Cabin, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
About Jon Bloom
We have been serving the Burnsville area with vacation rentals since 2007.
Jon Bloom purchased this Cabin in 2008
Why Jon Bloom chose Burnsville
Stay here and you won't want to leave.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great place to REALLY RELAX!
This cabin is simply amazing! The seclusion, the proximity to Mount Mitchell and THE STREAM! It's like listening to white noise relaxation audio on repeat. We will definitely be back.
Comfortable and beautiful location
The cabin was great, roomy, and comfortable.
Downsides were 1. Very little firewood provided.
2. Kitchen needed upgrade or at least cleaning. (Mouse poop in the drawers)
3. Fees pushed it to over $200 per night. (Service fee, cleaning fee, pet fee)
But loved being with family for Christmas!
Wonderful house with plenty to do in the area. Everything was clean and was exactly where you would think it would be. The sheep skin was the kids favorite. After a long days of hiking to roaring creek falls, or mount Mitchell my girls sat in front of the fire place and roasted marshmallows. Couldn't of asked for a better week. Thanks.
We had a wonderful time at the Rock Creek Cabin just after Christmas. While we didn't have snow, we did have lovely cold clear days and were able to enjoy some nice hiking on the near by trails. The two of us and our two dogs were very comfortable, cozy and warm in the spacious cabin! The cabin was private without being too remote. We were able to find it without any problems and the door was easily accessible. Loved the large screened porch even though we couldn't really take advantage of it. Must be incredible in the warmer months! Selfishly, I would prefer a more updated kitchen, but what is available is certainly adequate and has everything you need for preparing meals and did meet all our needs.
Thanks for being pet friendly!
Great Cabin and Location
We had the best time and enjoyed the cabin immensely. It was comfortable, well decorated and the location to the Parkway was perfect. We enjoyed sitting on the porch listening the creek below, very relaxing. Best of all - pets are welcome. Will definitely stay here again.
Great place to spend vacantion.
Great experience. But it would be helpful if written directions to the property could be provided. Had hard time finding the place using Waze navigation APP. Overall great cabin.
Directions to Cabin were given to you in original email, sorry you did not realize that but we make sure to send to all bookings.
Less than 12 miles from Burnsville downtown.
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort