Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Remember a vacation that made you smile? This is your next one! When planning a vacation, I spend lot of time weighing important options because there are so many choices that it can be confusing. I don’t want to compromise on things that matter and you shouldn’t either. I think that the more you know about our St. James condo, the easier it will be for you to agree with me that it is not just the basic features, the number of beds and bathrooms that contribute to your sense of well being but whether or not you and your family smile and make good memories while you are sharing time together.
This floor plan is perfect for your quiet beach retreat. You will find yourself in a well appointed and professionally decorated condo at Marshwinds Villa in St. James Plantation. This floor plan is unique because there are two separate keyed entrances. This convenient design allows the second bedroom that has a small kitchenette to have complete privacy or to open and adjoin the main living area that is the heart of the unit. The main living area opens with sliding doors to a private screened porch where you can relax and enjoy early morning coffee or lunch. The Master bedroom has queen-size bed and adjoining bath. Laundry room includes a washer and dryer. The second bedroom has two double beds, a breakfast bar with microwave, refrigerator and full bathroom . There is a private swimming pool less than 100 feet outside the front door, well within the range of a baby monitor if you have a small child that still naps in the afternoon. The extra benefit is that we are on the first floor so time and energy is not spent carrying suitcases and groceries up extra flights of stairs.
If you are not happy with what you'r doing, you need to talk with us about spending some time exploring Oak Island, playing golf or visiting the seaside village of Southport or Wilmington. There are many activities in the surrounding area that appeal to all ages. I’m content and totally relaxed at the private St. James Beach and Clubhouse located on Oak Island. All I need is my bottled water and my sunglasses, a favorite book and lounge chair. However my husband is a member of the 6:00 Club that only gets up early when he has a tee time to play golf. St. James Plantation has been rated the number one Coastal Community in the Carolinas. Amenities include 81 holes of championship golf with courses designed by Nicklaus, Hale Irwin, Pete Dye and Tim Cate. There is a course that appeals to every level of player.
You have the choice of tennis courts, a marina on the intercostal waterway that is an easy walk from the condo, a fitness center, parks, a dog park, walking/biking trails, several outdoor swimming pools, restaurants, an oceanfront beach club with pool, picnic tables and a private bathhouse. The marina is the best spot for watching sunsets. St. James Plantation is located on the intercoastal waterway, not on the Atlantic Ocean, however they do have private beachfront property on Oak Island. If you choose you can slow down and step back in time and tour Southport, a lovely seaside town at the mouth of the Cape Fear River and enjoy a gourmet dinner featuring the best local seafood. We offer long term rentals for those who can't tear themselves away.
St, James Plantation is gated, private waterfront community that offers security that is unmatched in a coastal enviroment.
Peaceful, quiet retreat, conveniently located just minutes from CASWELL, HOLDEN and OAK ISLAND beaches and historic downtown SOUTHPORT,NC. Just 44 miles to MYRTLE BEACH. Short drive to WILMINGTON, NC
Cannot thank you enough
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
1 traveler review
Cannot thank you enough
We cannot begin to thank Lelia & Jay enough for allowing us to rent this wonderful condo at St. James Plantation. We spent five fantastic days in this condo in Southport to attend a wedding and to join up with longtime friends. The condo was clean & comfortable, and everthing you could ask for was already provided. We did wedding things & tourist things and then came back every day to enjoy the pool and just the comforts of our "own" place. This condo was an answer to prayer and we thank you once again for the opportunity to stay here. We will be in touch again.
Activity and Interests
* Oak Island Public Golf Course (10 minutes)
* Historic Southport and Cape Fear River Marina
* Horsedrawn carriage rides
* Explore Bald Head Island
* Take a ferry ride to Fort Fisher
* Incredible sunsets from the best seats in town
* Pier fishing, surf fishing and Charter boats
* USS Battleship North Carolina near Wilmington
* Wilmington Riverfest with Art Galleries and Antique Shops
* Azalea Festival in Wilmington
* Orton Plantation
* Tour NC lighthouses
* NC’s largest Aquarium at Fort Fisher
* Shallotte, Calabash and Lockwood Folly are 10 minute drives
* Exciting nightlife and outlet malls are a short drive to Myrtle Beach
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $80 - $125
Weekly Rate: $600 - $700
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
95.00 -125.00 per night with a one-time cleaning fee of $75.00.
Two night minimum. Linens provided.
The main condo & attached lockout unit can be rented together or
individually. Inquire for rates if you are interested in renting either the main unit or lockout separately.
Checkout is by 11am, check-in after 3pm or earlier (by previous
arrangement with the owner).
Special low rates available during the months of January and February.
Rates reduced if staying a week or longer.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Extra large bedroom with desk
- Bedroom 2 - 2 double
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Central Air and Heat * First floor for easy entry * Ceiling fans in each room * Queen bed and private bath in master bedroom * 2 double beds * Tiled kitchen and baths * Carpeted living rooms and bedrooms * Full eat-in kitchen stocked with pots, pans, bakeware, utensils,glasses and dishes. * fridge with ice maker * Dishwasher * Electric stove/oven * Microwave * Electric coffee maker * Coffee bean grinder * Toaster oven * Blender * Mixer * Washer/dryer * Private screened in porch * Assortment of books for bedtime reading * 32" TV with DVDCombo * TV in each bedroom * Cablevision * Board games and puzzles * All linens provided. Towels are for indoor use only! * All paper products provided * Please bring your own Beach Towels