Cabin, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Welcome To Our Cabin!
Family-owned and operated since 1990, this cozy, waterfront cabin is just 30’ feet from the beautiful shoreline of Moosehead Lake and sleeps four. It is described as “full housekeeping,” – all you need to take with you are linens and towels (and your desire for beauty and tranquility!)
Enjoy sitting on the Hawkes’ Nest screened porch, or at the lakeside picnic table, watching gorgeous sunset views over Squaw Mountain and a scenic panorama of the lake dotted with small islands. Or, travel north at dusk a few miles toward the remote village of Kokadjo (“Population: Not Many”) and nearly always spot majestic moose grazing near the roadside bogs.
Located in Greenville , known as the “Gateway to the Great Northwoods”, Hawkes' Nest is only 1 mile from shops and restaurants in the center of town, yet is off the beaten path. Nestled at the end of a dead-end, well-maintained dirt road, it gives one a sense of remote seclusion.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to enjoy one of the few last frontiers.
Don and I came to Moosehead Lake for the first time in September of 1986 for our honeymoon. We were so impressed with the unspoiled beauty and , what we often refer to as 'the last frontier', that we vowed to return each year for our anniversary. We did, and on our 3rd anniversary at Moosehead, we decided to look for a place we could call our own. We fell in love with the cabin, then known as 'Otter', the first time we saw it - it was also the first cabin we were shown. We purchased it in December, christened it 'Hawkes' Nest' and began renting it out the next summer, 1990.
It is one of seven cabins that were originally owned and operated as sporting camps. They are all located on approximately 2-1/2 acres of commonly-owned land with 400+ feet of shoreline. The land is owned as one parcel known as Birch Point Condominium Cottages' by all the cabin owners in an Association. The cabins are owned individually and all but one are only used seasonally. The well and septic are commonly-owned and used, as well as the dock and swimming area.
As guests of ours at Hawkes' Nest, you are welcome to wander the Birch Point property, including the shoreline, common dock and swimming area, as you wish. However, please be considerate of your neighbors' personal areas and privacy.
Come enjoy our beautiful 70' rock jetty - fish, swim or or just sit and watch gorgeous sunsets.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. We appreciate your visiting our website and hope your vacation is successful wherever you choose to stay.
Don and Lori Hawkes
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Lot's of things to do!
* Fishing (rod/reel, fly) landlocked salmon, togue
* Hiking Horseback riding
* Lake tours
* Moose safaris
* Mountain biking
* Mountain climbing
* Ride chairlift up Squaw Mountain
* Sailing Scuba diving / Snorkeling
* Seaplane rides
* Visit the WWII B-52 bomber crash site on Elephant Mt.
* Water skiing
* Wind surfing
* White water rafting trips
Additional information about rental rates
* $975/wk (nightly rates avail Sept thru Oct)
* 1 week minimum stay
* Plus 9% Maine state sales tax
* Payment methods: Checks, money orders and credit cards via PayPal! Call for details.
* Check-in 2pm, Check-out 12pm
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed
* Deposits: 7 days - 50% Reservation to confirm / $50.00 per Pet
* Balance due: 30 days prior to arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Hawkes' Nest is only 1 mile from town - restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, boat ramps and recreational activities are very convenient. However, the sense of solitude and privacy is maintained, as there is no through traffic (particularly logging trucks) nearby. VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT HAWKESNESTCABIN .COM This cozy, fully-equipped housekeeping cabin sleeps 4 and includes the following: * Screened-in porch * Picnic table * Charcaol Grill * Rock jetty w/ Floating dock * Rowboat avail at your own risk (bring your own lifejackets) * Mooring available at your own risk * Easy access for swimming * Franklin fireplace (wood provided) * Outdoor fire ring for small cook fires * Propane gas range w/ built-in 40,000 BTU heater * Propane water heater * Refrigerator w/ freezer * Bathroom w/ shower stall * 1 Full-size bed and 1 double bunk * Blankets and pillows * Bed rail * AM/FM clock radio * 8" fan * 20" box fan * Microwave oven * Coffee maker * Toaster * Cooking and eating utensils * Dish towels and pot-holders * (Bring your own sheets, towels and pillow cases)