House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
We live in the area and have been serving Burnsville for 10 years.
JGEH purchased this Cabin in 2006
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
No view of the creek
This is a very nice cabin. The view of the creek is blocked by a large tree down in the creek, lots of underbrush needs to be cut back. Very limited view of the creek. Beautiful area.
The creek is literally 15 feet off the back deck so would be impossible not to have a great view of it! Not sure if guest was trying to view from kitchen or bathroom which are on the other side of the house! Check out pics on line.
Thanks for looking
Excellent place to get away from it all.
This is a great place to stay if you are looking to do some hiking or just get away from it all. The setting is lovely and isolated and there are hiking trails you can walk to from the cabin. The cabin is spacious and well equipped. It is a long drive to get to all but the most basic services so it is a good idea to show up with what you need. The "Ingles" in Burnsville is a huge supermarket and you could pick up anything you want on the way to the cabin. As another reviewer noted approaching from Burnsville is the easiest drive, the other routes are very slow and windy.
We loved it
Everything was great
great cabin in the middle of nowhere!
The cabin was great. Stocked with most anything you'll need other than food. a few things would make it 5 star:
hot water lasts barely one shower
we arrived and the cabin was 50 degrees inside, id suggest a bit warmer for your guests arrival
cleanliness, although it wasn't bad the unit was not what I would call cleaned to my expectation
Outside lighting is about non existent
For week away from everything I would highly suggest this rental. the creek is literally feet outside your back porch. There are puzzles, games and plenty of kitchen utensils. A few minute walk down the road you have trout fishing access and a beautiful bridge. Driving from the south your going to have about a 30 minute very windy up mountain drive. Although beautiful it is a pain of your planning on traveling to and from the cabin a lot. The blue ridge parkway was closed while we were there so its possible its much better to get to the cabin this way. From the north through Burnsville is a much easier and about 20 minutes. Burnsville will also be the closest town for supplies and multiple restaurant choices.
Gary: A few minor issues to take note of regarding the house....
Hey Gary: My dad, son, and I stayed in the house before a few years ago, enjoyed our stay again, and are interested in renting the house in the future. Being the property mgr., we made a short list of a few issues I thought you would want to know about: 1) we happen to notice that the outside faucet was wet on the cabin exterior, so it may be leaking; 2) the right front burner on the range was loose/wobbling and needs repair; 3) there was at least one mouse in the house (we've discovered they are somewhat common for mountain houses this time of year....we would have set a trap but did not see one); and 4) the hot water seemed to run out after about one shower, so a repair may need to be made soon.
Let me know you got the message or I'll see about contacting you some other way. The house was fine for us, so don't take anything wrong .....I just was not sure how to get you a message directly.
A great cabin
A very enjoyable cozy cabin we had a great time!
National Forest across street
Half mile to Black Mountain Recreation Area and Setrock Falls
1 mile from Golf Course
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort