House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
About John Hemphill
We have been serving the Burnsville area with vacation rentals since 2007.
John Hemphill purchased this House in 2009
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We were looking for a cool, quiet, somewhat isolated location and this was it. Thanks
Great place and very peaceful stay. I gave 4 stars only because there was no propane for the advertised gas grill, no soap for a shower and we were unable to find a remote for the upstairs TV. Otherwise it was a beautiful place.
There is a phone number provided to call if in case you need anything and it will be there in 30 mins or less.
As advertised everything is provided except personal hygiene products such as soap and deodorants etc..
Thanks for looking!
cabin in the mountains
The cabin was as pictured. Kitchen had everything you would want. Very nice Deck with gas grill and fire pit. The only thing I would have liked would be new pillows as they had an odor and we're stained. Clean up under the sinks would be nice. However, all in all, we enjoyed our stay.
Just spent a wonderful week here. The house is beautiful - very clean - well kept - had a delightful time. Scenery is worthy of the trip - saw deer, too! Thanks so much! The Garners
Thank You for letting us use your house for the week. It was very nice
Felt like we were in a Tree House
We really enjoyed our stay. Thanks for having AC!! Very comfortable and well furnished home. Great location for visiting family , hiking, and golf.
Things to Do Nearby
On Site -- fly fishing, golf, hiking
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort