|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
9702 W Silver Lake Road Mears Michigan 49436
TWO THINGS TO NOTE:
1) ~ RATES - LISTED HERE ! ! ! ! ~ SCROLL DOWN CLICK "MORE DETAILS"
2) CLICK "Rates and Availability" above to see Calendar. The Grey color is not available.
I suggest Email me direct email@example.com Please before you Pay HomeAway.
Two Bedrooms. One has a Double bed with firm Sealy mattress. Bedroom two has Bunk beds, the lower is a double, the upper a single.
Living Room has Two Couches.
Kitchen features Electric range with oven, 20 Cu Ft Refrigerator, Microwave, Mr Coffee - Coffee Maker, Pots and Pans, Griddle, lots of cups, plates, silverware.
Bath is small 3/4 bath with shower. The Water Heater is under the sink and is about 10 gallons so no Hollywood showers.
TV - no cable. 2 Channels High Definition CBS and FOX 22' flat screen w/ DVD . I include a few family movies for guests. The desk in the LR has a few board games. Scrabble, cards,checkers, and monopoly. Want to watch TV on vacation ? Silver Sands Hotel $250 a night will be happy to rent you one room.
There is a vacuum , a couple brooms, and a few cleaning products.
Charcoal Grill, a couple fishing poles but no guarantees on condition. Guests mess them up.
Wood stove for heat. 3 Fans , No Air. The Cottage is in the shade , being 2/3 mile from Lake Michigan , generally air temperatures are 10 degrees cooler than inland 10 miles.
Fire pit on road side plus one by the water. State land across channel for free fire wood or several places in area sell bundles starting at $3.
There are 5 Deck chairs, a couple beach chairs under the bunk beds.
14' Sea Nymph Aluminum row boat and oars included with optional HONDA 5 HP Outboard. ($75 per stay for the outboard ). Coleman Canoe and paddles included. 4 coast guard approved flotation Seat cushions and a Four life vests (3 are kids sizes) .
Note – to rent a 14' aluminum with little motor at Wave Club on Silver Lake it is $125 a day. update. Wave Club stopped renting Aluminum boats. Now they rent paddle boards. Good luck with that.
Vacation Rentals changed all their software for 2015 and has limited characters.
I cannot get all my weeks and prices published on the main page.
RATES JUNE JULY AUGUST Are Weekly Rents.
FRIDAY 1 PM check in to FRIDAY 11 AM Check Out.
I will rent 3 day weekends in May , September and October. 2017 RATES HERE
All May Weekends ~ ~ RESERVED
Memoriial Weekend $400 RESERVED
June 2- June 9 $500 RESERVED
June 9 - June 16 $650
June 16 - June 23 $720 RESERVED
June 23 - June 30 $820
June 30 - July 7 $1100 RESERVED
July 7th - July 14th $1000 RESERVED
July 14th - July 21 $1000 RESERVED
July 21 - July 28 $1000
July 28 to August 4 $1000 ~~~RESERVED
August 4th - August 11th $840
August 11th - August 18th $800
August 18th to August 25th $750 --- RESERVED
August 25 - September 1 $600 .
Sept Labor Day weekend 3 Nights Min $100 a night.
Post labor day $90 a night 3 night minimum. Rents Go to end of October or
first hard freeze. Internet is shut off November 1st
Shoot me a message with desired dates and I will shoot you a
price. Vacation rentals.com was bought out and everything changed. not user friendly, my customers get emails I do not send, and the web sight wants to charge guests about 8% more in case the owner/property manager is a fraud or double books. Feel free to pay them or me. as of September 2016 all guests have paid me direct.
Born and Raised in Shelby MI 15 minutes from Silver Lake.
Graduated GVSU 1978. Licensed Realtor and property manager since 1978. Married since 1981, two daughters and one grandson.
Steve Danville firstname.lastname@example.org purchased this cottage in 1978
I grew up in Oceana County. As soon as we turned 16 and could drive, Silver Lake was the place to go in the Summer. I noted most cottage owners were 40-70 years old or older. Not wanting to wait, I bought my cottage asap in 1977 when I was 23. Lots on Silver Lake Water Front were and still are cost prohibitive for me, however on the silver lake channel I could afford. My kids have their best memories
of the summers at this cottage as well and many of their friends.
I appreciate my paying guests that pay my property taxes and insurance for us.
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes are one of the best places to
be in the World ....for my money anyway.
copy and paste from email sent 8/31/2016
I just wanted to thank you again! We didn't want to leave. The kids said that this was their best vacation ever. I hope we left everything looking okay because we would love to come back!
This cottage is perfect and cozy! The kids had so much to do from taking the canoe fishing up and down the channel to riding the boat over to the sand dunes. Less than 5 minutes away from Lake Michigan and an awesome view from the top of the lighthouse. The sand dunes offer hours of fun but the best memories our family made were hanging out on the dock fishing and sitting around the campfire! Thanks!!
Our extended family rents along the Michigan coast from South Haven to Traverse City. Pentwater and the Silver Lake Sand dunes areas are
the best for clean sandy beeches. Steve provided all we needed to
get to the dunes. Kids life jackets supplied, descent aluminum boat and
the kids used the canoe daily. Water was okay ( taste ). appliances worked as they should . ( no washing machine or dryer )... the cottage was clean. Yes, we had to broom the spider webs off the deck and deck chairs in the morning, if you want to be in the woods by the water it is more like camping than staying in a 5 star hotel. One rainy day kept us inside and we had 1 or 2 channels on tv that worked... just like when I was a kid. It would be nice is the area had more bike trails. Over all the family had a good time, the boys a blast. They pitched a tent one night across the creek on the state land. Mother worried. I didnt. Vacation is what you make it. We had a good experience.
* Location, location, location (but I think that is ALL you are paying for). 1/4 mile along canal to Silver Lake and 1.5 mile drive to Lake Michigan. The price of cottage itself is not a good value.
* Excellent communication and responses from Steve.
* Bed sheets were clean.
* Fridge and freezer worked great.
* Tap water tasted good.
* Nature -- must be a drought because canal was as shallow as 5 inches in many parts. We literally had to get out of boat in several places and pull it to the opening of lake. We paid extra for the motor, but since it was such a hassle to get to lake by rowing and wading, we only went out twice. Again, so shallow, there were nothing but 1-2" little fishes swimming around, so no fishing either.
* Per website description, I was expecting humble accomodations (which they were), but I also expected comfortable and clean (which cottage was not). I also expected everything to work, which did not.
* Steve warned of a small water heater. Hot water was the least of our problems. (We had hot water all week). The problem was no water pressure! By the third day we had ZERO water. My husband had to open/close the valve to dilapidated water pump for over an hour which is exposed to the elements and LITERALLY cobbled together with (interior) plumbers putty, plastic grocery bag wrapped around pipe with duct tape and dangerous, exposed wires (not in conduit).
* IMO very little investment in property since 1978. Again, I expected humble, but everything is just cobbled together in a cheap and/or tacky fashion. IMO, there is no reason for an ancient stove/oven. Both the burners and the oven worked intermittently. One night I cooked a pizza and the oven worked great. The next night it would not get past (guessing) 250 degrees and it took over an hour for a semi cooked pizza. Front right burner worked one day and then not the next.
* Cabin is set up to accomodate a family and yet there is no where to enjoy a meal together. (Investing in a picnic table would be nice). There is a table inside with four chairs, but cottage so small, only three can sit really.
* We were greeted by the front of the house with one broken (pieces chipped off), plastic Adirondack chair in front that was filthy with dirt.
* Every single porch chair was dirty with dirt and cob webs behind them.
* Charcoal grill was so dirty that we put a sheet of foil on top when we used it.
Steve was great at communication leading up to the rental and during the stay. It is a nice place, great view and the boys loved fishing there in the mornings. The canoe was great and well used by us every day. The kitchen is small but adequate and we cooked over 3/4 of our meals at the cabin. The main reason with a couple minor reasons I gave it a four instead of a five: Main: There are not doors on the bedrooms....just curtains. Vacationing with a toddler: nap times earlier bed time....you need doors. And is was not made clear that this was the case. Minor: it hasn't had a deep clean this year for sure lots of dust and musty smells.....
It was a nice stay and very relaxing. The main reason as I said is there aren't doors.
Just got back from a wonderful long weekend at this cabin location was great u r right on the canal which is beautiful the canoe and row boat were awesome will definitely b going back next year thanks Steve
My family just returned yesterday from a week at Silver Lake. We found this rental to be just as described - nothing fancy, but absolutely perfect for a week of dropping out and relaxing. Highlights of the week included the typical Silver Lake activities, but we especially enjoyed the visits and sightings of wildlife along the channel. We saw a swan family, several ducks, an otter, an eagle, a raccoon, and a couple turtles, not to mention the fish. The owner of the cottage was readily accessible, and answered all of my questions beforehand to ensure that we were all set for the week. We took the canoe out a few times, and used the rowboat with motor to get to and from the dunes. Would definitely return; this was a great vacation!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 15th email me
May 12 2017 - Jun 2 2017
2 night minimum stay
June Email Me for quote
Jun 3 2017 - Jun 29 2017
7 night minimum stay
JULY weeks vary email me
Jun 30 2017 - Jul 7 2017
7 night minimum stay
EMAIL ME FOR RATES
Aug 1 2017 - Aug 31 2017
7 night minimum stay
.Post Labor Day Email me $90
Sep 1 2017 - Oct 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
HERE ARE ALL THE RATES
Vacationrental.com for 2015 Changed all there software and it is not user friendly. Not enough characters to finish my
Friday to Friday.
6/5 - 6/12 $500
6/12 - 6/19 $550
6/19 - 6/26 $600
6/26 - 7/3 $800
7/3 - 7/10 $1200
7/10 7/17 $900
7/17 7/24 $950
7/24 7/31 $950
7/31 8/7 $800
8/7 8/14 $700
8/14 8/21 $600
8/21 8/28 $550
8/28 9/4 $500
9/4 9/11 $500 labor day
NOTE - There is a Calendar on this page to check available Dates. Upper right on main page.
7 Nights. Check in Fridays 1 PM . Check Out Friday 11 AM sharp.
$200 damage/deposit. Over 90% of the time 100% refunded.