House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 10 Sleep
2016 Summer Season
Welcome to our listing and thank you for your interest in our summer home. Please be sure to read the reviews of our past guests below as they say all you need to know. The summers we have spent in Seaview have led to many fun days, relaxing nights, and priceless memories with family and friends. We hope you will choose to stay with us so you too can build lasting memories of summering in Fire Island.
The house offers the ideal setting for an affordable fun family vacation or for a couple looking for a relaxing and romantic getaway. You will be located just 2 houses from the bay and 2 blocks from the Ocean in the beautiful Town of Seaview. Seaview is considered by many to be the most ideal location on Fire Island as it has large properties, a beautiful private beach, and is nestled quietly between Ocean Beach and Ocean Bay Park where outstanding dining and night life are only a 10 minute walk away.
This is a classic fire island beach house with gleaming hardwood floors and wainscotting walls. The house is completely renovated inside and out, newly furnished, nicely decorated, and has all new beds and new bathrooms. A completely renovated separate guest house with bathroom and A/C offers a private retreat and a vacation within a vacation. The main house plus guest house can comfortably sleep 10 people and 12 if you pull out the sleeper sofa. There is air conditioning throughout the main house & guest house. You will only need AC while you sleep as most of your time will be spent at the beach and on the deck. The deck is very large with a teak dining table with seating for 10. The deck also has a nice sitting area with 2 outdoor sofas, 4 chairs, and 2 lounge chairs for sunbathing.
We only rent to responsible families and couples/adults over 30 years old who will enjoy and respect our house. We do not rent for proms, graduations, college students, bachelorettes, partiers or large groups. Dont waste our time or yours, please don't ask.
About the Owner
4.9 based on 17 traveler reviews
First impression of the house was that it exceeded my expectations. The appearance of the house was better than the pictures we viewed. Everyone in our party was impressed, especially the kids. Many toys, games, books, videos, and a nice kiddie pool filled their days. Kitchen included everything we needed and more. Spacious deck was great for entertaining and relaxing. Minutes from everywhere, we could not be happier with choosing this house. Owners were accessible and helpful. Rent this place!
Absolutely Wonderful Vacation Rental
This is the third summer that we've rented this house and we keep going back since we love it so much. Its so convenient to the ferry, grocery stores and beach. It's really a beautiful home and it fit us and two other families perfectly. The kitchen area was redone since we went in 2013 and it's fantastic and made for mingling in the mornings over breakfast and meals so easy. The deck and huge blow-up pool for the kids was great and all the toys and books they have made it easier on us not to have to bring along a lot of stuff for the kids. There is a wonderful pool and playground just for Seaview families just down the street and we spent half our time there and the other at the beach. I can't recommend this vacation rental enough. The owners are really wonderful and attentive to any questions or things that come up as well.
There isn't much to add to all the glowing reviews except to say I would love to stay here again. The property is beautifully maintained and is smartly appointed. As someone who is serious about cooking, I was delighted with the kitchen. There was plenty of storage space and room for prep and I loved serving breakfast and dinner at the large outdoor table. The house was perfectly suited for our 3 generation family vacation.
My husband and I stayed at this house with our 4 year old son, my mother and my sister, her husband, and their 1 year old. This was the perfect house for our family. There was plenty of room for everyone. Everything in the house is updated. The kitchen had everything we needed and plenty of room for our food. We enjoyed the large table on the deck. The house had everything we needed for the kids. There was a pack and play for the baby, lots of toys, bikes, and a large inflatable pool. There is also a large playground nearby. The homeowners are friendly and responded quickly to any question that I had. The entire experience was relaxing and we hope to return next summer!
Beautifully updated, everything you need supplied
My family stayed at this home mid august. It felt more like staying at a friend's house than a rental. Homeowner was lovely and attended to everything we needed. This home is located minutes from everything…ferry, market, restaurants, bay and a quick short walk to the ocean. Everything is completely updated and new. My kids loved, loved loved the bicycles and all the great 'kids stuff' to play with. The kitchen had everything to make delicious meals with. The outdoor shower was so cool, that apparently my kids want one at home! I highly recommend this rental, you will not be disappointed!
Amazing location and beautiful retreat. Myself along with my mom and two aunts meet in New York every year for a reunion, this time we chose Fire Island, and it did not disappoint! The house was clean and very homey feeling. It was decorated beautifully and perfectly for a beach home and has everything you could possibly need. The owners have bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas...etc. everything you could think of to make your beach and vacation experience stress free! We were there after peak season, and loved it. It was like having the whole Island to your self. Everywhere we went was by foot or bike, and that was such a nice welcome from the hustle and bustle of cars elsewhere. The locals were very nice, and even though a lot of the shops were closed up due to end of the summer season, there was still enough open to get a bite to eat, shop and browse around. This house is perfect for a relaxing enjoyable get away, even has an awesome outside shower that is amazing. We are already making plans for our next reunion there next September....We can't wait!
Activity and Interests
Seaview offers the following amenities to its residents & renters only:
* Private Beach
* Newly renovated private park w/ playground, kids pool (opens late June), and lifeguard supervised swimming in the bay
* Six Tennis Courts (reservations & separate fee needed)
* Basketball Court
* Softball Field
* Beach Volleyball
* Private Marina with slips for rent located 2 blocks away (if you want to bring your boat or have visitors by boat a slip can be rented, cost not included in rental and must be reserved in advance, let us know and we can help arrange)
* Seaview Market & Liquor Store located 2 blocks away
* Dining and nightlife are located in Ocean Beach and Ocean Bay Park within a 10 minute walk
Additional information about rental rates
Now available for rent by owners for 2015 Season!
The house is for rent Monday through Friday as our family stays at the house on weekends. There are dates in May and September that are available for full 7 day rentals. Please see the rental rates and available dates listed below. Please check the Calendar for the most up to date availability. The rates below are non-negotiable, please don't
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Heating ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Master Bathroom - Private Master Bath with Shower
- Guest Bathroom - Guest Bathroom with Tub & Shower
- Guest House Bathroom - toilet
- Outdoor Shower - Large Outdoor Shower
- Bathrooms are all renovated
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Guest Bedroom 1 - 1 Full bed, 1 Twin Bunk Bed (Sleeps 4)
- Guest Bedroom 2 - 1 Twin Bunk Bed with Trundle Bed, Ideal for Kids (Sleeps 3)
- Master Bedroom - Queen Bed, Private Master Bath with Shower, Flat Screen TV
- Guest House - King Bed (can separate into 2 twins). Private 1/2 Bath
- new beds and mattresses
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 15 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- Main House * Completely renovated 3 Bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, New Kitchen * AC throughout house * All new mattresses * Master Bedroom with queen bed, master bath with shower, flat screen TV (sleeps 2) * 1 Guest bedroom with 1 full bed, 1 twin bunk bed (Sleeps 4) * 1 Guest bedroom with 1 twin bunk bed with trundle bed (Sleeps 2 + 1 in trundle) * 1 new full guest bathroom with tub & shower * Open living room with vaulted ceiling, Queen size sleeper sofa (Sleeps 2), 42' Flat Screen LCD HDTV with DVD Player, Satellite TV, & iPod dock * Dining Room table with seating for 6 * Screened in porch with ceiling fan and new sectional outdoor sofa is the perfect spot for reading, relaxing and happy hour * Brand new open concept kitchen with center island. All new SS appliances incl. electric stove & oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, under counter beverage center, beer froster, and all the necessary small appliances incl. blender, toaster oven, pancake griddle, coffee maker, etc...... * All kitchenware incl. dishes, pots & pans, utensils & glasses * All linens, sheets, towels, & beach towels * Baby pack & play crib * House is professionally cleaned prior to your stay Guest House * Completely renovated in 2013, pottery barn style with bright white wainscotting walls and whitewashed plank floors. * 1 Bedroom with king size bed (2 twin beds are joined together to make a king bed but can be separated into twin beds if needed, just let us know in advance) * New 1/2 bathroom * Air Conditioning * 32' Flat screen LCD HDTV * iPod dock * New washer and dryer Deck/Outdoors * Very large private deck (over 1,000 SF) * Outdoor shower * Outdoor sound system for entertaining w/ iPod Dock so bring your iPod * Teak dining table seats 10 * Seating area and lounge chairs for relaxing and sunning * Brand new stainless steel barbecue * Coolers for the juice boxes and mommy & daddy juice * Inflatable 8' kiddie pool for the little ones * Plenty of kids toys, leave yours at home * Beach chairs, umbrellas, kids boogie boards & toys for the beach. Everything you could need. * 15 bicycles (men's, women's, kids, fat tire beach bikes....and even a 3 wheeler for the mother in law) * Large Wagon