre retreat was a life trip for our families. We reserved this house for two weeks and rotated two families each week – my family and my partner’s family. In the first week for my family, we literally sleep 15 people (4 kids, 3 teenagers, 8 adults) and two small dogs for four of those seven days (Week 1) and used the house to its max. We cooked all our meals there and used the kitchen to its potential. The owner has the kitchen stocked with an impressive selection of anything you might need. In Week 2, we had a total of seven, so we were able to spread out and have more flexibility. Having two washers and dryers was a huge perk, especially with kids and adults that took advantage of nearby hiking, ATV riding, and horseback riding. The battery powered kid’s vehicles and playground were a huge plus. There are great hiking trails on the property, and at least one we found ascended to a rock out cropping that had an amazing panorama of the valley, Lily Lake, and surrounding mountains. This property offered something for everyone. The house, its accommodations, and its views exceeded our expectations. (Pictures cannot do it justice.) There are lots of thoughtful details in the house (like hand-held shower heads in the bathrooms, an assortment of dvd's to watch, a variety of books to read, toys, family games, a landline phone with free long distance, extra bed linens). And the owners accommodated our every need. They went above and beyond to make our experience fantastic. If I could suggest any improvement (and I realize I’m being picky), it would be the addition of a half bath to better accommodate 10 - 15 people. We facilitated and regulated quick showers with no problem, but when nature calls, you must comply. :) Thanks for great memories. Everyone must experience the beauty and comfort of this magnificent property. We loved it, and we hope to be back!
What a great time we had at your cabin last week as we felt at home immediately. Having bond fires, roasting marshmallows, making s’mores, and watching the shooting stars with our family was so much fun. You have a wonderful cabin to do this and the location is perfect. The little ones had a great time with the 4 wheeler, games, and toys and even our grandson who is 12 learned to play horseshoes. The hot tub was a nice way to relax once we got the kids out.
Meeting your husband Neil was also a pleasure and we appreciate your assistance in answering all of our question both before and during our stay.
Thank you and Neil for a wonderful time and we look forward to our next stay with you
My brothers and I always rent a place in Estes Park this time of year to get together and we were glad we found this cabin this time, would definitely rent again. First night we had a friend join us but there was plenty of room to accommodate. Cabin has great use of space, maximizing the living room and hang out areas. Hot tub was awesome and had great views. The property is huge and fun to explore, and the fire pit outside was a nice touch. Neil and Kimberly were fantastic on the phone both before the week answering questions and giving us road condition updates, and during the stay making sure we figured out the house and seeing if we needed anything. Although we didn't use it the paintball gear was all there and ready to go.
The only request we had is that it would be really nice to have some kind of sound system or speakers to play music or amplify the TV so that it would be easier to hear from the hot tub over the jets with the windows open.
Can't wait to come back and explore some more offroad trails around Estes!
Refreshing mountain retreat
As the description led us to believe, this was a nice spot for an informal great 40-something reunion for me and four college buddies. We appreciated the isolation and the beautiful mountain views.
Everything about the cabin was clean, comfortable and pleasant. The kitchen was fully-stocked and easy to work in. The big dining table was ideal for dinner and late-night weighty discussions. For some reason we didn't use the fire pit. Too much preseason football on the big TV I guess. Some of us did use the hot tub which was a great way to relax after a hard day of golf or sightseeing. The rooms were comfortable. A sixth guy couldn't make the trip at the last minute so we can't report on the pull-out beds.
We appreciated the attention of the owners. Before the tip Kimberly answered all our questions and made sure things went smoothly. When we arrived Neil gave us pointers on how various things worked, cautioned us about the occasional wandering bear, and most importantly, how to operate the audio-video system. We didn't watch any of the movies but there's a huge library, which also has an amazing range of reading material. Neil returned once during the week to make sure all was well and answer a few questions.
We played golf at the Estes Park Golf Course which is beautiful and interesting to play. We also went into Rocky Mountain National Park a few times. Our only restaurant experience was lunch at Smokin' Daves BBQ which we can recommend for good sandwiches and brews on tap.
I think this place would appeal to families wanting a good place away from busy, touristy spots, surrounded by wilderness but close enough to everything for convenience. It makes a good base camp for exploring the Park.
Great family vacation
Plenty of room for all, no close neighbors great hiking area for the 11 of us. Close to Estes Park activities, and be sure to do a Rocky Mountain Rush tour, it was fantastic.
From the Owner
“This is the most beautiful location with views in every direction. It is so private on 64 acres that you can have total privacy. It is a great place to hike or sled and backs to the National Park. We have a lot of entertainment options and the house if fully stocked!”
Activity and Interests
All of these wonderful features are available on our property onsite that no other properties offer!
* Hot Tub (see details above)
* Fire Pits (see details above)
* Boating: We have a Porta-Bote available onsite for Lily Lake (just down the street) or Lake Estes. Paddle or float with the coolest little boat you may have never seen. (Needs a pickup to haul it in)
* We have floatable raft as well.
* Some Fly fishing, spin gear and tackle is also provided (You'll need a fishing license, unless you are a kid). Lily Lake is catch and release and Lake Estes has good fishing. Life jackets provided.
* 2 Little kids electric buggies. and 1 peddle tractor
* Paintball equipment (Tippman 98's) for 4 -6 with instruction (balls
and CO2 are the only items additionally charged for)
* Telescope for Star and Mountain gazing.
* Kid Friendly -Toys and an outdoor Kid's Playground with a slide and
swings with a little club house.
* Horseshoes and other outdoor games.
* Indoor Family Games, such as Clue, Scrabble, Chess Checkers, Grillopoly (Like Monopoly) , Balderdash, Puzzles and Many More.
Other Relaxing activities available when the excitement gets too much for you:)
* Aspen Lodge is just across and down the road one block away for horseback riding in the mountains.
* Aspen Lodge or Baldpate Inn are just down the road for great food, a nice deck, and late afternoon mountain viewing.
* Mary's Lake lodge is 4 miles down the highway and they have a great Sunday brunch you don't want to miss.
* All of the activities and attractions of Estes Park are just 5-10 minutes away so you have mountain living at its best with total privacy and being close in for everything else that Estes Park has to offer.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2016 - Oct 15 2016
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Nightly Rate: $265 - $365
Weekly Rate: $1800 - $2400
Please check the calendar to see if your dates are available.
Weekly (During Peak Season We Prefer Full Week Rentals)
* $2400.00 per week from May 1st to October 15 (Peak Season)
This rate will also be applied to major holiday weeks.
* $1800.00 per week from October 16th to April 30th (Off Peak)
HOLIDAY WEEKS are at Peak Rate.
Damage deposit is due to confirm reservations. $500 is returned after your stay and $125 is kept for the cleaning fee. Full payment is due 30 days prior to stay dates. Email confirmations with stay details will be sent when payments have been received. We prefer checks sent to our mailing address for payment. Credit card is an option only when there is no other option.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Private 64 acres, we have a Porta Boat, kids play ground, Firepit, hot tub, paintball, and so much more it is hard to list.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 2 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king
- Bedroom 4 - 1 king, 1 sleep sofa /futon
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Water Sports Gear
- Guests provide their own meals
- Please see the list above for all the details. The entire Home has been updated in 2009. * It is perfectly insulated with full cabinet style shutters over the windows to have complete black out options (even darker than hotel dark). In case you like to stay up all night and want to sleep in, this home may be perfect for you. * Fully equipped home with too many amenities to list. * Plenty of parking. * New phones with unlimited long distance within US. * All your needs are stocked including bed linens, pillows, blankets, robes, slippers and plush towels. * Additional toiletries items like shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, sunscreen etc, are there for you at no charge in case you may have forgotten something. * A Chilled bottle of wine will also be waiting for you in the fridge. * We even have a porta crib, a booster chair and toys for little ones. * Tons of Coffee, Loads of Hot Cocoa and of course Marshmallows for roasting. The only thing you need to bring is food and clothes and be ready for adventure.