Cottage, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Beautiful Keuka Lake is the most picturesque of New York's pristine Finger Lakes, in the heart of the wine country. It is 20 miles long, boasts about 60 miles of shoreline and a maximum depth of 186 feet. It has become the top destination in the Finger Lakes Region.
Located within a short walking distance to Keuka Lake State Park (with boat launch and many hiking trails) and Esperanza Mansion, our charmingly rustic, very clean cottage is situated on a quiet, private road with spectacular views overlooking the northwest branch of the lake. This cottage is perfect for a couple or a small family.
Sit back, unwind and enjoy the gorgeous romantic sunsets on 50 feet of lake frontage next to your crackling beach bonfire. Swim, fish, or take the rowboat out for a leisurely ride. Or simply take in the beautiful scenery from the comfortable patio chairs on the partially covered deck after a relaxing day of wine tasting.
The cottage is 7 miles from Penn Yan, 1 mile from Basin Park Marina (boat rentals, etc.), less than half a mile to fine dining at Esperanza Mansion, a very short stroll to Keuka Lake State Park, close to the famous Keuka Lake Wine Trail for tastings and tours, hiking, golfing, gift shops, antiques, many restaurants and much more.
**For more photos please visit our Facebook page by searching 'Esperanza.Dreaming'**
Romantic and Relaxing Days at the Lake
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great to experience the lake and surrounding areas this time of year.
The cottage is perfect, quite a change from the "trapper's cabin" remembered from my youth spent just two doors down Esperanza from 1951-1960. Family moved out west. Forty year anniversary surprise trip from my wife. I have not been back since 1963, and she had never been further East than Montana. All my stories were validated and connections made with relatives and family friends.
Thank you so much for this, it was perfect.
Gary & Chris
Hood River, Oregon
4.9 based on 37 traveler reviews
Romantic and Relaxing Days at the Lake
My wife and I had an incredible 3 nights at the Lake in early October, enjoying 75 degrees and sunny every day. We found the cottage to be exceptionally clean, comfortable, and cozy - providing us with all we needed for a relaxing and romantic getaway. The proximity to the State Park and wineries was fully taken advantage of - with morning jogs and daily trips around the lake for tastings, meals and wine purchases. The kayaks were an awesome addition, and we enjoyed two trips out on the lake in them. There were an unlimited number of places to relax - between the lake-side fire pit, hammock, deck, two sitting areas, bench seat, etc. We enjoyed using the grill for two nights for cooking in, sitting at the picnic table to dine al fresco before chilling by the fire each night with a bottle of wine, listening to the crickets, cicadas, and gently crashing waves. A special and heart-felt "thank you" to the Hamiltons for thinking of everything one could possibly need and want to enjoy Keuka Lake!
We had a fabulous stay on Esperanza Drive. Check in , check out and everything in between was great. The cottage was just right for my husband and me. It was clean and well stocked. We opted to rent the linen and it was well worth it. The view was gorgeous and lake access was easy. We kayaked, fished, and went swimming...........the weather was perfect for us all week. Everyone we encountered on the lake was friendly and informative. Grocery stores and restaurants were close. Watkins Glen, The Curtis Museum, and the Corning Glass Museum were easy day trips. We rented a Pontoon boat for a day that added to our fun. We can't wait to return!
Donna and Larry
Well stocked , clean and comfortable cabin with beautiful views. A short walk to Keuka Park.
The cottage was beautiful and very clean , the view is amazing
From walking into the cottage there was a note congratulating us on our wedding and there was a bottle of wine and crackers with cheese in the fridge. The place was amazing and so peaceful. Sitting out at night on the deck with the torches going to having a fire right on the water. We used there kayaks and had a great time,, we hope to stay there again next year.
This is a wonderful rental. The location is beautiful, and the cottage is clean, quiet, very well-equipped, and nicely decorated. Owners are very responsive and helpful. We've rented more than a dozen other places through VRBO/HomeAway, and this one is tops!
So very hard to leave
The cottage is just perfect. The location, the neighbors and the cottage are just lovely. My husband cycled every morning, we both kyaked and then went to a few wineries for lunch and wine. Every day ended on the shore or pier enjoying the view before dinner on the deck! The cottage is wonderful and we can not wait to return. You will not regret your stay, we will cherish ours. Thank you for affording us this luxury!!
Activity and Interests
Keuka Lake offers plenty of activities to suit everyone! Brochures and info are provided at the Cottage.
* Wine tasting at one of the many local wineries on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail
* Hiking and biking at Keuka Lake State Park or on the 7 mile historic Outlet Trail in Penn Yan
* Visit nearby Watkins Glen State Park for hiking alongside beautiful waterfalls
* Boating: rent a powerboat, jetski, paddle boat, sailboat, kayak or canoe from a boat rental service close by
* Fishing: the crystal clear waters of Keuka Lake make for great fishing, especially lake trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, bass, pickeral, perch and pan fish
* Seneca Farms home-made Ice Cream!!
* Fine dining at Esperanza Mansion or enjoy an upscale lunch or dinner cruise on the Esperanza Rose, an elegant 65-foot wooden vintage cruising vessel
* Casual dining at the numerous local restaurants in Penn Yan including Antique Inn, The Keuka Restaurant, Lloyd's Limited Pub, Holly's Red Rooster, and La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
* Take your boat to dinner at one of the many lakefront restaurants. Some have docks and offer tie-up facilities including The Waterfront, Lakeside Restaurant and The Swizerland Inn
* Shop on historic Main Street in Penn Yan or hit The Windmill Craft Market on Saturdays
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Post Season 2016
Sep 4 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
Pre Season 2017
Apr 23 2017 - Jun 17 2017
2 night minimum stay
Post Season 2017
Sep 10 2017 - Nov 1 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
Please request linen rental or cleaning service at time of booking:
Linen rental: flat fee of $25 (sheets, pillowcases, towels, wash cloths).
Departure Cleaning Service: $75. If you do not use this service, please be advised the cleaning fee will be charged if the cottage is not left as clean as you found it.
We require a copy of completed and signed rental agreement within 5 days of booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1
- Newer stand-up shower, linen drawers, toilet, sink/vanity and medicine cabinet, hair dryer, space heater, hand towels, cleaning supplies.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- One queen bed, two side tables, two reading lamps, alarm clock, dresser, closet with two luggage stands, iron & ironing board (in closet), full length mirror, baseboard heater, window air conditioning unit.
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Additional Interior features: * Sun porch: Five windows overlooking deck and Keuka Lake, full sized futon, rocking chair, TV/DVD, small library of books and DVD movies, puzzles, cards, poker chips, baseboard heater Addtional Outdoor Features * Cottage is situated at a higher level than the beach. There are private steps leading down to 50 feet of beach front area. We strongly recommend everyone wear water shoes if going in the water * Large hammock overlooking the lake for a lazy afternoon nap * Sitting bench at top of steps with amazing views of lake * Private 30 foot dock for boating/fishing/swimming, with boat lift for small craft (up to 1600 lbs) * Use of rowboat, 2 kayaks & Sunfish sailboat (for experienced sailors only!) * Lake gradually slopes to about 4 feet deep at the end of the dock * Bonfire pit on the beach (with firewood provided and chairs to relax next to your fire) * Boat launch just down the road at Keuka Lake State Park