House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, Maximum of eight (8) guests allowed
Beautiful Lake George waterfront home built in 2008. Approximately 2,100 sq, ft. with central air conditioning/heat, town water and sewer. Fully furnished including all dishes, silverware, pots/pans, coffee maker, toaster oven, vacuum cleaner (2), brooms, mop, wastebaskets, linens, towels, bed spreads, area rugs, lamps and wall decorations. All the comforts of home! Located on the shores of Lake George in a 10-unit homeowners association, only two blocks from the center of town which includes a Grand Union grocery store, Ron's Harware and Community Liquors along with several fine restaurants and diners plus interesting shops and boutiques. Quiet, secluded setting among the tall pines. Includes on-premise docking for up to a 25-foot boat and trailer storage. The house is located just a short walk across the bridge to the world-famous Sagamore Hotel.
BEST Vacation Spot Ever!
About the Owner
About Buzz & Cheryl Lamb
We are a retired coupe in our 60's and have been married for 40 years. We built the house brand new in 2008 and it has only been used as a summer rental. We live in the house next door to the rental house, so we will be neighbors while you are here.
Buzz & Cheryl Lamb purchased this house in 2008
Why Buzz & Cheryl Lamb chose Lake George Area
We have lived in Bolton Landing during the summer since we got married in 1975. We spend the winters in sunny (and warm) South Florida but we always call Lake George 'home'. The house is located conveniently in-town but is tucked back in the woods away from any street noise. You can walk to the grocery store, several restaurants and numerous shops on Main Street.
What makes this house unique
All of our guests love the unobstructed 3-mile view into Northwest Bay. Morning coffee on the deck is always a hit and cooking lunch or dinner on the grill in the side yard is a favorite as well. You can dangle your feet in the crystal clear waters of Lake George while sitting on the swim-dock on our beach, enjoying the fresh mountain air of the Adirondacks. It doesn't get any better than this!
(2 traveler reviews)
BEST Vacation Spot Ever!
Our week at Vista View was the BEST vacation that our family has had in many years. The home is very comfortable, well-appointed and perfectly situated in proximity to Lake George, and to the town of Bolton Landing. Cheryl and Buzz gave great attention to detail in everything from the décor of the home to the comfort of the beds. Abundant towels and kitchen appliances made the week feel like "home". Buzz and Cheryl were very hospitable hosts as well. They offered great tips on what to see around the lake. Our grandchildren loved the sheltered and private beach area, including the very clear water. We have wonderful memories of our stay at "Vista View", and intend to make it our family's lodging spot on Lake George as often as we can.
Great house, great location!
The Lake House is spacious, well furnished and extraordinarily clean and comfortable. One of the best features is the front porch, a great place for casual meals or for relaxing in Adirondack chairs while enjoying a lovely view of the lake.
It's an easy stroll into Bolton Landing, a charming little town with some great restaurants, shopping and the all-important Ben & Jerry's. We were a few minutes away from the grocery store and could walk to the local library for internet access. We were even able to walk to pick up our rental boat.
We were traveling with a ten-month old, so it was great having a pack-&-play and highchair available for our use. There was a nice grassy area leading up to the beach. The beach was somewhat small - but shallow and sandy, so great for kids. It was also very close to a public marina/ boat launch. The adults would have preferred a more open area for swimming.
The owners were welcoming and helpful. It was obvious that they were willing to do whatever they could to ensure that their guests were comfortable and happy in the rental. They even provided a generator during a brief power outage and mailed some forgotten baby clothes back to us.
From the Owner
“We have lived in Bolton Landing during the summer since we got married in 1975. We spend the winters in sunny (and warm) South Florida but we always call Lake George 'home'. The house is located conveniently in-town but is tucked back in the woods away from any street noise. You can walk to the grocery store, several restaurants and numerous shops on Main Street.”
Activity and Interests
The towns of Bolton Landing, Diamond Point, Hague and other communities surrounding the lake are both interesting and unique and have plenty of activities to enjoy. Quaint little shops and restaurants line the streets and a more relaxed atmosphere prevails. Many prefer this slower-paced way of life. On the other hand, Lake George Village (9 miles to the south) offers a bustling village setting with a variety of activities available. Within a three block area in the Village you can rent a boat, go aloft on a parasail, take a tour boat cruise, play miniature golf, hit the arcades, take a horsedrawn carriage ride, visit a Revolutionary War fort, sunbathe on the beach or shop for souvenirs.
Several well marked New York State trails within 10 miles including Tongue Mountain, Cat Mountain, Prospect Mountain and the Pinnacle. Maps available in the house.
The famous Donald Ross designed Sagamore Golf Course is located two miles from the house. Within a 15 mile radius there are over 15 public courses available for play.
Fishing & Swimming:
Bring your own boat or charter one locally. Two charter boats within walking distance.
Gradual sloping sandy beach swimming area (no Life Guard provided) on property
Three marinas with hourly, daily and weekly rentals available located two blocks from the house. Rent a boat and keep it at our dock. (up to 25 foot)
Six Flags “ The Great Escape is a half-hour drive away. Magic Forest is perfect for the younger crowd. Water Slide World is wet & wild and only 15 minutes away. The Fun Spot and Skateland are equally close to home and add to the fun. Two multi-screen cinemas nearby (30 minute drive). Adirondack Extreme Adventure 2 miles away.
Ballet and Concerts:
Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) has performances during the summer by the New York City Ballet, the Philadelphia Orchestra along with various rock and jazz concerts (45 minute drive). Glens Falls Civic Center offers varied concerts and entertainment all year long (30 minute drive).
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
Weekly Rate: $4400 - $4400
Weekly = $4,000. (Saturday 4 pm to Saturday 11 am)
Annual Lease(net,net) = $75,000.
Full Season (May 15 - Oct 15) = $60,000.
Abbreviated Season (June 15 - Sept 15) = $40,000.
Saratoga Thouroughbred Racing Season = $30,000.
Monthly = $15,000.
50% non-refundable deposit due upon signing the rental agreement. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival. $1,000 security deposit due upon your arrival.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“All of our guests love the unobstructed 3-mile view into Northwest Bay. Morning coffee on the deck is always a hit and cooking lunch or dinner on the grill in the side yard is a favorite as well. You can dangle your feet in the crystal clear waters of Lake George while sitting on the swim-dock on our beach, enjoying the fresh mountain air of the Adirondacks. It doesn't get any better than this!”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, First Floor - Master Bath w/Jaccuzzi tub and tile shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Second Floor
- Half Bathroom - toilet, First Floor - located just off L/R & D/R area
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, First Floor Master Bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, First Floor Guest Bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, Second Floor Guest Bedroom with lakeview
- Bedroom 4 - 2 twin/ single, Second Floor Guest Bedroom (Great for kids ... and adults)
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Covered, pressure-treated 12' X 16' deck with un-obstructed view of Lake George. Four Adirondack Chairs and a round glass-top table with four web chairs to enjoy the view. First floor Great Room has a propane gas-fired fireplace and a 37' LCD HDTV with two comfortable couches and an over-stuffed easy chair. Formal dining area located adjacent to the Great Room with a side door to outside. Gas grill with utensils and picnic table with a market umbrella and two benches next to a three-step landing. Ceramic tiled half-bath (sink & toilet) located just off the dining area. Large suitcase storage area located under the landing leading to the second floor. Fully equipped kitchen: double sink with disposal, dishwasher, microwave, gas oven and range, 21 cu. ft. refrigerator freezer w/icemaker, large storage pantry. First floor Master Bedroom, king-size bed, large 6' X 10' walk-in closet, dresser and night stands and a 26' LCD TV. Additional storage closet conatining a washing machine and clothes dryer, iron & ironing board. Master Bathroom with double sink vanity, whirlpool hot tub, free-form tile shower and enclosed toilet area. First floor Bedroom #2, queen size bed, 22' LCD TV, large closet, dresser and nightstand. Open stairway leads to the second floor balcony/reading area overlooking the Great Room. Second floor Bedroom #3 with two twin beds, two dressers nightstand and a large closet, 19' LCD TV. Second floor Bedroom #4 with queen size bed, dresser, 19' LCD TV, nightstands and large closet. Un-ubstructed view of the lake from this bedroom. Second floor bathroom with full tub/shower, single sink and toilet. Basic cable TV provided(no premium channels). No phone service. Nine foot ceilings and crown molding on first floor. Vaulted ceiling in Great Room. Un-covered parking for two vehicles alongside house. MAXIMUM 8 PERSONS (including overnight guests). ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING and NO PETS ALLOWED!