This large, comfortable 'backbeach' house is what summer's all about: swimming pool, tennis, beach, family, fun. Sailors' End is situated on the culdesac at the end of the road--set back from the beachfront--where kids can play in the huge yard or bike the small community while you relax on the deck. Up the road, the private community swimming pool is warm and welcoming with tennis next door. Down the road (~5 min stroll) is the community's private beach access to the golden sand of Mutiny Bay--SW-facing and great for beachcombing, beach fires, and building castles and forts, a favorite local kids' pasttime. Sailors' End borders a nature preserve where you'll hear the croaking of frogs at twilight, and see rabbits, deer, bald eagles, osprey, and, at night, STARS!
The upstairs living area is spacious and airy with sky lights and an open floorplan facing partial views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. It's been recently remodeled with new windows, doors, and bamboo flooring--clean and fresh. Master bedroom has king bed; second upstairs bedroom has double. All bedrooms have down comforters and pillows (non-down options available). Kitchen has that comfortable beach feel--large & functional, not fussy or fancy--and is laid out well for multiple chefs, and stocked with plenty of everything for large groups. Open floorplan with eating bar is great for socializing; artistic touches add whimsy and style.
If you've got friends or kids joining you, you'll make use of the lower level with its huge light & bright family room--DVD player, board games, toys, and fireplace. No Wi-Fi. Also two more bedrooms (queen + twin, and full + twin) and laundry room. Plenty of space for folks to gather together and play or chat, or curl up alone for a little down time.
We're a short drive--or bike ride!--to Freeland's excellent grocery store, Langley's antique shops, and South Whidbey State Park's old-growth hiking trails. Large backyard has apple tree and swing, and beckons for wiffle ball, croquet, or bocce ball. Sailors' End is the kind of beach house you remember from your childhood--not fussy or fancy--but clean, bright, comfortable, well-appointed, and a great place for relaxation and fun.
* Our community's private beach at sunset
* Our mountain and water view through living room windows at sunset
* Living room is comfortable for groups large or small
* Large, well-stocked kitchen with eating bar
* Open floor plan includes sizeable dining area
* The Captains' Room (upstairs): king bed
* The Mountain Room (upstairs): queen bed
* The Zoo Room (downstairs): queen + twin + desk
* The Wave Room (downstairs): double + twin + desk
* Family room (downstairs): futon + couch + TV/VCR (no cable) + game table
* The view from our deck
* A particularly dramatic sunset
* Swimming pool has tables, lounge chairs, & a great view
* Great for kids--lots of pool toys, kiddie area, pool house with bathrooms
* Tennis court has great view too
* Front of house with deck