Cottage, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
Beautiful Keuka Lake is the most picturesque of New York's pristine Finger Lakes, in the heart of the wine country. It is 20 miles long, boasts about 60 miles of shoreline and a maximum depth of 186 feet. It has become the top destination in the Finger Lakes Region.
Located within a short walking distance to Keuka Lake State Park (with boat launch and many hiking trails) and Esperanza Mansion, our charmingly rustic, very clean cottage is situated on a quiet, private road with spectacular views overlooking the northwest branch of the lake. This cottage is perfect for a couple or a small family.
Sit back, unwind and enjoy the gorgeous romantic sunsets on 50 feet of lake frontage next to your crackling beach bonfire. Swim, fish, or take the rowboat out for a leisurely ride. Or simply take in the beautiful scenery from the comfortable patio chairs on the partially covered deck after a relaxing day of wine tasting.
The cottage is 7 miles from Penn Yan, 1 mile from Basin Park Marina (boat rentals, etc.), less than half a mile to fine dining at Esperanza Mansion, a very short stroll to Keuka Lake State Park, close to the famous Keuka Lake Wine Trail for tastings and tours, hiking, golfing, gift shops, antiques, many restaurants and much more.
**For more photos please visit our Facebook page by searching 'Esperanza.Dreaming'**
Another amazing stay at Esperanza Dream
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great to experience the lake and surrounding areas this time of year.
The cottage is perfect, quite a change from the "trapper's cabin" remembered from my youth spent just two doors down Esperanza from 1951-1960. Family moved out west. Forty year anniversary surprise trip from my wife. I have not been back since 1963, and she had never been further East than Montana. All my stories were validated and connections made with relatives and family friends.
Thank you so much for this, it was perfect.
Gary & Chris
Hood River, Oregon
4.9 based on 27 traveler reviews
Another amazing stay at Esperanza Dream
This was our "4th" stay at the cottage. My sister and I meet up here from different parts of the USA to visit with family and just soak up the view of the lake. Another great stay; wine on the deck, great neighbor's that loaned us extra kayaks for the grand kids and my 13 year old nephew caught about a 3 pound bass off the dock!!! We will be back, it always takes us back to our childhood growing up in the area near the Great Lakes.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at your beautiful cottage for our honeymoon. Everything was perfect and above and beyond what we expected. It honestly felt like home. The views of the lake from the deck just never got old!!! We cannot wait to come back for our 1st Anniversary and hopefully every Anniversary after... thank you again for sharing your home with us.
Greg and Jennifer St Clair
Quaint little cottage
We had a great time at the cottage. Beautiful scenery on the drives to wineries, breweries, waterfalls and small towns nearby (Penn Yan, Hammondsport, Naples, Branchport, Watkins Glen, Geneva). The cottage was clean and well stocked. It is small but comfortable and the views are amazing.
One of the best getaways from New York City!!!
I'd like to thank the Hamilton Family for such a wonderful welcome! We're so happy that we chose this lake house! What can be better than waking up with a cup of coffee on the veranda with one of the most beautiful views on Keuka lake! Or fishing and having fresh fish for lunch! The booking was super easy, and all questions were answered quickly. The house was stocked with everything needed and more! We spent a perfect three days in a place where body and souls come into perfect harmony. Despite the weather (cold winds from the Canadian side) we were able to enjoy the beauty of Lake Keuka, wineries and wine tastings, fishing and barbecuing. The heating in the house worked great, this way the cold outside wasn't so scary. We can only imagine how great it is here in the summer and fall! Thank you for letting us have our little getaway at your wonderful home. I recommend it to everyone and we definitely want to go back!
Our stay at the Esperanza Dream Lakeside cottage was perfect! The weather was a bit chilly one of the days, but we absolutely love the cottage and how quaint it is. The view of the lake every morning with my coffee was like heaven. Everything was clean and in order when we arrived, and we had zero issues during our stay.
We will definitely be returning!!
Feels like home
Five years and counting .... every return to the cottage on Keuka feels a bit like coming home .... cannot imagine a better place to enjoy the spectacle of fall color .... either from the deck with a cup of coffee on a lazy morning ... or on a drive through the countryside .... this place serves to slow you down ... allows you to enjoy the simple things .... Saturday at the Ithaca farmers market .... dinner at the Village Tavern in Hammondsport .... they have the best calamari you will ever put in your mouth .... the search for an out-of-the-way quilt shop filled with treasure ... a day trip to Letchworth .... apples from the Apple Barrel .... a trip to Murandas in Waterloo for the best blue cheese ... my two weeks again went much too quickly .... but as I said ... Five years and counting .... hopefully next October will find me back on Keuka .... feeling quite like I am home again .... in the meantime ... anyone who is looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle .... to relax and recoup .... the cottage on Keuka is a perfect choice .... the Hamiltons are wonderful hosts .... you will feel right at home in no time at all ....
Activity and Interests
Keuka Lake offers plenty of activities to suit everyone! Brochures and info are provided at the Cottage.
* Wine tasting at one of the many local wineries on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail
* Hiking and biking at Keuka Lake State Park or on the 7 mile historic Outlet Trail in Penn Yan
* Visit nearby Watkins Glen State Park for hiking alongside beautiful waterfalls
* Boating: rent a powerboat, jetski, paddle boat, sailboat, kayak or canoe from a boat rental service close by
* Fishing: the crystal clear waters of Keuka Lake make for great fishing, especially lake trout, rainbow trout, brown trout, bass, pickeral, perch and pan fish
* Seneca Farms home-made Ice Cream!!
* Fine dining at Esperanza Mansion or enjoy an upscale lunch or dinner cruise on the Esperanza Rose, an elegant 65-foot wooden vintage cruising vessel
* Casual dining at the numerous local restaurants in Penn Yan including Antique Inn, The Keuka Restaurant, Lloyd's Limited Pub, Holly's Red Rooster, and La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
* Take your boat to dinner at one of the many lakefront restaurants. Some have docks and offer tie-up facilities including The Waterfront, Lakeside Restaurant and The Swizerland Inn
* Shop on historic Main Street in Penn Yan or hit The Windmill Craft Market on Saturdays
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Post Season 2016
Sep 4 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
Please request linen rental or cleaning service at time of booking:
Linen rental: flat fee of $25 (sheets, pillowcases, towels, wash cloths).
Departure Cleaning Service: $75. If you do not use this service, please be advised the cleaning fee will be charged if the cottage is not left as clean as you found it.
We require a copy of completed and signed rental agreement within 5 days of booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1
- Newer stand-up shower, linen drawers, toilet, sink/vanity and medicine cabinet, hair dryer, space heater, hand towels, cleaning supplies.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- One queen bed, two side tables, two reading lamps, alarm clock, dresser, closet with two luggage stands, iron & ironing board (in closet), full length mirror, baseboard heater, window air conditioning unit.
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Additional Interior features: * Sun porch: Five windows overlooking deck and Keuka Lake, full sized futon, rocking chair, TV/DVD, small library of books and DVD movies, puzzles, cards, poker chips, baseboard heater Addtional Outdoor Features * Cottage is situated at a higher level than the beach. There are private steps leading down to 50 feet of beach front area. We strongly recommend everyone wear water shoes if going in the water * Large hammock overlooking the lake for a lazy afternoon nap * Sitting bench at top of steps with amazing views of lake * Private 30 foot dock for boating/fishing/swimming, with boat lift for small craft (up to 1600 lbs) * Use of rowboat, 2 kayaks & Sunfish sailboat (for experienced sailors only!) * Lake gradually slopes to about 4 feet deep at the end of the dock * Bonfire pit on the beach (with firewood provided and chairs to relax next to your fire) * Boat launch just down the road at Keuka Lake State Park