House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Spacious cottage on nice wooded lot with river frontage. Great Trout Fishing, just out the back door. Great privacy, room to sretch out, let kids romp in woods and river. Bring your fly rod and hiking shoes.
Only 2 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 344, and half way between the towns of Marion on I40, and the mountain town of Burnsville. Modern appliances, wood-burning fireplace, outdoor fireplace, bbq, just steps to golf course and fine dining and lounge.
Mount Mitchell State Park about 4 miles as crow fies. Only a quarter mile to 35,000 acres of hiking trails in the Pisgah National Forest. A mile hike to one of the most dramatic waterfalls in the Blue Ridge -- Roaring Fork.
Note -- there are 3 bedrooms, one with a Queen (lower level) and upstairs bedrooms have two twin beds in front bedroom and a queen size in back bedroom. Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best.
Quintessential Cabin in the Woods!
About the Owner
We have been serving the Burnsville area since 2006 renting out vacation rentals.
2 traveler reviews
Quintessential Cabin in the Woods!
Absolute cutestest cabin with all the amenities and comfort awaiting you. We spent the days hiking beautiful trails and splashing in the nearby waterfalls, and enjoyed coming back to an outside fire (chimney in side yard) and cozy beds. Our Bernese mountain dog loved the early morning walks in the refreshing creek located in the back yard. Experiencing only one night of rain, we gathered on the huge screened in porch for dinner & games......fabulous family time in the mountains!
We had a great week at Rivervista in July '10. The property was very nice -the pictures don't do it justice, really. We particularly enjoyed the big screened porch and playing with our dogs in the nice back yard and river. We had a very minor AC problem, and both David and the service techs were faster than fast at getting it resolved. We've stayed a lot of places, and here, out in the middle of the forest, we get the best service we can remember! The local hiking is great, as is the trout fishing. Highly recommended!!
Activity and Interests
Things to Do Nearby
On Site -- fly fishing, golf, hiking
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
3 night minimum
Pets are $50 non-refundable
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water tubing
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Master bath 1 shower/ tub combo Upstairs bath tub/ shower combo
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Master bedroom 1 King guest bedroom 1 queen guest bedroom 2 twins, 1 baby bed
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- River frontage Outdoor Fireplace High speed internet and wireless router Big yard for kids BBQ - charcoal Washer/Dryer Dishwasher Central air and heat cable TV Telephone