Studio Condo with Kitchen and Bath, Sleeps 2
This is a beautiful, modern, NON-SMOKING, studio condo with separate bath and fully furnished kitchen located just 50 yards from the beach at the east end of Waikiki. Our condo is on the 7th floor of the 10-story Waikiki Grand Hotel with a nice view of the mountains out the main condo windows and a partial view of the ocean from the front door. The 10th floor sundeck offers panoramic views of dramatic Diamond Head, peaceful Kapiolani Park, and the beautiful palm-covered Waikiki beach.
We call our unit 'The Artist's Pad' because of its artistic design, colorful decor, and numerous art pieces on the walls. All the lights in the kitchen and living room area are dimmable for romantic ambiance. The kitchen features dramatic lighting, New England soapstone countertops, and raised glass for eating. The main room is tiled with Travertine, has wall-to-wall glass windows and curtains for privacy. The unit is equipped with air conditioning, a 32" flat-screen wall-mounted TV, and free internet.
- Sleeping Options: The unit has a very comfortable queen-size bed and a full size sofa bed. Bed linens are provided for your convenience. We have extra pillows, bed linens and blankets in the closet in case you need them.
- Dining Options: Our kitchen is fully equipped with glass top burners, coffee maker, toaster, microwave oven, rice cooker, slow cooker, two mini-refrigerators, and dishwasher. Our kitchen is complete with pots and pans, dishes, utensils and all the glassware you need.
- Bathing Options: The bathroom has a full size tub and shower. It has a stainless steel, state-of-the-art sink and faucet. Bath towels and beach towels are provided during your stay for your convenience.
- Entertainment Options: In addition to the flat screen TV, we also have a blue-ray DVD player and some movies, also a stereo CD/radio/blue-tooth player. Just bring your own CDs or blue-tooth compatible device. A small library of local Hawaiian CDs is also available for your listening enjoyment.
- Communication Equipment: FREE high-speed internet connection is provided (Wi-Fi). All you need is your laptop or mobile device.
A wonderful stay.
About the Owner
We both lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 30+ years. We purchased our condo in 2008 as an investment and a place to stay when we came to visit our young grandson. We enjoyed it so much we moved here in 2013, however it is not large enough for year around living so we rent it out as a vacation rental and now live just a few miles away in a small two bedroom house.
Guestbook comments from the owner
“Thanks for letting us stay at your condo, we had a wonderful time. I loved the location. I will definitely recommend your unit if I know of anyone traveling to Waikiki.”
4.9 based on 34 traveler reviews
A wonderful stay.
Such a wonderful stay! Excellent communication with Brad; superbly located for swimming; beautifully clean, quiet and well outfitted condo; great wifi. The bonus was the rooftop terrace at dusk. We enjoyed our 6 days and wouldn't hesitate to book again in the future.
Dreaming of return trip!
Love this place, it's my favorite condo in Waikiki! This was my 7th stay in the Grand and 4th stay in Brad and Lorie's fun, quirky, perfectly equipped condo.
If you love the beach and you also love to cook, you cannot find a better spot on Oahu than "Trendy". My daughter and grandson and my sister were in two other units at the Grand this time but everyone loved to gather in our unit. The Grand accommodated our two big SUP boards and this condo had everything else we needed. Load up at Safeway when you get in so you can make and eat your own healthy meals. Take your coffee or cocktail up to the roof to check the waves, it's a spectacular way to start and end your day.
The bed here is divine, the bathroom and kitchen are totally efficient and feel spacious, the colors and decor make everyone smile, the night view of city and mountains is incredible, the romantic lighting is on dimmers, the cooling breeze on that side of the building is heavenly! The new air conditioner works incredibly well too, but we just loved leaving the big windows open to let in that fabulous breeze all evening long. Never turned on the TV but noticed it was new and larger. Wifi reliable and fast and the new keyless entry made it oh so easy to come and go. I wore a bathing suit, sarong and flip flops for a week. Fun to hear the tropical birds and those monkeys chattering at the zoo across the street. Occasionally heard the roar of a big cat. If street noise and lights bother you, just close the big, beautiful new windows, pull shut the light blocking drapes and retreat into your private nest!
Try to stay at least a week, this place is the perfect base camp for a lovely vacation. A day trip to the North Shore, Diamond Head or Haunama Bay will round out a town and country experience.
Brad and Lorie are responsive, considerate hosts and always go the extra mile for their guests. You'll leave inspired and rested!
Just as advertised but better!
I couldn't be happier with the condo and our stay here! It is JUST as advertised, CLEAN and has everything you need and more! The location is amazing- great access to everything. Our hosts were friendly, responsive and provided all the information and amenities you will need. The hotel and staff is also great... it's a small property but quaint, warm and welcoming! We'll definitely be back... Loved it!! :)
Kerri H.- Highlands Ranch, CO
The studio was perfect for our five day stay in Waikiki! Every amenity you could think of!
We loved the location, the views from the studio and the rooftop. It was clean and comfortable and an extra plus was getting a chance to meet and chat with Lorie and Brad when we checked in! We would definitely stay again!
Exactly As Described
We enjoyed our stay! Unit contained everything we needed, and it was clean and in a good location.
From the Owner
“This property is great because it is so close to the beach and sits on the boundary between the natural and urban environments. Kapahulu Avenue is the dividing line between the urban Waikiki Beach strip to the west and the natural Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head area to the east. Our condo is a great place to get the best of both worlds.”
Activity and Interests
- The beautiful white sands and palm trees of Waikiki Beach are only 50 yards away.
- The Kapiolani Regional Park is just across the street stretching from our building to Diamond Head with acres of green, beautiful park for strolling, relaxing, picnicking, or jogging.
- Honolulu Zoo is also just across the street in the park.
- The Honolulu Aquarium is located in the park by the beach a few blocks walk away.
- Short walks down along the Waikiki 'strip' take you to a multitude of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife.
- Just two blocks behind our building is Kuhio Avenue with constant bus service running the length of Waikiki including major bus routes that take you to Ala Moana Shopping Center, Pearl Harbor, Hanauma Bay, and other major attractions.
- Approximately 1/2 mile up Kapahulu Avenue from our building is a large Safeway grocery store and shopping center for extensive grocery shopping needs.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Cleaning fee $150 for stays of three weeks or longer.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Our unit is colorful and unique with artistic touches and character, and only 50 yards from the beach.”
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Elevator ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- coin laundry
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 360 sq. ft.
- Bathtub and shower, modern fixtures, artistic and colorful.
- Studio, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Queen bed and sofa hide-a-bed.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- GENERAL: - Air-conditioned one-room studio with separate bath and kitchen. - Furnished with Queen size bed and sofa with fold out hide-a-bed. - Travertine-tiled floors and floor-to-ceiling glass windows with some sliding open. - Wall-to-wall curtains (with black-out liners). - Dresser drawers and some closet space available for storage. - Entire unit is colorful and artistically painted. - Clean towels, linens, blankets, and pillows plus extra linens and blankets provided. KITCHEN: - Two under-cabinet refrigerators. - Two-burner glass countertop stove. - Deep stainless steel sink. - Full-feature built-in microwave oven. - Coffee maker, toaster, rice-cooker, slow-cooker and magic bullet blender. - Full assortment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, silverware, and cooking utensils. BATH: - Full-size bathtub and shower. - Toilet. - Stainless steel raised sink with wall faucet. - Tiled vanity with small storage cabinet. - Window that can be opened for ventilation. - Clean bath and hand towels provided. ENTERTAINMENT: - FREE cable on 32" wall-mounted LCD flat-screen TV. - Stereo CD Player/radio/Blue-tooth. - FREE internet via high-speed Wi-Fi. - Most lights in unit are dimmable for ambience. BUILDING: - Our unit is on the 7th floor, above most of the street level noise. - Top floor (10th) has tiled sun deck with lounge chairs (with beautiful panoramic views) and is available for use by all guests. - Two high-speed elevators. - Ground-floor, open-air lobby with lounge chairs, tables, front desk, and airline reservation kiosk. - Luggage carts for taking luggage up to rooms. - Small outdoor pool and patio area (limited sun exposure). - 'Hula' bar on 2nd floor with food available. - 'Teddy's Bigger Burgers' restaurant on the ground floor next to lobby. - Some parking is available on the ground floor for $18/day, and short-term parking is available at the Zoo parking lot across the street for $1 per hour. Parking at The Banyan (2 blks from the building) is $80/week or $15/day. RESTAURANTS NEARBY: (within 1/2 block radius) - Teddy's Bigger Burgers (downstairs off lobby) - Starbucks coffee shop (on corner across from beach) - Subway sandwiches - Wolfgang Puck 'mini' restaurant - The Cookie Factory