Studio, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Santa Barbara Vacation Rental is within a true adobe home. Built in 1948 with clay from the site, this home is surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Located on the "Mesa", this vacation rental only two blocks from a secluded beach primarily used by locals, and only minutes away from downtown attractions! This unique adobe vacation rental will truly add to your Santa Barbara vacation, relaxing in the comforts of a beachside neighborhood that most travelers are never able to experience!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful home with us. We really enjoyed our stay!"
This property had an absolute lovely garden but the patio furniture needed pads to be comfortable. The unit itself heeded a new sofa and bed as both were very uncomfortable. The TV was a very old 16 inch old style with poor color. The kitchen was very minimal and I had to ask to have the toaster oven replaced because it looked like a fire hazard and was very dirty. The neighborhood was quiet and it was easy to drive to town or the beach. This would be a superior place to stay if improvements were made.
Loved the neighborhood, loved the patio and the living space, loved the proximity to the beach and hiking trails, loved the hosts, and loved Santa Barbara! Very convenient and easy place to stay within walking distance to some great restaurants and markets. Hot tub in the private patio was a bonus. The beach was beautiful and a short walk away. Very quiet and safe neighborhood... mostly kick-back kind of locals and families. Hosts are very knowledgable about the area... ask them about good hiking trails... We will most definitely be back!
This place was wonderful! It was so nice and clean and was perfect for me and my boyfriend to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone hoping to stay in a wonderful, and private sanctuary setting in Santa Barbara only blocks from the ocean. It was quiet and peaceful with a beautiful yearn, hot tub and privacy. Walking distance from the stores and in general very conveniently located.
Love this place!
I have stayed here twice - once on my own a couple of years ago and again recently with my husband. It was perfect for our needs both times. We had a rental car, but we hardly needed to use it, except for a few out of town trips we had already planned. The Mesa is low key and local, but I like it much better than touristy downtown SB. We walked the beach every day, strolled to The Boathouse for breakfast, and walked up the road in the evenings for tacos, tapas, or Thai food. Loved the private yard with hot tub, and the little stove inside for fire watching. It really felt like our own place. The owners didn't disturb us at all, yet they were more than happy to answer questions and help out if we needed. If you want a romantic, low-key and local, steps-from-the-beach, quiet and private vacation spot, and you don't need fancy cooking equipment or a gourmet kitchen, this place is just great. We will definitely be back.
What a great rental
My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. Beautiful adobe style rental that was well furnished plus a kitchenette that was fully equiped. The rental is larger than the photo would suggest. We were here during a very rainy week -- the woodstove-like heater and the outside hot tub both were indispensable. With the lovely landscaping, we felt we had our own private retreat.
Activity and Interests
* Santa Barbara offers something for everybody. Whether you enjoy dining, shopping, sightseeing or active sports like hiking, biking or swimming, everything can easily be accessed from our beautiful studio.
* From our studio you can enjoy miles of walking on the beach, Wilcox property undeveloped open space, and even walk to the Wharf via scenic Shoreline Park.
* Biking is endless from here, a short ride to many fine restaurants or parks, and long bike rides on beautiful bikepaths to UCSB and other picturesque locations.
* With the ocean nearby, it is very easy to swim, surf, kayak, stand-up paddle, sunset sails, cruises the the SB Channel Islands and much more - rentals are easy and close by.
* With our beautiful mountains, there are countless miles of wilderness trails for hiking and biking.
- Weekly Rate: $800 - $800
Monthly Rate: $2000 - $2000
The following rates are current and are based on a maximum of four (4) occupants. We require a one week minimum. Check-in time is after 3:00pm and check-out time is 10:00am. Housekeeping is not provided (units are thoroughly cleaned after each visitor leaves).
Payments Entering into a rental contract at the time of first payment is required. Half of the total is due at the time of reservation. The remainder is due three weeks prior to your arrival. Payments include unit rental fees and security deposit. Failure to pay by these procedures will result in a cancellation of the reservation and forfeit of all monies paid. Any returned checks will have a $25 charge to cover bank and handling charges. We only take personal checks up to 3 weeks prior to arrival. We accept cashier's check, personal check, and cash. We require a $500 security deposit that will be refunded within 10 business days after your departure, less any charges incurred according to our contract.
Cancellations If the reservation is cancelled 30 days or more prior to the arrival date, there will be a refund of all monies paid less a $75 service charge. If the cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date and we are able to re-rent the unit for the same length of stay and at the same rate, you will be refunded all monies less the $75 service charge. If the cancellation is made 30 days or less prior to the arrival date and the unit is not re-rented, all monies received will be forfeited and not refunded. Failure to show up on the check-in day results in forfeiture of all monies paid.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Come and visit this beautiful Santa Barbara vacation rental; a home built in the true adobe traditional style. This peaceful adobe will truly add to your Santa Barbara vacation, relaxing in the comforts of a unique Santa Barbara neighborhood that most travelers are never able to experience! Surrounded by beautiful landscaping, this home is located two blocks from a secluded, local beach, a beach great for walking at low tides and a fun, local surf spot. The studio is only minutes from all of the downtown attractions! This completely separate studio rental is adjacent to the main residence and sleeps up to four people. It includes a private driveway for off-street parking, private entry, 500 square foot studio and a gorgeous patio with hot tub. Learn about how we remodeled this studio with sustainable building techniques, and how we continue to strive to provide a toxic free environment for your health and pleasure. The adobe walls, saltillo tiles and skylight embrace this room furnished with beautiful turn-of-the-century antique Italian furniture. The room also features a living area with a queen sleeper sofa, internet access, cable television with FM radio, gas fire heating, a dinette and a modest kitchenette complete with dishes and cookware for simple meals.