House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
We live in the area and have been serving Burnsville for 10 years.
JGEH purchased this Cabin in 2006
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
This was the fourth time we've stayed at the cabin and it was in a good location and was comfortable and suited our needs fine as usual.
Fall 2019 color trip.
We were early or the colors were late. did see higher elevation colors starting. Location was great and cabin clean and well stocked. Jump on Parkway and in minutes we were in Spruce Pine with everything needed for supplies. looking forward to next stay. Thank You.
Mountain Log Cabin
The Cabin is clean, beautiful and comfortable. The surroundings are outstanding! Plenty of outdoor exploring and hiking. Quiet peaceful surroundings - there is hunting going on in the woods and on a few occasions you can hear the shots in the distance. The stream is right off the porch and its constant water rush sounds are very soothing to the nerves. Easy ride to Mt Mitchell, Blue Ridge Pkwy, and multiple water falls nearby.
Minor inconveniences for us city comfort dwellers consisted of having to remove the garbage out to the nearby site - poor to no cell phone signal (at&t) but the cabin has wifi thru dish connection (slow but better than nothing) used it for wifi calling. TV had penty of standard channels, including ESPN :)
What would make the most improvement to the Cabin would be to replace the mattresses for both beds. They're both sagging heavily and provide little to no support/bed comfort.
Overall my family thoroughly enjoyed the stay at this cabin and would love to do it again in the future. Highly recommended and appreciative of the accomodations.
Never had a complaint on mattresses before but will look to replace them.
Peaceful and relaxing
Very nice cabin in a beautiful area. Enjoyed sitting on the deck listening to the creek wander by while reading. Everything you need was provided and we truly enjoyed our time. Thanks for everything Gary!
Relaxing, De-Stress, Tranquil, Restful!
This is an amazing place to stay. If you are looking to get away, decompress, & rest from busy everyday life. This is the cabin to stay.
Wake up the sounds of the river. Have morning coffee on the cozy front porch.
The cabin is equipped with everything you need and more. Just stop on your way in for groceries & enjoy your stay!!
Fabulous cabin but needs to be deep cleaned
This cabin is located in a great location and is the perfect size and layout. It should have been so relaxing with the babbling brook and "remote" feel of the cabin. We wanted to enjoy our stay but the musty smell and the lack of cleaning got to us.
There was dust build up on every fan, lamp and wooden surface. Spider webs galore. Leaves on the sofa and floors. Bedroom sheets were like sleeping on a wet towel due to the damp mustiness going on in the cabin, which we think is just due to lack of use. Coffee maker had left over coffee grinds from a few months ago. Bathroom carpet had mud stains (we at least hope that is what it was)...get the picture. I tried to notify the manager of the state of uncleanliness so that he could address but did not get a response.
This is an adorable cabin if you don't have allergies or don't mind spending some time on your vacation cleaning up after others. It could be the ideal cabin in the outdoors, if it was just deep cleaned. Based on our experience, my husband concluded that he would have rather slept in a tent in the outdoors than this cabin. :(
Anyone that has rented this cabin knows it is clean and highly rented cabin. Since it was just occupied the week and day up to your arrival it is not feasible to have coffee grounds that were two weeks old?? We visited after your departure to find the lovely cabin as it always has been. Not sure why no phone call (we have two numbers listed in the cabin) was made during your tortuous visit but not until you vacated did you complain!
We take great care of this cabin and don't know where you ended up but not at Tsunaga. Check out all the other comments!
National Forest across street
Half mile to Black Mountain Recreation Area and Setrock Falls
1 mile from Golf Course
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort