House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Comfy home has sweeping views of the Golf Course at Mt Mitchell, rated four and a half stars by Golf Digest. Fully furnished down to the pots and pans, dinnerware, linens and things, just bring your toothbrush. Drive just a few mins. to the pro shop, fine dining, and pub open every evening but Sunday.
Easy walk to Roaring Fork Waterfall, and just 2 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway, make this your base of operations while you visit the hundreds of craft galleries scattered throughout the valley. Easy cruising the parkway on your Harley or open roadster, go visit Mt Mitchell State Park, or drive on up to Blowing Rock or Grandfather Mountain.
Of, if you love to fly fish, the South Toe River flows right through the course, and within a mile you're fishing inside the Pisgah National Forest all the way up the slopes of Mt Mitchell. Or go downstream below Clear Creek Rd and its hatchery supported and you can keep your limit. Grill them on your private deck.
Maybe you'd like to rent an innertube at Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park, just 2 miles away, and go tubing down the river. Don't forget to have someone wait downstream for you and bring you home.
The home has beds for 6
Felt like we were in a Tree House
About the Owner
About John Hemphill
We have been serving the Burnsville area with vacation rentals since 2007.
John Hemphill purchased this house in 2009
(1 traveler reviews)
Felt like we were in a Tree House
We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks for having AC!! Very comfortable and well furnished home. Great location for visiting family , hiking, and golf.
Activity and Interests
Things to Do Nearby
On Site -- fly fishing, golf, hiking
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
The address is: 906 Winter star Loop
Burnsville, NC 28714
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Golf Course Front
- Golf Course View
- Mountain View
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water tubing
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Master bath Shower/tub combo Upstairs bath shower/tub combo
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Master bedroom 1 King Guest bedroom 1 queen guest bedroom 2 twin
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Washer/Dryer Golf Course Great Views Bedrooms (4 individual beds): * Main level Bedrooms - 1Queen 2 twins and adjoining bath * Upper Bedroom - 1 Queen Kitchen: * Drip coffee maker * Electric range * dishwasher * Refrigerator with ice maker * Toaster * Microwave * Blender Gas log fireplace deck at front door Dining seats 6 Central air and heat Washer and Dryer Telephone Cable TV CD or DVD player