Cabin, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Huge Log Cabin with lots of space, sleeps 6 easily, fireplace, wood stove, wood interior, granite counters, new appliances.
This really homey/woodsy 3 Bedroom 2 Bath Home sits in the Pisgah National Forest , North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Hiking trails nearby, Lots of fishing.
Big covered sitting screened porch with woodsy views, big rec room, dining set up for 6, sleeps 6. Real comfy beds. Big stone fireplace, all wood interior and exterior, large rooms, nicely furnished, granite counters and new appliances.
Close to Everything -- This is one of the finest homes available on the vacation rental market in the Burnsville area. Only an hour to Asheville and Biltmore Estate. 45 minutes from Penland School of Crafts, and in the heart of the arts and crafts center of the US. 10 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at exit 344, and only twelve miles from downtown Burnsville, heart of the Black Mountains. In the shadows of Mount Mitchell, highest peak in the eastern US.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best.
Beautiful Big Cabin in Awesome Location
About the Owner
We have been serving the Burnsville area with vacation rentals since 2007.
1 traveler review
Beautiful Big Cabin in Awesome Location
The creek is beautiful and the cabin is very spacious and also contains sound well from room to room. The kids can go to bed and you can stay up watching TV and they won't hear a thing. The only down side is that there is actually no A/C (we didn't realize this before staying) so it can get a little bit muggy, but stays cool enough to not be too uncomfortable. Since you are way up in the mountains by a stream, it gets pretty cool in the evenings, and we were there in July. We LOVED the creek. I cannot say how beautiful and how much fun it was, and you're just 10 minutes from the Blue Ridge Pkwy and Mt. Mitchell, which is awesome. I'd go back again and again to this gorgeous property and feel like there's more to explore and we only touched on the possibilities!
From the Owner
“Stay here and you won't want to leave.”
Activity and Interests
Less than 12 miles from Burnsville downtown.
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
3 nights minimum
Pets are $50 non-refundable
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water tubing
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Master bath Shower/tub combo Bathroom (2) Shower/tub combo
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Master bedroom 1 Queen guest bedroom(1) 1 queen guest bedroom( 2) 1 bunk beds
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Guests provide their own meals
- Granite counters, new appliances Coffee maker, bread burner, microwave, smooth top range Big wood-burning fireplaces Sat. TV Washer/Dryer All the standard appliances needed for your stay phone Firepit Screened Porch