House, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 8
* Very family friendly, clean and comfortable cottage located on Upper Upper Silver Lake which is a 5 acre non-motorized lake.
* Easy access (less than 200 paces) and fully-motorized privileges to Upper Silver Lake.
* 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with shower.
* Sleeps 8-10 people plus a pack ‘n play.
* Large fully equipped kitchen.
* Located 2 miles from Dune Entrance and 1/2 mile from Golf Course.
* Great beach area with paddle boats, kayaks, stand up paddle board, beach toys, chairs and fire pit.
* Large deck with patio set and large picnic table with umbrella.
Great family vacation house!
About the Owner
Family of five that loves the Silver Lake area!
(11 traveler reviews)
Great family vacation house!
Such a wonderful home for families with young children! My kids swam in the lake, made smores on the fire on the beach, loved the kayaks and paddle boat! Close enough to the dunes and town but still quiet and peaceful. I appreciated the closed in deck so my one year old couldn't get out :) will definitely rent again! Owners were wonderful to work with!
We celebrated a "girls weekend" at Summer Sands Landing and had a wonderful time. The weather wasn't as sunny/warm as we would have liked, but there was still plenty to do and we did make it into the water. SSL was very accommodating and a pleasure to rent from. We can not wait to come back!
This is an awesome vacation home. We loved the private beach on a quiet little lake. My daughter enjoyed the fish that were around the dock and the paddle boat. There was a basket of brochures of things to do in the area and everything was fairly close. The house is very spacious inside and has huge deck outside. Loved the fire pit on the beach. Will consider renting again in the future.
Wonderful spot for a vacation
This was our first week long vacation as a family of five. We had a great time at the cottage. The living room and kitchen was nice and spacious and the bedrooms worked out great. Our kids are 5, 3 and 1 so the gated deck was a major plus. We spent most days in the dunes and came back every night to swim in the lake and enjoy a campfire. It was nice to be a nice quiet lake. The cottage had EVERY thing we needed...we didn't have to bring much which was so nice! Only thing that would have been nice was a little picnic table outside for the kids. We were definitely pleased by the cleanliness and superb friendliness of the owners. They were very responsive to all our questions beforehand. We look forward to coming back next year for TWO weeks!!! You will not regret staying here!
Peaceful Summer Haven
We had a fun, memorable experience at Lighthouse Landing! The owners were very prompt when getting information to us, thoughtful in products which were stocked in the home, and were a great family to do business with! The cottage is in a great location for those who appreciate privacy and peace & quiet. Our kids enjoyed bike riding in this safe, quiet location. They also got a kick out of fishing off the paddle boat and hand feeding the fish bread from the dock. The swimming area was very clean with a great sandy beach, toys included! Our only issues were from the age of the home / older carpets, as our kids have pretty severe allergies and asthma. The home was not dirty, it was just a little high on the allergen scale for our kids. in addition, They recommended we bring some bottled water due to their water being cloudy. it has been tested as completely safe, but has a cloudy appearance. Also, due to the high iron content in the water, we could not wash any light colored items in the washer. Again, all of this was explained to us in advance, so it was expected. Overall, our experience was very good and I would have rated it as a 4.5 if available! For the price, this property was a great value for our family, and I would recommend it for an enjoyable family vacation.
Excellent Family Vacation
We had an incredible week at the cottage. I was very impressed with how clean the cabin was and well stocked for everything you might need. The beach was great for sandcastles and swimming. The 4 children (ages 1-7) all had a blast catching fish off of the dock and going for the "big ones" from off of the boat. The large deck has two gates on it to prevent the little ones from leaving the deck unattended. The fire pit is right on the beach and was great for nightly bon fires. We visited lighthouses, the dunes, the shops, go-carts, movies, golf and a lot of food establishments. We're looking forward to going back for years to come.
From the Owner
“We rented this property in 2013 and loved it so much that when it went for sale we knew it was already perfect for our family.”
Activity and Interests
Activities on site or nearby:
* Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
* Swimming (including several Lake Michigan beaches within 10 minutes).
* Horse-back riding.
* Dune rides.
* ATV dunes access.
* Jet ski and pontoon rentals.
* Go-kart track and theme park.
* Close to: Little Sable Light House, Lake Michigan beaches, Pentwater, Hart, Silver Lake State Park, Stony Lake, Ludington, Michigan's Adventure (Theme & Waterpark), Lewis Farm Market and Petting Farm, Country Dairy Tours and Moo-School.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $200 - $200
Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $1200 - $1200
Weekly (Saturday -Saturday) $1200.
2 night minimum; $200 per night.
Cleaning and utlilities included.
*****Only send payments via paypal or to owners home address. Do not send payments via wire transfer to avoid scams. Thanks.*****
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“We love the peacefulness of the lake. We often spend our days in the dunes and come back to swim in the lake and enjoy an evening fire on the beach.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1250 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, 1 baby crib, Pack n play available as well
- Living Room option - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Queen sleeper sofa in living room
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- * 102' Private Beach (not public access) great for swimming with nice beach area. * Large Deck with plenty of seating for entertaining. * All sheets, blankets & pillows included. Please bring bath and beach towels. * Dock for fishing (Northerns, bass, pan-fish). * Fire pit with chairs (bring your own firewood…plenty nearby). * Paddleboats, kayaks, paddleboard. * Access to Upper Silver Lake (private motorized lake). * Gas and Charcoal Grills. * Washer & dryer. * VHS/DVD player * Cable TV * Wi-FI * Video library and books. * Toys for children both inside and outside. * Clip on chair for young children. * 3 Bedrooms - 2 with queen beds, 1 w/bunks & crib, sleeper sofa in living room. * All kitchen appliances and utensils. * Maid service between rentals. * Refundable $300 security deposit and signed contract required to reserve. * Full rental due 30 days prior to rental.