House, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 10 Sleeps
This is a relatively new (2008) three bedroom home with a bonus TV room on the banks of the historic Guadalupe River just a few miles downstream from the Canyon Lake dam. It's located right off of FM 306, with easy access from U.S. 281 or IH 35. There's a Texas theme to this fully equipped home, that comes complete with all linens, silverware, plates, pots, pans, blender, microwave, toaster oven, bakeware and more.
* Master Bedroom: King size bed, dresser, nightstands, television and closet.
* Second Bedroom: Queen size bed, nightstand, chest of drawers and closet.
* Third Bedroom: Queen size bed, nightstand, shelf and closet.
* Bonus/TV Room: Bunkbed futon with double on the bottom and single on the top and a TV. Also has an overstuffed chair that turns into a single bed. A perfect place to put the kids.
* Living Room: Comes with a big, comfy couch, two overstuffed chairs, a coffee table, a big 42-inch flat screen TV with cable and remote.
* Texas Kitchen: Full size stainless refrigerator with icemaker, oven with cooktop, built-in microwave, toaster oven, blender and coffee Maker. Full set of plates, glasses, pots and pans, cookie sheets and bakeware.
* Laundry Room: Full size washer and dryer provided.
* Guest Pantry: There is a cabinet in the kitchen to the right of the microwave where you can borrow things and leave things. Dry goods like salt and pepper, plastic wrap, cooking oil, spices and such are there. Borrow some and leave some for others as you please!
*** Check in is 3pm. Checkout is 11am, but in many cases an early check in or late check out can be arranged.
***I am not on email much on the weekends. Call my cell if you need immediate info.
***No camping is allowed on the property. No tents, RVs or other temporary shelter may be erected anywhere on the property or utilized for sleeping.
***Outdoor burning allowed only if there is no "Burn Ban" in place in Comal County at the time of your stay. Check the county website for that information. You must also bring your own firewood and burn only in the stone fire pit by the shed. You must monitor your fire and make sure it is extinguished. You may burn the small branches that fall in the yard and woods, but not the firewood that is stacked in various locations around the property.\
*No motorized vehicles can be used on the property except to park in front of the house.
***As you can see, this is a FAMILY home in a FAMILY neighborhood. Noise and excessive guests at any time of the day will not be tolerated. No more than FOUR vehicles may be parked at the house. Neighbors WILL call the sheriff's department if there is excess noise and we will do an 11pm drive-by on weekend nights to count the number of cars and check for noise. We want you to have a good time here, but this home is designed for families and responsible adults. Complaints about behavior, noise or vehicles may result in the entire or partial loss of your damage deposit. Thank you for your consideration!******
An amazing property right on the Guadalupe river!
About the Owner
I'm a real estate agent in San Antonio but this is our personal home on the river. We don't use it much because we have six kids, so we rent it out so others can enjoy it.
(22 traveler reviews)
An amazing property right on the Guadalupe river!
Fantastic property for our group of 6 adults and 2 children! Plenty of space inside and out. We loved the extensive outdoor decking for morning coffee and evening wind down. The river was clean and clear! Absolutely loved our weekend but next time we will schedule a full week! Thanks again Brian Mylar for all the help getting our mini reunion together!!
The location is perfect. Close to lake/on river!
We had the perfect Labor Day weekend at the Beehive! The location is great! My son brought his boat and it is really close to Canyon Lake. Our granddaughters enjoyed playing on the swingset, fishing in the river, and going out in the canoe. The young adults loved tubing the Guadalupe down to the Horseshoe. It was easy for us to pick them up.
The house is in very good shape and there is plenty of room. We loved the decks. The kitchen was well-appointed.
Just an overall great place to stay!
We plan on going back next summer!
Great place to stay! Everything was very clean and well-stocked and close to the tube rental places. It was wonderful to get in the river from the backyard as well! Mr Maylar was kind enough to send a shirt back to us that we had left behind too. We will definitely be back!
Lovely place to stay for a river trip weekend!
Overall, our stay at the BeeHive was perfect! The place was clean, inviting, and just like home. Plenty of space for a large group and the kitchen was perfect to cook for large meals. Wide open back yard with access to the water was nice. No complaints about our stay and it was the perfect location for us to be able to float the Guadalupe river. Thanks BeeHive!
Best location to float the river
This was our 2nd year in a row staying at the Beehive. Excellent location if you plan to float the river. It's located only 1 mile from Andy's Tube rental and you can start your float from the backyard. Floating from the river in the back of the house you have about 2-1/2 hours of very quite, uncrowded float time before you reach the Horseshoe and the chaos begins. The house is great for families, fully stocked kitchen with all utensils you will need, Wifi, Cable TV, propane grill and lots of deck space to hang out outside. There is a canoe to use in the river that our kids LOVED using, a firepit, trampoline and lots of space. We will be back again next summer!
The Beehive was a great place for the party of 10 people we had. River access for relaxing in the afternoon was great. Quite location and close to river activities.
From the Owner
“We always wanted property on the Guadalupe. They aren't making any more of it, so we snagged this one while we could and then built the house.”
Activity and Interests
This is Canyon Lake Texas and there are plenty of attractions nearby:
* Schlitterbahn water park in nearby New Braunfels
* Tanger Outlet Mall in San Marcos
* Historic San Antonio and the Alamo
* The scenic Texas Hill Country
* Plenty of restaurants and even a winery
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“It's just quiet and peaceful and woodsy. That's what I like about it.”
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Half Bathroom - toilet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Bunk bed futon. Single on top, double on the bottom.
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 baby crib, Porta-crib in the house.
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- This home offers too many amenities to mention, but let me try: *NO CAN BAN. You can float the "horseshoe" in this area and not worry about the New Braunfels city ban on disposable containers. *YES, THERE IS ALWAYS WATER IN THE RIVER HERE! Our water comes from below Canyon Dam and so it's always flowing to downstream users so there's always water here. It may not flow very fast at times, but it's there. So while the Guadalupe may have dried up ABOVE the lake, water will continue to flow BELOW the lake until it's drained. Hopefully that won't ever happen. *Direct waterfront access to the Guadalupe River. Right off our banks you can tube, canoe, kayak or just plop a chair down and relax in the most beautiful of Texas Rivers. Giant Cypress trees line the bank at this shady retreat. The house sits on high ground. There are 51 steps from an upper deck down to the river level. *Decks aplenty! The porch high above the Guadalupe has a covered wrap-around cement deck that offers the chance to relax and enjoy a beverage amidst the trees. Below that, a wooden deck features a patio table and chairs and a large bench for relaxing. The propane gas grill nearby means you can grill your dinner and serve it al fresco! Another level down there's an eight-foot wooden bar overlooking the river. Pull up the bench and have beer or dinner. Then, down by the river, there's another pavestone deck with two tables where you can relax as the tubers (or the ducks!) float by. Plus, there's a picnic table near the river as well! *Recreation for the Kids! This home features a 16-foot trampoline with pads and side nets for your enjoyment as well as a wooden play structure with swings, a slide and a fort. *Games: Come here to play! We have a full size volleyball net that is set up (bring your own ball), a croquet set on the porch that you can take out and even Hillbilly Horseshoes (otherwise known as ladder golf). Come here to play and have fun! *Can you Canoe? We have a canoe with paddles by the river. You are free to take it on the water at your own risk. ***As you can see, this is a FAMILY home in a FAMILY neighborhood. Noise and excessive guests at any time of the day will not be tolerated. No more than FOUR vehicles may be parked at the house. Neighbors WILL call the sheriff's department if there is excess noise and we will do an 11pm drive-by on weekend nights to count the number of cars and check for noise. We want you to have a good time here, but this home is designed for families and responsible adults. Complaints about behavior, noise or vehicles may result in the entire or partial loss of your damage deposit. Thank you for your consideration!******