House, 8 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, 20 Sleeps
Val-Du Manor was built as a turn of the century boarding house. In 2000, it was reconstructed to reflect the era's beauty, from the furnishings to the original hardwood floors. We hope that you will appreciate the c. 1920 furnishings, care and hard work that went into this large 8 bedroom, 4 full bath home @ Val-Du-Lakes Resort, 2 miles East of Silver Lake. Home sleeps 20-24 comfortably. Rented by the week from Sunday to Sunday only. Most everything you need will be provided except bath towels, toiletries and food. You will have a starting supply of paper products. There are 8 bedrooms, 4 full baths, w/ tub & showers, living room, formal dining room and a large front porch/sun room for relaxing. Newly installed central air. The large yard also has a firepit for the star gazers in your group, a new back deck and a hot tub for your use. Bar/restaurant next door for your dining and entertainment pleasures. There is plenty of parking for your vehicles and trailers for your toys. There's nothing else like this in Silver Lake! Call now to reserve your date.
This place is amazing!
About the Owner
4.7 based on 6 traveler reviews
This place is amazing!
Would definitely recommend for an extended family getaway. 8 bedrooms 4 full bathrooms and plenty of space. Extra fridge in back patio was great to hold drinks. Gas grill in the backyard is big enough to cook for the entire house at one time. The hot tub was a perfect way to end the night when we didn't start the campfire. With infared water heaters hot showers weren't a problem no matter how many were taken. Location was perfect Hop, skip, and a jump to Silver Lake. Can't wait to go back!!
Fabulous as expected
This was our second, but not last, stay at the Manor. Brian & Mary are great owners and have taken care of us well. Our group is typically large and they have been so accommodating. We will be back for years to come.
Our memorial weekend group always seems to grow each year. We now have kids and we all have trucks and trailers so finding a place big enough to stay that can sleep all of us and have enough parking is becoming nearly impossible. The Manor was very nice and accommodating! We will be going back!
Wedding Central - our home away from home
Earlier in the year we decided to have our wedding at the adjacent bar & grill, Val Du Lakes. So this was the perfect place to have as home base for our wedding party. Friends from across the country came to this beautiful small town in Michigan to meet up, play and enjoy some R & R the week of our wedding. The house was big enough for all our friends and all their luggage. We joked that it was our little sorority house for the week. We grilled on the cute deck, enjoyed local activities like the sand dunes and bike trails and explored nearby towns in the evenings for nice meals and during the days for spa treatments. We got ready together on wedding day and walked right across the street to the venue for the main event.
A week with best friends out in the country was such a special time. They've already asked when we can come back for a reunion.
I would absolutely recommend the Val Du Manor for family reunions, vacations with friends or just a getaway. We had about 12 pp staying there and that seemed to be just the right amount.
Brian and Mary could not have more accommodating. This is a wonderful hidden gem in a beautiful area of western Michigan.
We have been renting different locations for about 5 years and this one was the first that doesn't give accurate information in the rental site.
- Bar next door is very noisy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nghts
- No air conditioning upstairs which is not suitable for sleeping when the temperature outside is 90 plus. We had to go purchase fans to make it somewhat better for sleeping.
- Does not mention you have to clean before leaving or you have to pay $75.00- Overall wasn't bad just need to be more aware of everything.
Val-Du-Lakes.. Awesome Experience
We had a party of 15 people, and it comfortably accommodated all of us.. with room to spare! The descriptions of the house perfectly matched the layout. The entire home was very nicely furnished, and the front yard allowed plenty of space for outdoor sports and lounging. Mary and Brian (owners) were kind and friendly! The bar next door was also great, with a live band and a fun atmosphere. Our entire vacation was amazing because all the attractions were only a couple miles away. The location was very ideal, and even though the bar was only 10 feet away.. there was still a lot of privacy. We would recommend this property to anyone, and we hope to rent again next summer =)
Activity and Interests
Val-Du-Lakes Bar & Grill
Silver Lake Sand Dunes
Silver Lake Buggy rentals
Boat & jet ski rentals
Light house tours
National Outdoor Concert Venue
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Weekly Rate: $2800 - $3200
Off season rates: Weekend/weekly rentals are available until October 31st . Off season rates for weekends are $900.00 Off season rates for the week are $1,200.
Weekly rentals only. Week starts Sunday @ 5:00pm to Sunday @ noon. Weekly rate is $ 2,800 + $500 Security deposit. Holiday week is $ 3200. Rental season is from May 1st to Labor Day .
A down payment of 1/3 is required at time of reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. There is NO refund of any monies paid if you cancel your reservation within 30 days of your arrival. You can pay by Visa, MC, or Discover, check or money order. Call or email for mailing address
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom one on main floor off kitchen has handicap bars
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom 2 on main floor is just off bedroom
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom 3 up has seperate toilet from tub/shower and sink
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom 4 up is next to bathroom 3
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24
- Bedroom 1- Main floor - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, Full/double bed, vanity & closet
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, Full/double bed, vanity and closet
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Very Large double room w/ 2 closets
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double, Full/dbl bed with dresser & mirror and closet
- Bedroom 6 - 1 double, Full/double bed with dresser, vanity & closet
- Bedroom 7 - 1 double, 2 twin/ single, Double room with full bed & bunk beds, 2 dressers & closet
- Bedroom 8 - 1 double, Full/ double bed with vanity and closet
- Bedroom 9 - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Livingroom couch is a queen sleeper
- Bedroom 10 - 2 double, 2 sleep sofa /futon, Front porch has two full sofa sleepers
- All bedrooms have clean linens and pillows and bed spreads. Extra blankets available for your use if needed. Every room has a closet with hangers
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Hardwood floors, firepit, deck, hot tub, full kitchen with dishwasher, 4 bathrooms w/ tub & shower, plenty of parking, 42 inch flat screen TV, DVD,cable, internet,central air, covered front & back porch. Washer & Dryer