House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday.
This two-story, single-family home sits on a quiet street just 500 ft from the beach! Beach access is a straight walk down North Carolina Avenue, and takes just two minutes! Features include central a/c, dishwasher, microwave, full size refrigerator with icemaker, blender, washer/dryer, Wireless Internet, 3 Cable TVs, DVD, fully equipped kitchen, front porch, large yard, and linen service(sheets and towels). Just bought a new LCD TV for the Living Room that includes wi-fi, so you can download NetFlix movies to the tv without connecting the TV to your computer.
Privacy doesn't get any better. There are few across the street, but non beside the house on either side. More importantly, if you want it quiet, you have no worries about others invading on your privacy. Two hot water heaters assure that you can take almost limitless showers without running out of hot water.
Spacious house with large bedrooms!
Sleeps 8+: Master BR 1st floor: one king bed and single bed, Second BR 2nd floor: one queen bed, Third BR 2nd floor: one single bed, 1 set of bunk beds. Both baths have shower/tub combinations.
In-Season Rates: $1350 per week
Memorial Day week (May 25 through June 1) : $1400 per week
Independence Day week (June 29 through July 6): $1450 per week
Labor Day week (August 31 through September 7) $1450 per week
full weeks only
March-May: $185 /night, minimum 3 nights or $1050/week
September -November: $165 /night, 3 night minimum $945 per week
December - February: $125 /night, 3 night minimum. $755 per week
Amazing house and location
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved the house. Thank you SO much for everything. We will definitely stay again. Great vacation!
(4 traveler reviews)
Amazing house and location
We have rented a lot of places in Carolina Beach. This was perfect. We have little kids so it was wonderful to walk into a place and not have a heart attack about all the things that could potentially be broken. It was clean, beds were comfortable and the distance to the beach was perfect. Also loved having the yard as all the kids played outside. It was an incredible family vacation and we would go back there in a heartbeat.
You can't find a nicer house!!
My husband and I have rented a LOT of rental homes for vacations in the past twenty years. I can honestly say that no other property comes close to how comfortable and clean the Hobo House is for visitors. The bathrooms are scrubbed to a shine, the kitchen was meticulous, and the bedrooms/living areas spotless. The owner graciously provides bed linens, towels, a grill, bikes, and boogie boards for the renters. The washer and dryer is a huge plus for me... I didn't have tons of laundry to do when we got home and we didn't have to pack a lot of clothes. What the pictures can't show is the neighborhood... quiet, family oriented, and peaceful. The beach is a short walking distance away. The front porch was very enjoyable as well. We would sit out on it in the evening and could hear distant waves and feel the cooler breezes. Plenty of restaurants in and out of town, Two fishing piers nearby and rental head boats/private charters are a plus for any angler. A nearby aquarium, zoo, and the USS North Carolina... great attractions for the family.
We stayed the weekend in this house and had a wonderful time! It was very clean and organized, owner was great with communication, good value for the low price!! A nice and not-too-busy beach is only 3 blocks away. Great donut shop nearby too;) We'd definitely stay here again if we are visiting the area!
Activity and Interests
Carolina Beach has it all! Fishing, golfing, water sports, dining, Aquarium, Fort Fisher Civil War site, playgrounds, parks and much more! Stay at this island vacation home and enjoy:
* Direct Public beach access: Walk just 500 feet!
* Tiki Bar that sits on the pier of the Ocean Grill restaurant: Walk less than a 1/4 mile! (You can enjoy a drink on the pier while taking in the beautiful ocean views. Throughout the summer, they have live music on the pier each weekend. Check the Ocean Grill website for live music calendars.
* State Park marina: 1.3 miles, walk or drive (Book a charter fishing trip, take a dinner cruise)
* Carolina Beach Park Lake: ¾ miles, walk or drive (Rent a surrey or pedal boat at one of the local rental shops)
* Boardwalk: 1 mile, walk or drive (Shops, amusement rides, arcade, restaurants, fresh made donuts, pizza, fireworks, puppet shows, variety of nightlife and entertainment)
* Ride your bike to the marina on the North End
* Fort Fisher Civil War site: 3.5 miles
* NC Aquarium: 4.3 miles
* Historic Wilmington: 16 miles
* Screen Gem Studios: 17 miles
* Battleship USS North Carolina: 17 miles
* Check out more attractions and see photos around town at the Carolinabeach website.
* Pizza at Frank's on the Boardwalk
* Donuts at Britt's on the Boardwalk
* Shuckin' Shack for excellent fresh shellfish!
* Sunday brunch at the SeaWitch
* Harbor Master Restaurant for a casual waterside dinner at the Marina
* Family dinner at Bowman's Seafood
* Vegetable Lasagna at Mama Mias!
* And much more!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Reservations will be held for 7 days and require a deposit of 50% of the total reservation cost. Confirmation will be mailed out showing receipt of deposit, dates of stay, and balance due. The total amount for the rental period, including a security deposit of $200, is required 45 days before arrival.
If the reservation is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment is required within one week of booking. When we have received full payment, we will send you an instruction packet with directions to the house and information about the area; keys will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to arrival date. All payment should be in the form of a personal check, cashier's check, or money order.
For cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival, a $50 fee will be retained unless the unit can be rented for that time period.
Cancellations made 60 days or closer to the arrival date will result in 50% forfeiture of money unless the unit can be rented for that time period.
Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the date of cancellation. Refunds will not be made for late arrivals or checkouts prior to the original departure date.
Lost or stolen keys will be charged to the guests at a rate of $50 per key
Pets: $100 non-refundable fee
$200.00 Dollar (refundable) security/damage deposit
NO Smoking: The security deposit will be forfeited if this is violated.
PLEASE NOTE: FOR WEEKLY RENTALS; CHECK-IN IS SATURDAY AFTER 3 PM AND CHECK-OUT SATURDAY BY 11 AM. Please ask if other arrangements are needed.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Outdoor Grill
- (3) Adult bikes and (1) child bike; ride at your own risk! Charcoal Grill, air compressor for blowing up tires or beach toys, beach chairs, toys, etc. Horseshoes and cornhole boards. Bring your own cornhole bags, though. Sheets and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach towels. Plenty of parking......