Panama continues to be rated as one of the top emerging must-see places in the world and the Playa Blanca resort is Panama's finest beach site on the Pacific Coast, located 1.5 hours (68 miles or 110 km) from Panama City on the Pan-American Highway.
* The Founders condos are among the newest on the Playa Blanca Resort
* This luxurious condo is on the 3rd floor and is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit that boasts all modern amenities
* View of the 17 acre swimming pool (50% complete with 8 acres now open). Please note this pool is NOT available to guests (currently under review)
* Owned by a Canadian family
* Our typical vacation is:
* Panama City - stay 1-2 nights in Panama City - several Sheraton Hotels right downtown by the waterfront and walk around to explore the city adjacent to the waterfront.
* Albrook Mall (largest mall in Central America located along the edge of Panama City alongside Panamal Canal and Albrook Airport). You can spend a day here.
* Panama Canal (8th Wonder of the World) - spend 4-5 hours at the Panama Canal watching ships pass through and seeing the displays in the 3 story Panama Canal Exhibit Hall (similar to a Science Centre).
* Your best plan is to plan to leave Panama City before noon to beat the mid afternoon traffic, pickup groceries along the way at Coronado, and enjoy the countryside on the 1.5 hr drive (divided highway with 2 lanes in each direction) to the resort where our property manager will meet you.
* Note if you rent a car, Panama law adds a mandatory $18.50 per day on for insurance unless you can bring written proof from your credit card company that your credit card covers it. If you rent a car we recommend renting it from one of the major companies at the Albrook Airport.
We stayed at this condo for a week and had a great time. The description and pictures were perfectly accurate, the weather was excellent, the condo pool was very relaxing, and we enjoyed exploring the rest of the resort and spending time at the beach. The condo is spacious, well decorated and well maintained with no problems during our stay. The owners and property manager were fabulous to deal with before, during, and after our stay.
We bought passes to the all-inclusive resort for a few days and found the pools, drinks, and food there were well worth it. We bought some groceries in Coronado on the way out from Panama City, and bought a few more items at the on-site mini-grocery store at the Town Center during the week. We also ate at a great little restaurant in Town Centre called Beirut, which was really good and has a nice atmosphere. There are many tours available departing form the resort but we didn't do any of them as we just wanted to relax.
We would definitely stay here again!
Panama is a beautiful country and Playa Blanca is one of the hidden gems along the coast.
We spent an amazing and relaxing week in this condo in January. The condo is beautifully furnished with comfortable wicker style furniture, a large dinning table, spacious kitchen with new appliances, and bright colourful paintings. The bedrooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. This condo has all the modern conveniences of a major city condo, however, its situated steps away from one of the nicest white-sand beach this side of the Pacific ocean. The condo is every bit as beautiful as the pictures and the description on this site.
The Founders towers are approximately 300 metres from the main Playa-Blanca resort, making it easy to walk to the village or the resort, but just far enough to remain away from the resort activities when desired. We enjoyed the large pool and hot tub at the tower and also enjoyed the resort atmosphere and pools when we felt like being there. There is also the worlds largest (or one of the largest) pools in the world on the property.
Travel to and from Panama City was an easy commute (2.5hrs) along safe and modern highways.
We had a great time and wouldn’t hesitate to return at any time of the year.
We really enjoyed this spacious 2 bedroom condo. Everything was exactly as described - fully furnished, internet, nicely decorated, very nice! The views are also great (ocean one way, big pool the other way). The beaches were very nice. We ate in-condo some of the time and paid to eat in the resort restuarants some of the time too. There is a pool right at the base of the condo tower, the 17 acre pool
(8 acres open now) is a 3 min walk, and the beach is a 8-10 min walk. There is some construction in progress on the resort but nothing distracting.
This is a great place with a fantastic layout and everything you need. The resort is developing and will be fantastic. The beach is beautiful. It is a very relaxing and safe area with lots of things to do nearby. Great for a long or short term stay.
This condo was exactly as advertised, or even better. It was clean, had lovely comfortable furniture, the beds were so cozy with beautiful linens, as well as plush towels. There were just the 4 of us adults, but there are bunk beds and a crib so a family with extras could stay there quite comfortably. There were also pools toys that would be great for little ones. The kitchen was well stocked with nice dishes and cooking implements. We ate at the buffet though at Playa Blanca and all agreed our meal was lovely-buy the tickets for the buffet at the Hotel entrance front desk- free wine and beer with the dinner meals. If you are coming, stop in Coronado first and buy/bring your groceries-no stores on site yet. I would highly recommend this condo. We had a lovely time on the large patio with some tropical beverages overlooking the ocean and sunset. The internet worked fine, and there is a nice flat screen TV too. Excellent quiet air conditioners and ceiling fans too. No complaints. We even had perfect weather, and enjoyed the magnificent ginormous multi-acre Playa Blanca pool, as well as the beaches. The beaches were a little dirty with branches and leaves due to a large storm had just passed through a few days before...but I think that is unusual. And at one of the PB restaurants we ran across a bartenders contest hosted by some vodka company that was quite entertaining. There is also free entertainment by the stage each evening, local dance and contests...and volleyball on the beach. We would stay there again for sure.