House, 4 Bedrooms, 6 Baths, Lakefront NOW FOR SALE!!!
THIS HOME IS NOW FOR SALE! PLEASE INQUIRE SOON PRIOR TO LISTING! Oak Shores Lakefront 4 bedroom 6 bath, appx 3200 square foot home! Sleeps 11 comfortably in beds. Three story home with breathtaking panoramic views of the lake, clubhouse and marina. Within walking distance to the Oak Shores marina, clubhouse and pool. The top floor is one huge great-room with kitchen, dining room and living room with a huge wrap-around deck overlooking the lake. There is a 1/2 bathroom on the top floor. The living room has a wood stove for warmth during the winter, and ambiance during the summer. The living room has a TV set with a DVD player. The middle floor has four bedrooms and four bathrooms. Three of four bedrooms are set up in a private 'master bedroom' style, with bathrooms attached! The same three bedrooms have access to the second floor deck. There is a fourth bedroom with detached fourth bathroom on the second floor. The bottom floor is a huge game room with a home-theatre and game tables, and a full bathroom. If you must do laundry while you're there, there is a full laundry room downstairs. The bottom floor also has a huge deck. There is a limit to two cars plus a boat trailer when renting my home at Oak Shores. (There is overflow parking available, please inquire) There is a exterior staircase that leads from this home to the lake, driveway to bottom of home - at this moment the water has receeded and from the bottom of the home you will walk approximately 7 homes away to reach water. There is also access to this same exterior staircase from the interior, bottom floor. There is no private dock, due to water levels. Because there is no private dock we have decreased the rate on the rent so that you can obtain a private slip for your boat, if you so choose. There are still many public slips available and during weekdays they are easily accessed. Half-way down the staircase, and adjoining the bottom floor, is an outdoor shower. You can go to lakenacimientolive -dot- com , and look at webcam #2 which is positioned on top of our roof, looking down the lake. This will give you a view of up to the minute lake levels; our very own view! Please remember this is live and cannot be seen after dusk! The public slips are the first two sets you see on this webcam#2, closest to our home. Our home is within walking distance to the clubhouse, marina, and community slips and we have a wonderful view! Once you book, your rate is guaranteed. There is still so much fun to have as the water levels are still high enough for boating, fishing, and jet-skiing!
Perfect House - Great Location, Views, Dock
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This guest writes: From the moment you drive up, you know you're on vacation! It's not a newer home, built sometime probably in the '80's, but very nicely kept up, and the rooms and bathrooms are minimally, yet tastefully decorated. All of the kitchen appliances were NEW, with the exception of the stove. All of the dishes, etc were NEW! You can't beat the location; it's in a slightly secluded cove, in the marina, right across from the clubhouse where you can walk to join the festivities. The lake was low, so we didn't have a private dock (note: private dock is right below home on 4-3-2010) but the guest docks were within walking distance, which made it very boat-user friendly. I love the views from the decks, and from the entire living/dining/kitchen area. There are plenty of windows, for plenty of view, which I love! There was seating off the bedrooms, so we had coffee on the decks right outside the bedrooms in the morning! We had three families and children with us, so it was VERY nice for each of the moms/dads to have their own private bathroom! The peacefulness was overwhelming... even though we were in the cove of the marina it was VERY PEACEFUL! We came to celebrate the end of the summer, and WE WILL BE BACK!!! WE LOVED IT! Thanks!
4.5 based on 4 traveler reviews
This vacation rental was a good overall experience. Patty was wonderful in working with me to get everything finalized shortly before our stay.
Pros: There were 8 in our party and there was plenty of room...it could easily accomodate many more. Lots of bathrooms which was wonderful. The balconies are great to sit and relax, bbq, get in a little sunbathing, or a nap in the hammock (just make sure to sweep off the spiders). The kitchen is a nice size with plenty of counter space, which is a huge plus since that area gets a lot of traffic...and I cannot say enough about the "man cave", if the kids were not at the lake or outside, you could find them on the bottom level playing games or watching movies.
Cons: We were really disappointed that the dock shown in the picture was not there, fortunately the neighbors were nice enough to share theirs with us. Without the dock it is a pretty gruesome hike to the lake, even if you drive it is a pretty steep little hill to haul ice chests, chairs, and all the misc items you have to take to spend the day enjoying the lake, and you cannot park anywhere since you are renters and not owners.
Also if there is a possibility anyone may want to hang out for the day, make sure to list them on the contract. My in laws live about an hour away and wanted to come by and hangout for the day, but they could not get in and since we didn't get prior approval, and couldn't reach the owners, we had to send them home.
Aside from the king size bed the beds are incredibly uncomfortable...especially for us older folks. :0)
Lastly, the refridgerator did not work very well, and though our food didn't spoil over the two days we were there, it really never got cold. (Patty was very sweet and did offer to bring in a replacement refridgerator though).
This may not be a good rental if you are a family with small children and planning to spend a lot of time at the lake. I think it is perfectly fine for adults or families with teenagers.
Again, Patty was absolutely wonderful and I would rent this again (without the little one) because she did make it such a pleasant experience.
Thanks again Patty!
Perfect House - Great Location, Views, Dock
Thank you so much for a great vacation at the lake. The house was a perfect fit for our 3 families. We spent every evening cooking in the large kitchen and enjoying the large outdoor patio with a great view of the lake. We all enjoyed the game/media room on the bottom floor. Patty we appreciate all you did to help us get our trip all in order. You made it so easy!
Family summer lake trip
We enjoyed a full week of family fun with plenty of room for our grown children and 4 toddler grandchildren to spread out between the three floors. We utilized the game/media room every night. The lake was up this year so the dock was just steps away from the stairs, perfect for enoying the cove. We spent some time every day over at the club pool with the little ones. One of our crew lap swims so she was excited to get in her lap swim each morning too. Patty and Dave are fabulous to work with and had everything we needed or wanted. Well stocked kitchen, plenty of seating at the dining table and the outdoor patio tables too. We will be back for our annual summer lake trip.
Patti and Dave are wonderful hosts and their house far exceeded our expectations. We have a large, multi-generational family and found the house accomodated all our needs. Everything that we needed was provided and all the entertainment options were more than we expected. thanks for offering such a great place to vacation.
Activity and Interests
We have just made the decision to vacation-rent this home for Summer, 2015!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$600|
|Non-Refundable Cleaning||$200 + Tax|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, This bathroom is upstairs, adjacent to the living room
- Bathroom 6 - toilet, shower, This bathroom is on the lowest level, in the 'man cave'
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, This bedroom has an attached bathroom and is facing lake
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, This bedroom has an attached bathroom and is facing lake
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 2 twin/ single, This bedroom has an attached bathroom
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single, This bedroom has it's own bath directly across the hallway
- This home has three of four bedrooms set up as 'master bedrooms' - which makes for a lot of privacy for large family gatherings!
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- About THIS home Bedroom #1 has one king sized bed and attached bathroom. Bedroom #2 has one queen sized bed and attached bathroom. Bedroom #3 has one queen sized bed and one twin bed with a twin sized trundle underneath and attached bathroom. Bedroom #4 has one queen sized bed and one twin sized bed, and detached bathroom. Three of four bedrooms have attached decks. Due to regulations, no sheets, towels, pillows are supplied with this unit. Please bring your own sheets (or sleeping bags), towels and pillows. From the great room, there are views galore! A full kitchen with all dishes (to serve 12), utensils, pots and pans are supplied with this unit. This unit has a stove, oven, coffeemaker, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, blender and full sized refrigerator with icemaker. The icemaker can only produce so much during a given day, so it's best to bring extra ice! Bring enough food for your stay, if you don't there's a new grocery store at Heritage, just 15 minutes away! Our dining room table seats eight, and there's an eating bar that seats six. The living room seats several in comfortable couches and a recliner, and boasts a wood-burning stove and television set with DVD player. Outside on the deck, top floor, there are three exterior tables; two bar height that seats three each, and one bar height table that seats ten. There is one newer bar-b-que, and one older bar-b-que for those big feasts! On the lower floor, there is what my husband lovingly calls the 'Man Cave - Women Welcome'... This is one huge game room with a really big 'big-screen'... takes up nearly one whole wall (approximately 5'tall, 11'wide). There are also game tables, a ping-pong table and an attached deck with outdoor seating. There is an air conditioner, heater, swamp-cooler, washer-dryer, propane bar-b-que. There is a cell-service booster in the home so cell-service should not be an issue. We also have a land-line for local calls! This home features a television set in the living room, and a big-screen (really big - our estimation is 5 feet tall by 11 feet wide) downstairs; in the home theatre, so bring your favorite DVD's