A quick drive to Mackinaw City restaurants, shops, & ferries to the Island!
3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 story, 1280 sq ft family home available for quiet getaways. Open kitchen-dining-living space with lake view, and doorwall to large deck. Dishwasher, washer-dryer, WIFI, and cable TV w/HD. Professionally-cleaned, smoke-free home. Comfortable for 6 people, cozy for 2.
• " Thank you for another wonderful family vacation ... we love and appreciate your cottage." (MI family, August 2016)
• "Thank you for the best week ever at your wonderful home ... everything was perfect ... gorgeous sunrises too." (MI couple, June 2016)
• "We will come back next year, and I sincerely hope your place will be available!" (PA family, May 2016)
• "What a wonderful anniversary we've had! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us." (MI couple, October 2015)
• "Everything is great. We walked to Mackinaw City yesterday and toured the fort and walked back and grilled some dinner. The cottage is very nice and very clean ... I can see why this is a special place for you." (MI family, July 2015)
• "We had a wonderful week, enjoying the beauty and peace. Every year, it's harder to leave!" (MI couple, June 2015)
• "Thank you for having us in your warm and cozy cabin. We had everything we needed, very well equipped. We're hoping to come back next year." (WA family, May 2015)
• "Thank you again for sharing your house -- it was perfect for us!" (IN friends, February 2015)
• "So comfortable and relaxing. We enjoyed sitting on the swing, watching the birds and the lake. The sunrises were amazing! We look forward to coming back." (MI family, August 2014)
• "We enjoyed shopping, sightseeing, and great restaurants, but the best part was our time at this beautiful, clean house." (Istanbul, Turkey family, July 2014)
• "I loved sitting on the deck in my bathrobe in the cool, clear morning, sipping my coffee, watching the boats go by ..." (MI couple, October 2013)
• "We had a wonderful time and appreciated all the nice little touches to your home. We could not have asked for anything more! This allowed for some much-needed family 'bonding' time. Thanks for your generosity -- great memories were made here!" (MI family, August 2013)
• "Slept wonderfully. Woke up to a beautiful view this morning!! The house is absolutely perfect." (WI family, July 2013)
• "We enjoyed walking the trail, a nightly campfire, and the cozy feeling of a family home. Thank you so much for thinking of every contingency in preparing for guests." (IL family, June 2013)
• "We were very comfortable in your home in the woods, very peaceful and quiet ... it's been a pleasure to be your guests." (PA & IL sisters, September 2012)
• "We had a wonderful time and thank you for such a warm and comfortable setting." (MI & IA family, July 2012)
• "Thanks again ... the kids have already asked about 100 times if we can go back again next year!" (IN family, July 2011)
• "We couldn't have picked a better place to call 'home' for the week." (MI friends, August 2011)
• "Thank you so much, a wonderful blessing ... we had a very good time." (IN family, July 2011)
• "The house was wonderful, and we will definitely recommend to family and friends." (OH couple, September 2010)
• "Thank you for sharing your home with us -- we really enjoyed being on the water -- it's so peaceful. You have a wonderful spot." (OH family, July 2010)
• "I came up with my mother, daughters, and nieces for a 'ladies vacation' and we've had a BLAST! This house was great, very comfortable and convenient to all the attractions. Great view also! Very courteous, generous owners, too." (OH family, July 2010)
• "We appreciate how easy you made everything." (MO family, July 2010)
• "Just checking in to see if it is still okay for us to stay longer. We are having a great time. The house is perfect!" (MI family, September 2009)
• "The weekend turned out so nice, I am so glad we found you!" (WI & MI friends, August 2009 & August 2010)
• "We walked the trail, zipped the line, cooked s'mores in the fire pit, took naps and read books. How relaxing our vacation was!" (MI family, August 2009)
• "It was everything I love about the big lakes, and cottages ... it is totally charming, lovely, and welcoming ... what a warm, inviting place to relax and refresh." (MI family, August 2009)
Relax on the deck/balcony with your morning coffee and watch the sun rise over the lake. Walk along the bay with the shorebirds. Enjoy a nighttime fire at our fire pit, and the lights of the Grand Hotel across the lake. Just a 3-minute drive to Mackinaw City and ferries to Mackinac Island -- or, stroll across to the North Central rails-to-trail path: turn right to walk/bike the few miles into town, or turn left to go many trail-miles downstate! Explore Mackinac Island; area lighthouses and the Headlands International Dark Sky Park; the U.P's Tahquamenon Falls, Pictured Rocks, and Soo Locks; and nearby Mill Creek Discovery Park, with its nature trails, climbing wall and zip line.
Exceptional Lakeside Experience
About the Owner
Family-built, managed, and cared-for home.
5 based on 4 traveler reviews
Exceptional Lakeside Experience
Mackinaw City House allowed two old friends to have a truly wonderful vacation experience. Just minutes from the fun and bustling downtown area, Mike & Amy's warm and welcoming home sits on a quiet, wooded lot with Lake Huron just yards from the back deck and a lovely view of Mackinaw Island across the straits. It was very relaxing to build a fire in the beach fire pit and watch the huge freighters passing up and down the Straits. Our hosts provided every possible comfort and even a few special treats to make us feel at home. Moreover, Amy was very accessible and graciously answered any questions we had as well as providing tips about both the house and the surrounding area. The Mackinaw Straits has many different attractions for all types of vacationers, and Amy & Mike's thoughtfulness guaranteed a carefree vacation.
Away from it all - but close to everything!
We have stayed at Mackinaw House four years in a row now! Amy & Mike's home is always immaculate and they make you feel right at home. Any question you may have can be answered by one of their well placed sticky notes. If not, they are a call away. The home has a great deck and log swing to watch the sun come up, or the ferries going to Mackinac Island. I even loaded an app on my phone to see what Great Lakes Freighter's were sailing by the house.
The location is perfect to launch day trips to Petosky, Harbor Springs, or Whitefish Point (don't forget the Island). I'm a cyclist, so I love the Rails-to-Trails path right across the road. Mac City and the ferries are just 3 miles away. There is also a paved path from Mac City to Petosky, which winds through beautiful wooded areas.
I'm looking forward to my next retreat at Mackinaw House!
Mackinac Lake House
One of our best vacations ever! The house was fabulous, very well furnished, with a great view. Mike and Amy were most accommodating, and very nice to deal with. We were treated like guests, not renters. Such a good feeling, very restful, and close to attractions. I highly recommend it. I was encouraged to call with any questions or problems, unlike most places I've rented. I took advantage of this, and called more than once for directions, good paces to eat etc.
The Mackinac City house is absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. We really felt at home. The owners are generous with the amenities and the house is very clean. There are lots of area books to read, a jar of treats for the dogs, a washer and dryer with supplies, linens, etc. We received excellent directions and instructions about everything. To top it off, we were greeted with a loaf of fresh cinnamon bread on the kitchen counter upon our arrival! We will definitely go back, and want to rent this home again. I would absolutely recommend the Mackinac City house to a friend. Thanks to A & M for a great experience!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Off-Season Rate
Sep 28 2016 - May 18 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Memorial Day Holiday Rate
May 23 2017 - May 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
My July 4th Holiday Rate
Jun 27 2017 - Jul 5 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Labor Day Holiday Rate
Aug 29 2017 - Sep 5 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
• Inclusive rate -- no added, miscellaneous fees are charged to guests
• Damage deposit applies, and is refunded provided no damage, no loss, and no mess
• Discounted rate for full week or longer stays
• Flexible with arrival and departure days/times
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- Water View
- 1280 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, on first floor
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, on second floor
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, on first floor
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, on second floor
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, 1 double, on second floor
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals