Villa, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Wonderful sea view
This house has been designed and built for his sister, for the Architect Mauricio Pinto.
The house has original furnishings and designed with recycled materials. Finished with walls stone, Italians tiles and Venetian.
Tintinki is a Mayan word that's mean: The best, the better than better....
This beautiful house is located right on the beach.
Tintinki home has beautiful Mayan pool and is surrounded by coconut palm trees making it a very relaxing environment to enjoy a warm sunset.
the view from the pool is fantastic. You feel like you're inside the sea.
The house has a dining room with a table that can fit up to 8people.
The area is decorated with a painting of cocconuts and palms trees
The kitchen is next to dinning room and living room and is designed to fit the whole family.
It is completely equipped with full size refrigerator, stove with four burners oven , microwave, coffee pot, toaster, blender, dishes, utensils, glasses, pans and a breakfast bar overlooking the living room.
The Tintinki home has two bedrooms, both with ceiling fans and closets.
The front bedroom has 2 twins beds and a beach front view .
The back bedroom has king size bed and is connected to privite balcony
The bed is constructed with two doors very old, from a house in the historic center of the city of Merida.
These doors are over a hundred years old.
Both bedrooms have a bathroom and both bathrooms has directly to beach access. .
which is a lovely patio decorated with palm trees, called xit in Mayan, and irises.
It offers the ideal place to unwind after a day in the sun and admire the night sky.
The house comes with hot water and gas and TV cable ( SKY ).
the house has wireless internet
The natural beauty of the area is clear, but the inside of the house is also decorated with the perfect combinations of furniture and plants to create an exotic environment, and the house is designed so that the view of the beach can be admired from anywhere on the inside.
The azure sea is 86 degrees in the summer months, perfect for swimming, boogie boarding, and shelling. The house is located at the border of a fishing town called
Chuburna, which is a non-tourist area and it is very quiet and private. The gentle, warm ocean is inviting and refreshing.
The cooling ocean breeze is the perfect air conditioner. Enjoy coffee or a cold drink sitting out in the terrace, take a stroll on the beach, read a book or just relax in hammock all day long.
You hardly find a house so fantastic....!!!!
We own three beach front houses in this area, and we rent all three.
Please see the other houses:
La Tintinki, Casa Huul Kiin and Casita de la luna You're not going to find better homes in the area.
Also my parents have 2 homeas at the same area : La casita de Chelem and La casa del Xix, both are amizing
The town of Chelem description:
Chelem is a small fishing town with a calm environment which makes it the ideal place to relax and enjoy the sea. Chelem is known for its sandy streets, coconut palm trees, and a multitude of animal life including flamingos, ducks, pelicans, herons, and at the end of a rainy day, dolphins are know to appear across the horizon.
At lunch time in town, you can enjoy fried or steamed fish or any other type of fresh seafood that you can imagine.
For dessert you can enjoy pie and pudding made from the freshest of coconuts.
Chelem has a bakery, pharmacy, 4 tortilla factories for fresh daily tortillas, several small grocery stores, hardware stores for all your household and fishing needs, a cell tower to stay in touch with home as well as internet cafes in nearby Progreso.
Will definitely come back!
we're so glad you enjoyed Chelem, Progreso and your stay with us.
We look forward to see you again next year if fits into your travel plans.
Thanks again and hugs to your beautiful daughter
Lizette and family
About the Owner
We are a family not a travel agency. We were born in Mérida, only 30 minutes to chelem. When I was growing my parents taught me to enjoy the beach during the summers
Guestbook comments from the manager
Lo siento por contestar tarde, hemos estado muy ocupados en los trabajos.
La verdad que se echa de menos ahora el clima de Mexico, aquí en Suecia hace -5 grados...
Aquí te pondremos algunos comentarios sobre la casa:
La casa es muy bonita y cómoda, con piscina y playa privada. La cocina esta muy bien equipada, los lavabos reformados y la dueña es muy simpática. El pueblo de Chelem, por lo menos en temporada baja, es muy tranquilo, casi solitario, así que es un buen destino si realmente quieres paz y tranquilidad. La playa tiene muchas caracolas y es un poquito descuidada, pero preciosa para dar paseos por la atardecer.
Y en ingles también:
The house is very pretty and comfortable, with private pool and beach. The kitchen is well equipped, the bathrooms reformed and the owner is very sympathetic. The village of Chelem, at least in the low season, is very tranquil, almost solitary, so it is a great place if you really want peace and quite. The beach has lots of seashells and is not very well kept, however absolutely beautiful for long walks in the sunset.
Bueno, gracias de nuevo por la hospitalidad en su casa.
Un abrazo fuerte,
Klara y Luis
(18 traveler reviews)
Will definitely come back!
La Tintinki is located in a quiet area with a gorgeous view of the ocean and is in close proximity to Chelem and Progreso. The house is very clean and neat and has everything you need in order to enjoy your time in Mexico. Lizette makes you feel as though her home is your home and provides you with plenty of information on local attractions, restaurants and even bike rentals. I would definitely recommend this home!
Great home on the beach!
All three homes in this small compound (two beachfront and one a minute walk away) were perfect for me and my friends. Comfortable but not too elegant, with plenty of amenities, very close to Chelem, Chuburna, and Progreso. The family who owns the property is very friendly and helpful, always looking for ways to improve their guests' experience.
3rd Great Stay!
Another fantastic stay! Lizette was there to meet us as usual. She was very responsive to any need or question. The home is absolutely delightful. Shelling on the beach is incredible. We find the area charming. I would recommend this home!
The property is very nice and spaceous.
The property is very nice. Also the swimmingpool.
The sea is right in fromt of you.
The beach is not always nice. A lot of rubbish washes ashore. Also a pity that there are a lot of abandoned houses around the property. We liked our stay very much though and visited a lot of nice places, like Mérida, the Chichèn Itza Temple and the flamengo's. The house is fine!
Beautiful Home on the Beach
Wow what a fantastic beach house for a great get-away! Beautifully furnished right on the beach with a pool. You cannot ask for more. Less than 5 minutes from Chelem with some great restaurants and 15 minutes to the larger port city of Progreso. Lizette and Gino, the owners, are so nice they make you feel like family. Great time, great place - cannot wait to go back!!!
We loved this house. It was so comfortable with two big bedrooms, beautiful beach, awesome pool and large patio. In such a great location, far enough from town to be quiet but close enough to zip in for anything, 5 minutes from Chelem, 10 to progreso and 30 to merida. We'll be back for sure! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us.
From the Owner
“Casa Tintinki was purchased to fullfill our dream : our kids ( we have 4)to grouw up enjoying the beach and the sea...and we did it! Now their are studygn their careers, but we have wonderful memories of great moments in this house so we want other families to enjoy this wonderful home”
Activity and Interests
La Playa de Chelem or Costa Azul restaurants offer a
comfortable dinner option.
For those interested in taking in the natural beauty of this area, a
trip to Isla Pajaros, or Bird Island, is the perfect way to tour the
mangrove that is home to an abundance of wildlife, includingturtles,
flamingos, ducks and many species of crabs. At the end of this short
tour,don't forget to enjoy the crystal clear waters of Isla Pajaros.
The trip takes approximately and hour and a half and leaves the Port
of Chelem every day of the year.
Progreso is a 15 minute drive. It has a beautiful sea-wall with
restaurants overlooking the 5 mile longest pier in the world.
MÃ©rida is a 30 minute drive. The most beautiful colonial city in
MÃ©xico, it is known as the white city not only for its many white
limestone buildings, but because itÂ´s streets, plazas and parks
are cleaned daily. You will find familiar conveniences at Costco,
SamÂ´s Club, Wall Mart, Fridays, Subway. You can go shopping at the
mall, go dancing until dawn, and there are VIP movie theater and
museums. You can take a city tour in a horse and buggy and see the
grand colonial architecture which dates back to the 1500Â´s.
Uaymitun is a 20 minute drive. It is a flamingo sanctuary where you
can watch these magnificent pink birds in their natural habitat. The
flamingo sanctuary wetlands are along the Gulf Coast.It is a unique
shallow water sanctuary where freshwater from cenotes(natural wells)
blend with salt water, creating the perfect feeding grounds for
Celestun is a national wild life refuge and is a 1 1/2 hour drive.
Touring this area on a boat is relaxing and rewarding.
Dzibichaltun is a 25 minute drive. This Mayan site is a national
park and it is 9 miles north of
Merida, along the road to Progreso. Here you will find Mayan ruins,
nature trails, a cenote and the Museum of the Maya People, one of
the most comprehensive museums in Yucatan.
Chichen Itza is a 2 1/2 hour drive. It is considered one of the 7
Wonders of the World. It is the largest Mayan ruin in YucatÃ¡n. Not
to be missed.
Valladolid is 25 miles from Chichen Itza. It is a quiet charming
colonial town with a pleasant Main Plaza. Here you will see the
majority of the townspeople still using the typical dress of the
Maya. It features two very important cenotes that are good for
Uxmal is 50 miles south from MÃ©rida. It is smaller than Chichen
Itza. Its architecture, some of the most majestic of the Yucatan
ruins, is characterized by low horizontal palaces set around
courtyards, decorated with rich sculptural elements and details.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter Low season
Sep 1 2016 - Dec 15 2016
6 night minimum stay
Winter High Season
Dec 16 2016 - Jan 5 2017
6 night minimum stay
Jan 6 2017 - Apr 7 2017
7 night minimum stay
Holy & Easter Weeks
Apr 8 2017 - Apr 23 2017
14 night minimum stay
Summer Low Season
Apr 24 2017 - Jun 30 2017
7 night minimum stay
Summer High Season
Jul 1 2017 - Aug 31 2017
30 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
Weekly Rate: $400 - $700
* Internet available upon request = $45 usd per month or $30 usd per 1 or 2 weeks
September to December 15
$ 510 usd per week (A/C not included)
$ 620usd per week (A/C included)
$1,666 per month (A/C not
$1,930 per month (A/C included)
December 15- January 5th
$785per week (A/C not included)
$876 per week (A/C included)
January 6 - April 7 th,2017
$803 USD per week (A/C not included)
$ 869 USD per week (A/C included)
$2,500 USD per month (A/C not included).Special Rate Discount
$2,832 USD per month (A/C included).Special Rate Discount.
Carnaval week february 26 - March 5 2014 ** Carnaval de Mérida 2014 **
$ 682 per week (A/C not included)
$822 per week (A/C included)
**Holy week and Easter week ** April 8th to 23rdh, 2017
$ 900 usd per week (A/C not included)
$ 950 usd per week (A/C included)
April 4th - June,2016
$ 665 per week (A/C not included)
$ 710 per week (A/C included)
$2,395 USD per month (A/C not included).Special Rate Discount
$2500 USD per month (A/C included).Special Rate Discount.
July and August , 2016 rentals are per month only
$3360 usd (A/C not included)
$3600 usd (A/C included)
Security deposit $100 usd
Reservation: 50% to secure your
reservation, payments are made through Paypal .
Welcome gift- 2 t-shirts with the logo!
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Beach View
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Outdoor Grill
- La Tintinki vacation rental amenities: La Tintinki is a Mayan word that means something that is great or the best, and it is for this very reason that we have chosen this name for this house which is located in the town of Chelem right on the beach with a great Mayan pool with LEDS lights and plenty of space. Next to the pool has a Barbacue!! This house was designed by Arch. Mauricio Pinto for his sister. It has Ticul floors and Martelindadas columns, perfect for hanging a ham mock to enjoy the cool afternoon breeze with a cold drink and a great snack. The interior of the house includes a living room with a TV, DVD, sky (similar to HBO), stereo, and Rattan furniture. A dining room table that seats 6,the wall of the dining room is decorated with carved wooden masks carefully carft YucatÃ¡n! Also wooden tree zapote, typical of the region, a credenza decorated with stars, shells and snails. The kitchen with an excellent view of the beach. It is complete with refrigerator,stove with 6 burners and oven, microwave,blender,coffe pot,toaster,dishes,glasses,utensils,spaciouscupboards and breakfast bar. There are 2 bedrooms in LA TINTINKI: The first room has twin size beds, ceiling fans, closet, bathroom, and ocean view. The second room has a king size bed, a ceiling fan, closet, bathroom and air conditioner.With an excellent view of the coconut palms typical of the region And now with a new terrace to enjoy a beautiful garden with palm trees!!!! There are linens and towels. Both bedrooms have hooks for hanging hammocks, and there are 2 hammocks on the property. The back side of the house has a one car garage and a garden of palm trees where you can enjoy the cool evenings. The azure sea is 86 degrees in the summer months, perfect for swimming, boogie boarding, and shelling. The house is located at the border of a fishing town called Chuburna, which is a non-tourist area and it is very quiet and private. The gentle, warm ocean is inviting and refreshing. The cooling ocean breeze is the perfect air conditioner Enjoy coffee or a cold drink sitting out in the terrace, take a stroll on the beach, read a book or just relax in a hammock all day long. We own three beach front houses in this area, and we rent all three. Please see the other houses "LA CASITA DE CHELEM" and " LA CASA DEL XIX" and now another house " CASA HUUL KIIN" The town of Chelem description: Chelem is a small fishing town with a calm environment which makes it the ideal place to relax and enjoy the sea. Chelem is known for its sandy streets, coconut palm trees, and a multitude of animal life including flamingos, ducks, pelicans, herons, and at the end of a rainy day, dolphins are known to appear across the horizon. The lunch time in town, you can enjoy fried or steamed fish or any other type of fresh seafood that you can imagine. For dessert you can enjoy pie and pudding made from the freshest of coconuts. Chelem has a bakery, pharmacy, 4 tortilla factories for fresh daily tortillas, several small grocery stores, hardware stores for all your household and fishing needs, a cell tower to stay in touch with home as well as internet cafes in nearby Progreso.