House, 2 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 10 Sleeps
This two-story home is right on the bluff and has 180 degree view of the Puget Sounds shipping lanes, Vancouver Island, and the beautiful Olympic Mts. The sunsets are incredible! You can watch for whales passing by right from the living room. Bald eagles are sighted everyday. Private beach access is a short walk away. There is a community swimming pool available, also.
What a perfect place!
So beautiful and cozy. Thank you so much Suzie!
About the Owner
4.7 based on 25 traveler reviews
What a perfect place!
This was the perfect place for our retreat. The double kitchens were perfect, and the downstairs space was just right for the team to do our team building excersises. We will definitely look into staying here next time we visit the Island.
So beautiful and cozy. Thank you so much Suzie!
5 of us drove up from Seatthe for 3 days. The house is in a fantastic location. Quiet neighborhood, but close to Coupeville and Oak Harbour for shopping, dining and sightseeing. The beach is really cool and a close walk and we hit peak blackberry season! Ft. Ebey was a unexpected surprise (a MUST)! The house could sleep 12 easily. We never used the downstairs, except one sleeper sofa and bath. Well worth the price! All extras were included (spices, paper products, appliances, outdoor grill, etc. The back deck was our favorite place to spend family time; saw bald eagles, humming birds, but no whales (boo).Overall would definitely come back!
Wonderful experience; we'd do it again!
This is a very well maintained property with a fabulous view of Puget Sound and some of the San Juan Islands. The home is very comfortably furnished and the kitchen has all the appliances and kitchenware that one could possibly need. It is also within ten minutes by car to Coupeville a charming small town in the middle of Whidbey Island -- and equally close to the ferry to Port Townsend and the Olympic Peninsula.
The owners were quick to respond to questions in advance of --- and during -- our stay. As noted above, we'd be happy to return and we recommend this home without any hesitation.
Amazing views, comfy house
This is our third year coming to this house. The view is absolutely outstanding. The house is clean and furnished with many helpful items. Other reviews have commented about the upstairs getting too warm. This is a consequence of all the glass on the house's west side from which you can see mountains, whales (if you are lucky) ocean and ships of all kinds. It's easy to cool down and get a nice breeze blowing through. It's great to come and know we don't need to buy common condiments and paper products. The house is also very close to Ft. Ebey where there are many hiking trails and picnic sites. Great house, Great Island! We hope to continue coming here.
Great house but a few cons.
This home has many pluses! Can't get a better view anywhere! Sunset was spectacular and every day we saw bald eagles fly by. Location is excellent. Short distance by car to Oak Harbor and Coupeville. Unfortunately, there were a few issues. The house was incredibly hot for several days. All the windows do not open except for two very small windows in the living room and the crank was broken on one so that remained closed. Owner said there should have been three fans .. only one was there. The cabinets in the kitchen were filled with stuff from other renters, making it impossible to store groceries. Counter space is very, very limited and it would have been nice to have a place to store groceries instead of on the counter. Door on the fridge is filled with partially used condiments - same as someone commented on a year ago in their review. There is no dishwasher and some of the utensils were not clean. There are no mattress pads for the sofa beds downstairs. All of these things are easy fixes and the owner plans to work with the housekeeper to correct these issues.
Lots of good, but some housekeeping issues
• VIEW: The view really is spectacular, “million dollar view” is an accurate statement. Sunsets are gorgeous and you can sit on the patio and see ships in the sound and eagles over the cliffs.
• LOCATION: the house is north of Coupeville and south of Oak Harbor, at a nice distance to make each very accessible. It’s a quiet rural area that’s also great for walks and runs.
• SPACE: The house is very roomy and can easily accommodate a large group.
• PARKING/STORAGE: Plenty of room for 4 cars and storage for kayaks and such in the garage.
• WIFI: the house has free wi-fi that runs at a good speed.
• HOUSEKEEPING: This was an issue. The housekeeper did a fair job cleaning, but overlooked some major things. We found a used bar of soap in the shower, a pizza crust and empty potato chip bag under the kitchen sink, and old cheerios under the couches. The fridge door was completely full of partially used condiment bottles. You may consider this a plus depending on your preference, but I considered it a negative. There is a balance between leaving items for the next tenant in order to be helpful, and just leaving garbage, and I thought this amount of old, used stuff crossed the line into garbage. The last piece: the housekeeper forgot that trash day shifted a day due to the holiday, so she left a pile of trash overflowing outside. Much of the trash was loose and not bagged, and it reeked, and I did not appreciate having to clean the previous tenant’s mess.
• PHONE SIGNAL: the area has poor cell coverage.
• HEAT: in the summer, the upstairs gets stifling hot in the afternoon, despite opening all windows and drawing the shades.
• The house did the trick for us for exactly what we needed, a temporary home after our movers packed us out, and a place for visiting family to enjoy with us. I hope the owner resolves the issues with the housekeeper. I was mostly disappointed that after informing the owner of these issues, she initially did not reply. After a second contact, she apologized for the condition of the house and that was that. I understand a VRBO is not a full service hotel, but this house's cleanliness at move-in was below average compared to the other VRBOs I've stayed in.
Activity and Interests
This idyllic spot is just minutes from the historic towns of Coupeville and Oak Harbor. There are many vacation activities available on Whidbey Island: collecting agates on your own beach, hiking on nearby trails (Fort Ebey and Fort Casey), walking on the ferry for a day in Port Townsend, biking, kayaking, birding, boating, and more.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $195 - $255
Weekly Rate: $1000 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $3500 - $4000
Available year round.
$195 per night 2 night min
$75 cleaning fee for 2 - 6 nights
$120 Cleaning for 10 occupants
$1000 per week based on 7 days
$100 cleaning fee for weekly rentals
50% deposit on Booking remander due one week before renting.
Fees based on 4 person occupancey each additional person is $10. per night.
Fee does not include taxes.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- This vacation rental is unique in having two kitchens, one upstairs and one down. Each floor also has its own laundry room. The two bedrooms are upstairs, one with two queen beds and the other with one queen. There is a hide-a-bed in the upstairs living room and two hide-a-beds downstairs in the family room. There are three bathrooms, two up and one downstairs. There is cable tv and wireless internet.