House, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 10 Sleeps
This is a relatively new (2008) three bedroom home with a bonus TV room on the banks of the historic Guadalupe River just a few miles downstream from the Canyon Lake dam. It's located right off of FM 306, with easy access from U.S. 281 or IH 35. There's a Texas theme to this fully equipped home, that comes complete with all linens, silverware, plates, pots, pans, blender, microwave, toaster oven, bakeware and more.
* Master Bedroom: King size bed, dresser, nightstands, television and closet.
* Second Bedroom: Queen size bed, nightstand, chest of drawers and closet.
* Third Bedroom: Queen size bed, nightstand, shelf and closet.
* Bonus/TV Room: Bunkbed futon with double on the bottom and single on the top and a TV. Also has an overstuffed chair that turns into a single bed. A perfect place to put the kids.
* Living Room: Comes with a big, comfy couch, two overstuffed chairs, a coffee table, a big 42-inch flat screen TV with cable and remote.
* Texas Kitchen: Full size stainless refrigerator with icemaker, oven with cooktop, built-in microwave, toaster oven, blender and coffee Maker. Full set of plates, glasses, pots and pans, cookie sheets and bakeware.
* Laundry Room: Full size washer and dryer provided.
* Guest Pantry: There is a cabinet in the kitchen to the right of the microwave where you can borrow things and leave things. Dry goods like salt and pepper, plastic wrap, cooking oil, spices and such are there. Borrow some and leave some for others as you please!
*** Check in is 3pm. Checkout is 11am, but in many cases an early check in or late check out can be arranged.
***I am not on email much on the weekends. Call my cell if you need immediate info.
***No camping is allowed on the property. No tents, RVs or other temporary shelter may be erected anywhere on the property or utilized for sleeping.
***Outdoor burning allowed only if there is no "Burn Ban" in place in Comal County at the time of your stay. Check the county website for that information. You must also bring your own firewood and burn only in the stone fire pit by the shed. You must monitor your fire and make sure it is extinguished. You may burn the small branches that fall in the yard and woods, but not the firewood that is stacked in various locations around the property.\
*No motorized vehicles can be used on the property except to park in front of the house.
***As you can see, this is a FAMILY home in a FAMILY neighborhood. Noise and excessive guests at any time of the day will not be tolerated. No more than FOUR vehicles may be parked at the house. Neighbors WILL call the sheriff's department if there is excess noise and we will do an 11pm drive-by on weekend nights to count the number of cars and check for noise. We want you to have a good time here, but this home is designed for families and responsible adults. Complaints about behavior, noise or vehicles may result in the entire or partial loss of your damage deposit. Thank you for your consideration!******
Amazing rental property
About the Owner
I'm a real estate agent in San Antonio but this is our personal home on the river. We don't use it much because we have six kids, so we rent it out so others can enjoy it.
4.9 based on 16 traveler reviews
Amazing rental property
Our family had an amazing time at the Beehive. The house was very clean and spacious. It was also very well stocked with paper towels, dish soap, trash bags, toilet paper and even laundry soap! We were able to tube right from the house every day of our stay. Thank you so much for allowing us to be guests in your house! We are already planning our next stay.
Lovely home with beautiful surroundings
We really enjoyed our stay - the kitchen was well stocked with pots/pans/utensils. We loved the toaster oven! The shared spice cabinet was a god-send. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and tidy with plenty of linens and extra blankets. It rained quite a bit while we were there so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoor parts of the property as much as we wanted. It is on a quiet part of the River and perfect for canoeing, kayaking, and swimming right from the edge of the property. There is plenty of decks and outdoor covered areas to enjoy. In terms of nearby grocery stores - we didn't realize there was a Lowe's grocery store in Sattler much closer than the one we went to in New Braunfels which is about a 25-30 minute trip. If you are needing to buy groceries while you are there, check out the one in Sattler - its not as nice as HEB but it is easier to get to.
Overall, the Beehive was awesome and a great value for our money! We plan to come stay again in the future.
Amazing Family Retreat!
This was the 2nd year for our family of 4 to stay at the BeeHive and once again it exceeded our expectations. The house is extremely private and you basically have that section of the river to yourself. We have two young children that love playing on the trampoline and swing set as well. It is the perfect spot to get away and "unplug". The owner is extremely accommodating and responsive and the house is clean and well-maintained. We will be back again....hopefully sooner than next summer this time! Thank you Beehive for allowing us to enjoy your slice of paradise!
Great house, fantastic location
The house was great, well stocked and very clean! We loved the "shared" spice cabinet (left a few things to contribute when we left) as it was very convenient. The gas grill worked perfect. Kids loved having the canoe to use on the river. The location of the house is perfect. We picked up our tubes from Andy's Tube Rental (1 mile from house) on Saturday morning and got in the river directly from the house. We floated until the end of the Horseshoe Loop, took about 4-1/2 hours total. All in all, the house and weekend were great!
We rented this house as a family vacation and had an absolute blast! You can't ask for more, Mr. Mylar was so great and kept an open line of communication for questions and issues. We loved the house and the river access and especially the play area for the kids ! Can't wait to go back!
Great location! Family friendly getaway!
Perfect getaway for families. River access was great. Both shallow and deep areas for all swimming levels. We were here during the week and it was very quiet and peacful. Lots of kids in our group and they all had a blast. House was very nice. Plenty of room to sleep and lots of games outside for the kids to do. We enjoyed paddling the canoe up to the base of the dam then could easily cruise back with the current. Short drive to rent tubes for floating the river as well. Evenings on the porch were pleasant. TV and wifi were also a nice bonus. Would definitely like to go back again.
From the Owner
“We always wanted property on the Guadalupe. They aren't making any more of it, so we snagged this one while we could and then built the house.”
Activity and Interests
This is Canyon Lake Texas and there are plenty of attractions nearby:
* Schlitterbahn water park in nearby New Braunfels
* Tanger Outlet Mall in San Marcos
* Historic San Antonio and the Alamo
* The scenic Texas Hill Country
* Plenty of restaurants and even a winery
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 27 2016 - Sep 6 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
Per Night Rate: Off Peak (Sep-May) Peak (June-Aug)
Mon-Thur $225 $325
Fri-Sun $325 $425
Weekly $1,400 $2,300
*The peak season follows the school year in Texas.
Mail a $400 check to me 14855 Blanco Rd., Suite 403, San Antonio, 78216. It reserves your stay and is not cashed. You will pay for your full stay three weeks before check-in by check or credit card. The $400 check stays on file and becomes your damage deposit. When the house is left undamaged, that check is torn up. Reservations canceled within 3 weeks of your stay result in forfeit of deposit.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“It's just quiet and peaceful and woodsy. That's what I like about it.”
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Half Bathroom - toilet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Bunk bed futon. Single on top, double on the bottom.
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 baby crib, Porta-crib in the house.
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- This home offers too many amenities to mention, but let me try: *NO CAN BAN. You can float the "horseshoe" in this area and not worry about the New Braunfels city ban on disposable containers. *YES, THERE IS ALWAYS WATER IN THE RIVER HERE! Our water comes from below Canyon Dam and so it's always flowing to downstream users so there's always water here. It may not flow very fast at times, but it's there. So while the Guadalupe may have dried up ABOVE the lake, water will continue to flow BELOW the lake until it's drained. Hopefully that won't ever happen. *Direct waterfront access to the Guadalupe River. Right off our banks you can tube, canoe, kayak or just plop a chair down and relax in the most beautiful of Texas Rivers. Giant Cypress trees line the bank at this shady retreat. The house sits on high ground. There are 51 steps from an upper deck down to the river level. *Decks aplenty! The porch high above the Guadalupe has a covered wrap-around cement deck that offers the chance to relax and enjoy a beverage amidst the trees. Below that, a wooden deck features a patio table and chairs and a large bench for relaxing. The propane gas grill nearby means you can grill your dinner and serve it al fresco! Another level down there's an eight-foot wooden bar overlooking the river. Pull up the bench and have beer or dinner. Then, down by the river, there's another pavestone deck with two tables where you can relax as the tubers (or the ducks!) float by. Plus, there's a picnic table near the river as well! *Recreation for the Kids! This home features a 16-foot trampoline with pads and side nets for your enjoyment as well as a wooden play structure with swings, a slide and a fort. *Games: Come here to play! We have a full size volleyball net that is set up (bring your own ball), a croquet set on the porch that you can take out and even Hillbilly Horseshoes (otherwise known as ladder golf). Come here to play and have fun! *Can you Canoe? We have a canoe with paddles by the river. You are free to take it on the water at your own risk. ***As you can see, this is a FAMILY home in a FAMILY neighborhood. Noise and excessive guests at any time of the day will not be tolerated. No more than FOUR vehicles may be parked at the house. Neighbors WILL call the sheriff's department if there is excess noise and we will do an 11pm drive-by on weekend nights to count the number of cars and check for noise. We want you to have a good time here, but this home is designed for families and responsible adults. Complaints about behavior, noise or vehicles may result in the entire or partial loss of your damage deposit. Thank you for your consideration!******