House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 12 Sleeps
This 3-Bedroom, Lakefront cottage is on a protected cove of Big Creek on beautiful Norris Lake.
Outside, this property has a private floating dock. The dock includes a 10'x24' covered slip with an attached 8'x16' swim platform and 120VAC electric. The platform has a 4-step swim ladder and a patio table with umbrella and chairs. The cove is protected with absolutely NO BOAT TRAFFIC for kid-safe and worry-free swimming.
The house is close to the water and the slope is gentle. Above, the house has a covered, wrap-around deck which is equipped with a gas grill, picnic table, patio furniture, rocking chair and porch swing. Below the deck, there is a covered porch with a hammock and another porch swing for relaxing after a great day on the water!
Inside, the upstairs has a fully equipped kitchen, dining area with a table and chairs (seating for 8) and family room with a 43' flat screen TV. There are two bedrooms with an adjoining Jack-and-Jill full bathroom with double vanity and separate shower/toilet.
There are 2 flat screen TVs with Dish satellite. Internet with WiFi is also available.
Downstairs, there is a walk-out basement with one bedroom, full bathroom with laundry, rec-room and attached garage. There are 9 Ceiling Fans throughout the house for additional comfort! Total living space is 2000Sq.Ft.
All 3 bedrooms and the Rec-Room have newer carpeting.
About the Owner
My wife and I lived in Knoxville, TN for 10 years and loved spending time at Norris Lake. We now live in Northern KY so that we can be closer to our families.
From the Owner
“Even though we moved to KY, we wanted to continue to enjoy boating and skiing with our children and friends, so we bought this cottage to enjoy and share with others. Our property is close to our friends and it is in a wonderful area of Norris Lake.”
Activity and Interests
Norris Lake has 800 miles of shoreline and has 34,000 acres of crystal clear water! Norris Lake and the Big Creek area are perfect for all water sports including slalom skiing, wake boarding, bare footing, knee boarding and fishing. There is a slalom course within 1 mile.
A 24' pontoon boat is available for rent next door! Rental is to be arranged directly with the owner (we can provide the telephone number).
Activities (on site and nearby)
* Waterskiing (Slalom Coarse within 1 mile)
* Jet Skiing
* Mountain Biking
* Golf (20 min drive)
* Museum of Appalachia (30 min drive)
* Oak Ridge Science Museum (40 min drive)
* Knoxville Zoo (1 hr drive)
* KY Splash Waterpark (1hr drive)
Nearby Marinas: (PWC/Boat rentals, gas and supplies)
* Whittman Hollow
* Indian River
* Norris Dam
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2016 - Sep 16 2016
3 night minimum stay
Sep 17 2016 - Dec 31 2016
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
May-Sep 2015: $350/nt (w/tax $400/nt) 3nt minimum or $1,926/wk (w/tax $2,200/wk)
Remaining 2015: $175/nt (w/tax $200/nt) 3nt minimum or $900/wk (w/tax $1,028/wk)
Taxes: 9.25% TN Sales + 5% County Lodge to be added (as listed above)
Cleaning Fee: $125 (ask for details)
At booking - 50% Rental
45 days before rental dates - 50% Rental + Cleaning + Damage Deposit
Cancellation Policy: Greater than 45 days; Full refund + damage deposit
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Our property has a covered dock and is near the end of a cove, so there is no boat traffic in front of the dock and it is very safe for swimming, even for smaller children. The lot is not steep and the house is close to the water, so it is easy to walk between the house and dock. Our property is very peaceful and relaxing - it's a great family get-away!”
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 double
- Bedroom 2 - 2 double
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Beds: * 2 King Beds * Full Bed with Trundle * Full Bed with Twin Bunk * Queen Sleeper Sofa Outdoor Features: * Floating Dock with Covered 10'x24' Slip and 8'x16' Swim Platform * Gas BBQ Grill * Patio with Swing and Hammock * Balcony with patio Furniture, Swing and Picnic Table Amenities: * Central Heating/Air Conditioning * Washer and Dryer * Bed Linens and Bath Towels Provided * Parking for Boat/Trailer * Telephone (local service, bring calling card for long distance) Entertainment: * 2 TV's with Dish Satellite and DVD players * Hi-speed internet with WiFi * Stereo System with CD player * Foosball * Jigsaw Puzzles * Playing Cards Kitchen: * Full Kitchen * Cooking Utensils Provided * Refrigerator with Ice Maker and Filtered Water * Dishwasher * Microwave * Coffee Maker * Toaster * Blender * Electric Can Opener Note: Paper products are provided(toilet paper, tissues, napkins, paper towels, paper plates), On occasion, you may need to purchase more of these items as they may run out. Please - No Smoking indoors and No Pets