House, 5 Bedrooms, 2 Loft Areas, 4 Full Bathrooms, 2 Powder Rooms, Sleeps 18
A must see Beautiful, One-Of-A-Kind mountain get-away. Escape to the mountains for a weekend of luxury living in this brand new Timber Framed Custom Home. Enjoy the privacy of the mountains with plenty of activities. You are within walking distance to Forbes State Forest and just a short drive to Hidden Valley (5 minutes); Seven Springs (15 minutes); and Idlewild Park & Soakzone (30 minutes). This property is part of Fern Mountain Highlands located in the heart of the Laurel Highland Mountains and directly adjacent to Forbes State Forest with 1000s of acres and miles of trails available for hunting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, snowmobiling, and much more. This property is within minutes of Hidden Valley Resort and Seven Springs Resort with some of the best skiing and golfing in the Mid-Atlantic. And a short drive to Idlewild Park and Soakzone which features seven exciting theme areas and was rated the 'Best Kids Park in the World' by Amusement Today. The Laurel Highlands has many activities for all individuals. Come to the mountains for the beautiful fall foliage; skiing, snowmobiling, or even hunting during the winter months; and don't forget about golfing and sporting clays at Seven Springs in the summer months. No matter when you decide to come to the mountains we promise it will be a relaxing, fun filled time in this Luxury cabin. For more information about this beautiful home please visit our website.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for a great time with my family while at Fern Mountain. The house is great, more than we could imagine.
We do have a request... While we were there we all had a great night sleep on the king beds and the bunk beds and we were wanting to know what style and brand these are because they were so comfortable. This would help a great deal as both my wife and I woke up with no pain (getting older). I e-mailed Rustic Furniture but they don't sell mattress's. I forgot to look while I was there. If you have that information could you please let me know.
Again thank you for a great setting and place to share with my family.
Renters (7/23/2011 thru 7/30/2011)
p.s. my 3 year old grandson said as we pulled up to the house "this is awesome"
(16 traveler reviews)
We had a group of ten people. There was ample room for everyone. Steve was very accommodating. The cabin was beautiful and very peaceful. It was clean and organized. Everyone really enjoyed their stay.
This cabin is a WOW, the pictures are true in every way! The open floor plan gave a definite spacious feeling and no one ever felt left out. One of my favorite features were the two under the counter refrigerators , what a blessing! Perfect for snacks and beverages, leaving he full size fridge for everything else.
The back deck is huge with two tables and plenty of chairs. The huge grill accommodated twelve large Rib Eye Steaks, and there was room for more, much larger than ours.
We hit some rainy weather during our stay, so movies on the projection screen filled some time. On the clear evenings we made good use of the fire pit .
Mr, Steele was very accommodating to our needs. very easy to work with and I hope he felt the same way about us.
The only real downside is that any open floor plan makes it difficult for the A/C to be even, maybe a fan would hAve helped the loft area a bit.
One other heads up...the fifth bedroom is actually another level to the loft, so don't plan on the Grandparents for that space .
My recommendation is to make your plans ASAP, and don't forget your towels.
Thanks to Pappy's Cabin we had a wonderful family reunion.
Great time just some downfalls
The property was great and we had so much fun. There were some downfalls. The property doesn't comfortably sleep what is advertised. The pull out couches are paper thin, so we had to buy 3 air mattresses after arriving. There wasn't anywhere to put garbage since the cans were filled and there weren't any trash bags so we had to go spend more money to get big garbage bags. The people sleeping down stairs will freeze. Everyone ended up sleeping on couches/floor unstairs in the middle of the night. Most video games in the game room do not work. For the money I thought we would have been better accommodated.
Couldn't have picked a better place for our family reunion. Plenty of beds and the cabin is just beautiful. Even though the weather was warmer than we thought and skiing was taken out we found plenty to do to keep us and the kids busy. Would love to go back next year and do it all again.
My friends and I had an absolutely spectacular weekend at the Highlands Lodge. The cabin could not be more gorgeous and impressive. It's even better in person than in the photos (which already sold me on booking it). We had perfect weather and made memories that will certainly last forever. The owners were wonderful and responded quickly to any questions. The check-in and check-out process was also very easy. We had a great time skiing, snowboarding, and tubing at Seven Springs, which is less than 20 minutes away. We had a group of 13 people and everyone had their own space. It truly couldn't have been a more enjoyable weekend. If you're thinking about booking this cabin, I highly recommend it. Thank you for a fantastic weekend!
We rented this house to for a family ski-trip in celebration of our daughter's first birthday and it turned out far better than we expected. It was easy to communicate with the owners, they were extremely helpful with checking-in/setting-up, etc. The place itself in incredible. It's huge, but still felt intimate, so perfect for a gathering of close friends/family. The kitchen was comfortable for several people to be in at the same time and there is an awesome game room on the lower level with entertainment for kids. It's at a higher point on the mountain, so the views are beautiful and air outside is crisp so it's a lot of fun to use the fire pit. I really could go on and on, but we were very pleased with our stay at the cabin and would highly recommend it to others.
Activity and Interests
Adventure Sports, Biking, Fishing, Golf, Clay Shooting, Hiking, Horse Riding, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rafting, Fine Dining, Shopping, Wineries, Skiing, Snowboarding, Theme Park, Zoo/Wildlife Park.
Enjoy just about every outdoor activity you can imagine. Seven Springs has a top rated golf course, a luxury spa, sporting clays course, Zipline Course, bike rentals, fine dining, shopping, UTV tours, alpine tour, rock wall, fly fishing, horseback riding, outdoor & indoor swimming pools, game room, alpine slide, paddle boat & kayak rentals, and much more. Hidden valley has many of the same fun activities. Idlewild Park and Soakzone features seven exciting theme areas and was rated the number two 'Best Kids Park' in the World by Amusement Today (kids of all ages will love Idlewild Park). Some of the top Pennsylvania wineries are located just a short drive from our cabin. And also Ohiopyle State Park has some great white water rafting and biking (approximately 35 minutes away). With Forbes State Forest right out our back door, you will be able to hike, bike, hunt, fish, snowmobile, horse ride, and much more right from the property.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- whitewater rafting
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Upper Level bathroom
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Master bath for lower level master bedroom
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom for lower level bunk room
- Half Bathroom #2 - toilet, Lower Level powder room
- Half Bathroom - toilet, Main Level powder room
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Private Master bathroom for master bedroom on main level
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 1 twin/ single, Upstairs Bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Master Bedroom in Lower Level
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Master Bedroom on first floor
- Bedroom 4 - 2 double, 2 twin/ single, Bunk Room in Lower Level (sleeps 6)
- Bedroom 5 - 2 double, Loft area above upstairs bedroom
- Two bedrooms on Lower Level; One bedroom on Main Level; One bedroom and two loft areas on Upper Level
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Large Open Fireplace, Geothermal Heating / Air Conditioning, Free WiFi, Cable / High Definition, 60' Television in great room, 9' projection screen TV in theater room, DVD / BluRay Player, Stereo, Foos Ball Table, 4 Arcade Games, Luxury Kitchen, Cooking Utensils, IceMaker, Microwave, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Washing / Drying Machines, Scenic Deck with Grill, Abundant Parking Space This Luxury House has everything you need to enjoy your stay in the mountains. When your done enjoying all the outdoor activities, you can enjoy the unique game room with foos ball, darts, and full size arcade games. Or maybe relax in the theater room with a 9' projection screen TV and watch your favorite movie or sporting event. Free WiFi available throughout the house. Master Bedroom - King Size Bed / Master bath 2nd Bedroom - King Size Bed plus one single bed / full bath 3rd Bedroom - King Size Bed & single sleeper sofa / full bath 4th Bedroom - Two twin over full bunk beds / full bath (this room sleeps up to six) Library Room - Full size sleeper sofa Loft Area - Queen Sleeper Sofa 2nd Loft Area - Queen mattress This house sleeps 14 very comfortably and can sleep up to 18 (including sleeper sofas)